Ticking Noise from My Engine

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
My Campro has this ticking noise. I can't exactly pinpoint the exact locaction. It appears to be coming from the intake side where the injectors are near the stock fuel regulator. I tried to put my ear close to the valve cover where the camshafts are but couldn't hear anything.

I just wonder if its due to injectors ticking or lifters ticking or some other issues. Read that there is IAFM ticking issue but my does not come with it.

Anyone facing the same issue as me?

Other than the noise, engine is working fine.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Could be valve tapper noise or IAFM valve spoil. Ask your Proton Service Centre to check whether its IAFM.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
My Campro has this ticking noise. I can't exactly pinpoint the exact locaction. It appears to be coming from the intake side where the injectors are near the stock fuel regulator. I tried to put my ear close to the valve cover where the camshafts are but couldn't hear anything.

I just wonder if its due to injectors ticking or lifters ticking or some other issues. Read that there is IAFM ticking issue but my does not come with it.

Anyone facing the same issue as me?

Other than the noise, engine is working fine.
CamPro engine ticking noise is common. If it ain't the lifters or IAFM / VIM unit, it is the injectors. They work at higher pressure than of those older Proton cars.
Fear not if the injector ticking is there, fear when they stop ticking..
Ticking shouldn't be too loud i suppose.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
CamPro engine ticking noise is common. If it ain't the lifters or IAFM / VIM unit, it is the injectors. They work at higher pressure than of those older Proton cars.
Fear not if the injector ticking is there, fear when they stop ticking..
Ticking shouldn't be too loud i suppose.
Thanks! I used a screw driver to pinpoint the noise and its indeed from the injectors.

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
CK.. the ticking is abit loud during cold starts? and gets quieter as the engine warms up.. right?
or do i have a reason to get worried? :hmmmm2:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
CK.. the ticking is abit loud during cold starts? and gets quieter as the engine warms up.. right?
or do i have a reason to get worried? :hmmmm2:
During cold start..yes..and no actually. depends on rail pressure also.

Some running on high pressure will have loud ticking sound practically during cold start / normal operating temperature.

Fuel is rich-er during cold start to quickly bring the engine to normal operating temperature -> more fuel is injected -> injector sprays more fuel over a "longer" period of time ( in milliseconds ).
Hence, ticking; more obvious.

My opinion lah..dont take it word by word. it may cause harm to health :nurse: