Tips to improve Fuel Economy

sir. 3S-G

Apr 17, 2011
TezzaVille :p
What I just do to get a good run from my Mark ii is, I just keep the RPM meter within 2000 rotations. The result is just overwhelming!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
NGV is good..

and other thing such as products that create Hydrogen & Oxygen from H2O(water)..

:biggrin:

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi, when i got my car and b4 i do anything with it, avg FC was about 11.4KM/L

Tried to maintain driving condition as consistence as possible, drive to work only,
same road, same time, same as jam everyday. Pump full tank all the time, same
station near house, same pump no.5, next time pump full again, measure distance
travelled divided by litre filled to get full tank again. Avg 11.4KM/L +/- 0.6KM/L.

After 3 months using the car, i began making some changes to it.

First i change all 4 tires to new Continental and pump it hard to 300kpa,
still ok though a little stiffer, road grip is fine due to new tire ma, even
at 300kpa the rubber still soft. Then i throw away the mud guard to improve
aerodynamics, throw off the spare tire too, remove the back bumper and now
my Saga Aeroback looks like LMST.

And then all this while i have been hearing engine knocks, looking at the distributor
i saw it tilted to advanced. Each time at low rpm will hear it knocks, more and louder
when up a slope or hill but it goes away everytime when the car got up to speed
beyond 60km/h. At 80km/h knocks will be totally gone. Then i had this problem
that hot starting took a bit longer to crank compare to when cold in the morning.
Sometimes hot starting needed more than one crank.

Then i decided to back off the timing a bit, now could hardly hear a knock but
still got knocks la, just very very very seldom hear it which is a gd things coz
i scare if totally no knocks, i may ran the engine retard, at least now i know
timing is just right, feel good too. And amazingly, backing off timing has eliminate
my hot starting problem! Now hot or cold, crank the same, just one easy short
crank already got the engine to turn over.

And i throw away all plastics from the boot of the Saga, now open the boot and
only see bare metal, totally clean and clear. Now my Saga ratling noise has reduce
a lot, almost like a new car though this is a 21 years old car. And i forgot to mention
i changed all 4 shock absorbers too while changing the tires.

Now the FC, after done all that, it average to 13.6KM/L. I got nothing else to throw now,
weight reduction already near limit. Next i go for leaner tuning with water injection
and then HHO. Not as easy as throw things, but will try to do it somehow.

david wai

Jan 14, 2011
shah alam
Do you ever try to fix a morey's power booster to your car?Morey Oil - Auckland based distributors and manufacturers of top quality lubricants, New Zealand
The morey's ucl not only can improve engine performance,reduced fuel consumption,it also cause the engine to be more responsive and lighter in accereration.A 250ml hdos pour into your engine makes it smoother and reduce the tappet noise.Do not need to take out the spare tyre ,with morey's product you will be happy to drive your pony everyday racing it to work & and back:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it's that good, care to give me a bottle to subjectively review with scientific gadgets and all? My car is due for service soon.

wan_k278

Feb 12, 2012
Shah Alam
guys,

did you all heard about Qmax Dyno, that can save fuel and increase horsepower..
Is that true..?? I confuse on this product, any suggestion or advise from all of you..

TQ.

mysql2779

Dec 30, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Great steps to lower FC...! How about AC ? How much % of fuel probably saved for turning off AC ? Just curious even I'm not gonna turn the AC off in Msia....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
guys,

did you all heard about Qmax Dyno, that can save fuel and increase horsepower..
Is that true..?? I confuse on this product, any suggestion or advise from all of you..

TQ.
Unless there's a neutral party willing to do a test on their own car claims from the company have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I'm currently testing a cable that claims larger spark and all that, supposedly improves power, FC and all. I've just done my pre-test dyno so after driving the car around a bit, I'll go for another dyno later.

wan_k278

Feb 12, 2012
Shah Alam
I also heard, by using iridium spark plug we can reduce FC and increase HP also without any installation from Dyno products.. How perfect a iridium spark plug was..??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai everybody,i drive satria gti 2000 with vr4 engine,td05,.now im looking for good workshop dat can provide good service to my car with reasonable price ofcoz...area kl or selangor.urgent.....tq:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience