The Most Fuel Efficient Performance Car In The Local Market?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
anyway, jz watched top gear season 11 episode 1... now i understand what this topic meant... lolz..

yala, jz buy R8... dun buy ferrari...

sky7

Known Member
May 5, 2005
i've watch top gear too. m3 fuel consumption is better than prius at the same speed. but at that speed the prius is already all out.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i've watch top gear too. m3 fuel consumption is better than prius at the same speed. but at that speed the prius is already all out.
yea.... prius is only fuel saving at its moderate speed... if drive all out on prius, it relys mainly on fossil fuel... 4 pot engine with such huge body (MPV) will be reasonably thirsty...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Buying a RM200k-400k worth of sport car but need to save the RM2.70 - RM5 /L worth of fuel?

Last edited:

SubVerSiv

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Buying a RM200k-400k worth of sport car and making sure it's value won't plunge like a Fiat.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
think not just buying the car and the price tag. Do take in consideration of the maintenance cost, spare/replacement parts, services, road tax, insurance etc...

new bmw cars are not cheap to maintained. cannot service under cherry tree in Malaysia hor...

sky7

Known Member
May 5, 2005
it's not the car that really saves the fuel.

it's the driver.

sky7

Known Member
May 5, 2005
it's not the car that really saves the fuel.

it's the driver.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Evo X will b having a much better fuel consumption as compare to Evo IX, due to its fully Mivec Turbo cams!!!

For me, my E9 b4 mod, full tank can do 420km +/- for city drive!!! Now, onli abt 320km - 350km!!! If wanna to try save fuel, try to do shifting right b4 3k rpm for city drive!!! This is what am currently doing when the V-Power hit RM3.xx per Litre!!! Sigh!!!

Just my 2 cents!!!

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
you can get the best milage out of your own car by changing your driving habit....

u can have a hybrid car but if u are gonna pedal to the metal 100% of the time regardless of where u are...
heck even a blardy tank can have better milage....
:biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
you can get the best milage out of your own car by changing your driving habit....

u can have a hybrid car but if u are gonna pedal to the metal 100% of the time regardless of where u are...
heck even a blardy tank can have better milage....
:biggrin:
I watched a foreign clip that tested 4 small cars, including a toyota hybrid. But what happen to the hybrid in real life (you know how mat salleh drive car)? Worst than you thought.

I believe beside driving habits, the drivers should know the car more than just start-D-press fuel. That's why my rotary won't consume more fuel than my 1.8L 4 cylinders.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Fuel savings and power can coexist. Don't just look at petrol engines! Look at diesel. For the best fast and fuel saving car you can buy now has to be the BMW 530D. You haven't seen this thing go before. Serious shit.

Anyway every car manufacturer has almost used up all technical possibility to milk out power from every drop of fuel. You can actually have a rough history on how it has evolved.

Dual spark plugs
Injectors
5 valves
Intelligent injectors
Intelligent spark plug firing
Cam phasing
Cylinder switching
Water injection
Throttle body-less fuel delivery
And lately hydrogen introduction

For Diesel its even more remarkable
Higher compression for every engine release
Direct injection
Intelligent direct injection
Plasma cylinder walls!!! (This one look at the new GTR. But it is being used by the new Isuzu D-max since last year)

No matter evolved the petrol engine is, it does not have high torque for every drop used. Diesel does. So power and fuel savings can coexist. Those who say it cannot, are only exposed to a narrow scope of the technology and engines available.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just trying to help those who've been wanting that 1.8/1.8t/mivec 1.8/mivec 1.8t but can't do it because their car is 1.3..or have the $$$ to do it but no $$$ to pay runner...when asked why use runner? 1.3 cannot go 1.8 maa, so need to use runner so can got up to 1.8...
BULLSHIT!

unless u've got extra to spend and lazy to go do kawal selia and all...runner is the only person to call...

i've just settled off my inspection 1.3 to 1.8...i passed it with flying colours..hehe
things to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience