The Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
The Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret

One would think I would have noticed the little secret on my dash that was staring me right in the face the whole time. I didn't and I bet you probably haven't either.

Quick question, what side of your car is your fuel tank? If you are anything like me, you probably can't remember right away. My solution is to uncomfortably stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look. If you don't do this in your own car you definetly have done it in a borrowed or rental car.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the gas station or put your neck at risk of uncomfort or injury.

If you look at your fuel guage, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo below). It is that simple!

Why don't the dealers share such importnant information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the drivers ed manual? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explantion can be that all these people probably don't even know!

Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

Image:

SakuraGuy
Zerotohundred.Com

Last edited:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
eh.. but mine fuel inlet on left car, but the icon is right hand side.. :hmmmm:

btw, if ur car exhaust on right side, usually the fuel inlet on left side and vice versa.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
sakuraguy, the info is incorrect. The handle of the gas pump on the icon does not indicate where the fuel filler is located.

musang

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
Nilai&Bangi
Hahahaha...

thefuel icon are only for proton... wahahahahahaha......

maxx ur car convert lah.....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Dun think it applicable for kancil though...will check later

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
at least proton got it right? :)

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
"Why don't the dealers share such importnant information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the drivers ed manual? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explantion can be that all these people probably don't even know!"

Bro I agree with you, thank's for this great and usefull info

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Oh, is that what that little icon on the dash signify. I had no idea it was referring to A fuel dispenser.

All this time, I thought it was an icon showing a Dalek scratching its head

Well silly me ;)

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Dis is all crap....D left side icon hav been photoshoped....if its real why would any car maker kept secret while its a valouble info in 1st place....Its oso proven wrong by my collegues...check out esp. Perodua cars n serena...Haha CRAP!!!

Last edited:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
in our cars, i think the manufacturer keep alot of things secret from us, the owners.

Like my car, it has built in digital speed meter in km/h or mile per hour, rev speed, O2 level, batt level, oil temp etc but it is not mentioned in the User Manual.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Well my old car only have a FUEL word there and no fuelling station picture. Does it mean if the word LEUF means i have the filling side on the other end? hehehe. No just joking Sakuraguy. Its very observant of u.