Thinking of buying a car from UK back to Msia with Student AP. But how?

Aug 25, 2011
Sarawak
Just found a second hand black edition nissan skyline gtr35 year 2007 for 30k pound, can anyone here tell me..what is the price that i had to pay for this car bring back to Malaysia? is someone here professional calculate these stuff, i know how to bring back cars from UK to Msia, those prosedure i quite clear, just the TAX i had to paid for this 5 year old car would be at least how much?

JEBON

500 RPM
May 4, 2005
Isit possible to get loan from bank for a car that was brought back by a student by using student AP?

In dis case de student already finished using it for mandatory 2 years?

If can get loan, roughly how much is de max loan cn go?

10Q for any replies.

zzuhairz

Jun 23, 2006
hello all.

i'm currently studying in newcastle, uk and i'm going back for good on september 2013.

i'm planning to purchase 2 vehicles as i got 2 Student APs (1 mine, another from a friend)

i'm planning to get a BMW for my mom, with model preferred is the 530i, followed by 525i - 520i - 330i - 325i - 320i; all depending on the amount of TAX i have to pay for it as the BMW prices for the model i mentioned is more or less the same (about 10k-15k; 2007/2008).

i believe the student AP entitles me to some tax exemption (is it Import Duty and/or Sales Tax, but not Excise Duty)?

may i know how much TOTAL tax i have to pay once i got the car here later next year?

i'm also planning to get myself a volkswagen scirocco (2.0), may i know how much the tax i have to pay for it if 1)2007, 2)2008 & 3) 2009 model?
i'm considering a new beetle (2012, 1.4) too but i heard if it's a new car the tax will be much higher. what will be tax i need to pay if i'm getting a 2012 beetle (1.4)?

i've tried the calculator here (eshop xplore) but the amount that come out is ridiculous (>RM300,000.00!!!)

thanks all!

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Correct me if Im wrong....

Cars brought in by STUDENT AP must be registered in the students name....

And cannot be resold / change name for at least 5 years.....:confused:

zzuhairz

Jun 23, 2006
have to be registered for at least 9 mths in the country of origin, once brought home cannot change name for 2 years.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Wah! Like this means can bring in quite new model cars!

Unlike commercial APs cars got to be 3 years old right?:confused:
any car u can afford....

but still there's some taxes u need to pay to get the car road legal here.. (albeit a bit cheaper than buying direct with grey importers) :adore:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Newer models definitely result in higher tax. I believe the engine size also is a factor, not to mention the car's category (luxury, sports, etc..). A good thumb rule is to prepare at least as much money as the cost of the car you bought to be allocated for tax, puspakom, various other charges.

I'm doubtful the tax for BMW 3/5 series ranges around 10-15k...it would be closer to 20+k I think (22k for a 2008 model like my friend did for a Toyota).

Remember to allocate funds for the shipping as well.

Lastly, all is cash of course.

Feb 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys! i know it's probably kinda late for me to ask, but i found this forum very informative and useful compare to the rest of web forum, may i know has the MITI changed the importing rules yet since it's 2014? I'm now in UK for another year and planning to get a car, maybe a European car? I'm new here btw. hope you guys can help based on ur experience. hope to hear from you guys soon. thanks

Mar 1, 2014
Portsmouth
Hey guys! Im in the same boat as him with the questions which i have read above. In my case, Its about the whole process of bringing my car back. Thought about it through and through. Going online doesnt help me much as i prefer to inquire personally at a desk office of all these government bodies. I understood all the process required of me. But one thing that goes through my mind is when one says that exercise duty which is discounted for students, does it mean from the original sale price of the car which which i bought the car whether if it is purchase from the second hand value i paid for or brand new price?

So my main core question is: Is my exercise duty for my car based on my second-hand value which i purchased?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

nth...just thinking is it posible to tint the car window with DIY?but actually how they do this?i mean the worker at the shop....i am planning to tint my car film...but dunno where is the best shop for reasonable price la....any one can help?or any DIYer here noe how to do this?thanks thanks thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience