This SuckS : Credit card talks end

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

Crashvenom said:
mate,

no offence, from all your post, you are giving us nothing but an impression that you are nothing but one arrogant and have no idea what business is all about.

operating a petrol kiosk is never an easy job, and no one in zth said that it is easy, but bare in mind.. it's also not the hardest job around. there are a lot of zth'ian here who possess a difference profession. some might be easy and some is hard. we are here just to state our view and comments as a consumer and exchanging opinion regarding the matter.

first, you are telling us.. go to hell with customer services/consumer conveniences? mate, this is one of the most important criteria for retailing business. Just like a restaurant ok?
you make people feels good and comfortable. So they (we) will keep coming back to refuel and let you earn some money for your car. you are not the only kiosk around, thats
y normally you have 2 kiosk next to each other, it's competition in services and consumer conveniences. what you think it is? choice of diff brand of fuel? what make you think now
esso and mobil keep adver in radio about conveniences in the station where you can pump petrol using cc at the pump and the more you use the more you earn? it's all about
bringing (us) consumer to your station. because you aint a monopoly station. we have
tons of choices.

i believe there is no losses, it's just a lower margin of profit. So please do not mention losses here. its just a matter of how much you all earn. more or less. trust, you wouldn't want another kiosk next to you acceting c.card while you are not.

selamat hari raya to you mate and good luck! hope next year will be a better year for all of us. but i doubt it!

so crashvenom...what business u invovle in??.....iam here for nearly 20 years....my qualifications are in business as well...how can u say that i have no idea what business is??? iam still livin here...and now i think its more that ever what iam capable to gain......and yes i might be arrogant....but iam fighting for other ppl as well....consumers will only look for themselve...they never imagine other people situations....finally haji alang want to put to the end of this bullshit....its already been 4 years we be patient...and for ur infor my business is one of the best services around....we are an A class dealer....u think its easy to gain this??? if iam protecting the other PDAM member in this forum with words that make forumers here hurt or offended....what do u think other dealers would say???...yeah u right...in work nothing is easy...by this that what make u want to gain more....for example if u working like dogs and only gain rm1k...u satisfied??...i think the first think u will do is resign....if ur boss try to stop u...u ask for better pay....call that bullshiting???

AJ6677

iam barking at the wrong tree???....what do u think when consumers go in the net and open a topic there....like what in zth....who is he barking at????...i nearly say this around 5 times edi....it wont happen until the GOV not entertaning us....and for ur info....we are barking at the GOV....think about it.....have i ever open a topic here in zth to bark at u ppl???....and i started the war???...read my previous post....in order to gain attention from somebody HIGH....u need to make attention first for the guy to listen....and it havet been decided yet when this thing will happen....

Last edited by a moderator:

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
][zoohalee][vtec][ said:
dude...for ur info petrol commision being control by the government....the petrol compnay for example shell, petronas, esso etc etc have no rights to give them extra commision....

and some of the zthians here stated that if the whole 2700 petrol owner boycott the CC and 1 of them didnt want too....maybe the 1 person sales rise for hile....but trust me la after this all over the regular customer will always go back to their usual petrol station....(they always does)

and if this 1 petrol station not to boycott this thing...what can the other 2699 different members can label him as a kiasu farker....when we fight for our rights u dowan to joins us....but if somehow the gov give us the benefits like charging the customer the 1.25% and commision rise...... u gain from it as well.....and u are also happy from it...if this shall happy 1 fine day this 2699 other petrol station owner will boycott this petrol station who accept CC. lets say if his into trouble by the respective company that his working for....nobody will back him up....

this is just to get back what banks stole from us....simple...for the past 4 years we already lost RM500k just because of customer chargers being charge to us....

like what i said on "stupid shell stole my 1 cents" topic....

if all the dealer decided not to accept CC....what customers can do about it???....u want to go to projet???....go la....see how u feel if u "Q" a single pump to swipe ur CC with 10 to 15 cars in a pump....by all means...go.....

and CC usage has cause how many people in a month to bankrupt?? all those ppl that u read in local newspaper like for example "the star" and etc shows how many court orders because the people failed to pay their CC.....personnaly i know a few friends of mine whole own thousands from the bank and failed to pay.....lawyers laters every month....

and i dun understand why people say if we dun accept CC it will only resolve in customers have to carryy more cash.....hello? all u need is around rm 70 to make ur tank full in a day....so is it really hard to carry rm 70???....duh duh duh....and + its only for petrol station....u still can shop with ur CC....dun tell me that ur wallet contain no money and only CC avalaible in ur everyday life....
You'll be surprised what's inside my wallet. I have more CCs than cash.....

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

pillage2001 said:
You'll be surprised what's inside my wallet. I have more CCs than cash.....

why would i be??? everybody can own a CC now....

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
][zoohalee][vtec][ said:
why would i be??? everybody can own a CC now....
Point being, most of the time, I have no cash. Only CC.

Then again, from all your post, I can see that you're not very happy about where you're standing now. You have to remember that you have a contract with the CC company and it's mandatory for them to charge you the service charge of 1-2%. Please don't make it as if you're in a loss here. Nobody would want to make a loss in business. There are expenditures to keep a business running.

Consumers will be consumers. They complain. FAce it. You said you're a businessman. You should have seen this coming.

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

yes...in business complain is normal....but i have the rights to shoot back...there no law saying that ppl who own business can say a word....

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
][zoohalee][vtec][ said:
yes...in business complain is normal....but i have the rights to shoot back...there no law saying that ppl who own business can say a word....
Never said you can't complain either. Complain away. :)

extrememech

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
zoohalee, so next month no more cc service ah ? sorry if i ask but lazy to read the update lah... hehe :Þ

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

dunno yet...they treaten only too gain the gov attention for now...but iam not saying that they wont do it...if the gov dowan to talk about this they will do it in couple of days la i guess...

but for now theres news that saying that the GOV and bank managers want to meet the Pdam president to talk about this...if things goes well and a solution being decided...iam sure everything goes back to normal...

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
Bank won't simply give up cause the amount involve is too Huge .....
for sure nothing one lah ....
Bank will find a good solution to sux money from their customer wallet ....
Owner and user both also bank customer .....

Why don't we try boycot Bank ??? ask them pay us higher intrest rate ........

AJ6677

500 RPM
Aug 12, 2005
Melawati
zoohalee,

im surprised that u got qualification in business. ur comments does not show that u got one. i dont have qualification in business but i know for businessmen, customers come first. u dont vent ur frustration and anger to ur customers.

btw....i think u shld do ur talking in the media not here bro. go to newspapers or tv stations. it might serves u better. or take over from alang as he could not do anything for the petrol kiosk owner....after 4 years.... :smile:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
][zoohalee][vtec][ said:
so crashvenom...what business u invovle in??.....iam here for nearly 20 years....my qualifications are in business as well...how can u say that i have no idea what business is??? iam still livin here...and now i think its more that ever what iam capable to gain......and yes i might be arrogant....but iam fighting for other ppl as well....consumers will only look for themselve...they never imagine other people situations....finally haji alang want to put to the end of this bullshit....its already been 4 years we be patient...and for ur infor my business is one of the best services around....we are an A class dealer....u think its easy to gain this??? if iam protecting the other PDAM member in this forum with words that make forumers here hurt or offended....what do u think other dealers would say???...yeah u right...in work nothing is easy...by this that what make u want to gain more....for example if u working like dogs and only gain rm1k...u satisfied??...i think the first think u will do is resign....if ur boss try to stop u...u ask for better pay....call that bullshiting???

AJ6677

iam barking at the wrong tree???....what do u think when consumers go in the net and open a topic there....like what in zth....who is he barking at????...i nearly say this around 5 times edi....it wont happen until the GOV not entertaning us....and for ur info....we are barking at the GOV....think about it.....have i ever open a topic here in zth to bark at u ppl???....and i started the war???...read my previous post....in order to gain attention from somebody HIGH....u need to make attention first for the guy to listen....and it havet been decided yet when this thing will happen....
being a grad in business doen't make u a better businessman.. heh he hheh... and u're ? 20 yrs old?

anyway... relax la... u guys gotta still have to provide cc service as made known in the news yesterday. But anyhow, curiosity sake, if CC services does continue, do you have an option to opt out? just for your own station.. like... 'this station don't accept CC'?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
:dancing2:

No credit card boycott

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysians can look forward to being able to continue using their credit cards to pay for fuel purchases at petrol stations, even after Hari Raya.

The Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister has intervened to prevent a boycott by petrol dealers following the rise in credit card charges for fuel purchases.

A meeting chaired by Datuk Shafie Apdal and attended by representatives from the Finance Ministry, Bank Negara, Association of Banks of Malaysia, oil companies and Petrol Dealers Association of Malaysia, decided that banks, oil companies and dealers must come up with a proposal by next week that does not burden the public.

“Its either the banks reduce their charges or oil companies chip in. At the same time, the dealers cannot ask for much. It is not a credit card problem. It is just a problem with the rate and the question of who is going to bear the cost,” he said after the two-hour meeting here yesterday.

The meeting was called yesterday following a stalemate last week between the parties involved. The dealers had threatened to stop accepting credit cards after Hari Raya if no solution was found.

The dealers have complained that high interest charges by banks had reduced profits since 2002. The banks are charging 1.25% credit charges for credit card usage, and due to the increasing fuel prices, dealers’ profit margin had declined.

Shafie said that he understood the problem faced by dealers who had to use cash in their transactions with oil companies, especially with the forthcoming festive season.

“When the dealers have to use cash and consumers pay with credit, it’s a burden for the dealers but it will help the dealers if the rate can be reduced. I am asking the banks and oil companies to use their jurisdiction,” he said.

In Petaling Jaya, Petrol Dealers Association president Alang Zari said the various groups involved would work very hard towards resolving the issue.

“We are very happy that the Government is serious about it and will do something. We also received Datuk Shafie’s assurance that the problem will be solved,” he said after meeting Shafie.

:tongue:

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
zephyr3d said:
being a grad in business doen't make u a better businessman.. heh he hheh... and u're ? 20 yrs old?

anyway... relax la... u guys gotta still have to provide cc service as made known in the news yesterday. But anyhow, curiosity sake, if CC services does continue, do you have an option to opt out? just for your own station.. like... 'this station don't accept CC'?
zephyr3d,

20 years old? and in this bizz for 20 years?

opt out from providing c.card services? i bet our friend station will be the first to do that right? it's all about making more money, who the fcuk care about conveniences anyway.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
Crashvenom said:
zephyr3d,

20 years old? and in this bizz for 20 years?

opt out from providing c.card services? i bet our friend station will be the first to do that right? it's all about making more money, who the fcuk care about conveniences anyway.
yo crash,

heard u gotta a new car....

nyway, lets not get too hot here, i'm sure zoo and family has their fair share of prob wit the kiosk, but then again, therez always the other side of a coin...

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

iam nearly 20 years in this business....read carefully...

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

iam 24 years old...and invovle in the business with my family nearly 20 years...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
][zoohalee][vtec][ said:
iam 24 years old...and invovle in the business with my family nearly 20 years...
ohhhh..... so your family has been in that business for 20 years.. aijoh... hahaha. But well, technically, u ARE somewhat involved in that business for 24 yrs then. heh heh heh.

hey zoohalee, take it ez ok? there is always ways to earn things back in return... ways to make money changes according to the era or situation. A business technique 10 yrs ago, may not work in the current situation, so, it has to be tweaked to suit the situation.

sometimes, to let go a bit, will return more benifit than totally cutting things off. I'm sure u get what i mean. No return without investment. Many things don't run by the book. ;)

Last edited:

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Now it seems like some ppl do get the reasoning behind PDAM's plan to boycott the usage of CC cards at petrol stations, at some ppl doesn't. For those who doesn't know the full story, please refrain from making any comments here in this particular thread.

I forgot who made the comment that I was whining about my job. No, I'm not whining. I'm just stating some of the facts that regular ppl doesn't know. Most of us ( the "real" dealers, those who really worked for the best service for their customers ) actually do bend our back for our customers. Anyway, what I have "learned" and still "learning" is that, if I don't do my business the correct way, the money earned is not "halal", that's all.

I chose not to use CC because : I had one bfr, and I end up paying around RM 2 - 3k each month. I was spending unnecessarily because I know that when I don't have cash, I still have my CC to pay for it. That is why I closed up my CC account and got myself a cash/debit card to replace it, Visa Electron lah. Anyway, what I practiced in terms of money management ( what I learn from my old man ) is that if you don't have enough cash, don't buy it. Save up until you can afford to buy the particular product / services. Always manage your money, avoid from tying your bank account to loans or charges ( like CC lah ) that you don't need. The only loan under my name is my car, that's all. I can't afford to pay my car in cash like my old man lerr... Always carry enough cash for that particular day's need. For me, I don't find it a hassle to carry plenty of cash around. Most of my regular customers carry thousands in their pockets daily, and I did ask them why don't you use your credit card? Their answer was : Use credit card? No lah, only when I am abroad ... and most of these nice fellas drive cars like Ferrari Modena, Merc V8 Kompressor, M3, 6 Series coupe etc. If rich fellas can do it, why can't us? Keep a couple of CCs, but try to avoid using 'em, unless really necessary ( registering yourself into a private hospital, for example ) and try paying everything else using cash.

My opinion is that : if you want the convenience not to carry cash around, and replace 'em with CCs, you must bear the costs lah. Simple, since it's you who wanted the luxury to do so. I chose to use Visa Electron, and I'm paying certain charges for the luxury of using one, and I'm not complaining because I chose to do so. The only weakness of cash / debit cards is that it's not usable for Net purchases, this is where a normal CC would come into play..

The banks are the real culprit here, not us end users, not petrol station owners and not PDAM. They're making so much money, got so used to it, and now, they don't want to let go and share the burden the rest of us had to carry.

Some ZTHians are putting up comments that's pretty "fiery"... not a good idea lah guys, we are all under the same reasoning : we love cars! No need to put "fiery" comments lah...

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

to be detail...my family invovle in this business for 19 years edi...since 1986...how the hell that i been invovle for 24 years???...i dont really see where u going with this...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
but somehow or rather, u can't really blame the bank. Itz somehow root down to the user.. itz your choice to how you spend your $$ wot.

A Post Every 5 Mins

hye all, im just looking to share some infos on this car. huhu

anyway, this is my sister's car, and she always complains about it not having pick ups. any ideas sifus?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience