The Fatest Download Speed

wing

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Don't forget to seek a rebate. Mine is 1Mbps but initially, they will program it to 512Kbps. You would have to call to get them configured to 1Mbps. Even with that, my connection speed was only 300Kbps. After 2weeks of screwing TM, I decided to configure the the modem and got it running at 700Kbps. I tweak my PC further and I'm getting about 800Kbps.

Again, don't forget to ask for a rebate.

loafer

Jun 24, 2004
Hi guys,

There's a significant difference when it's KB and Kb. I myself am confused by it and not too sure but if you get 800KBps, you're essentially on a 10mbps line. (IT gods please correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, there's a new standard out for ADSL which is storming those countries with very developed broadband infrastructure. It's called ADSL2 / ADSL2+. Essentially it pushes the limits of the current copper technology to churn out a throughput of 12mbps (ADSL2) and 25mbps (ADSL2+). Australia and Singapore already has home user plans for both this standards (AUD160 odd for 24mbps).

So, let's just do a rough estimate of how long it'll take before we eventually get ADSL2 standards.

Year Event
2007 - TMNet introduces 2mbps home user plans
2008 - IT personnels in TMNet discovers the existance of ADSL2 / ADSL2+ while surfing on the internet
2009 - New standard for ADSL !! HURRAH !! ADSL3 / ADSL3+ with speeds of up to 54mbps
2010 - TMNet announces intention to upgrade to ADSL2 / No news on ADSL2+ standards
2012 - Klang Valley is first to receive ADSL2 / No News yet on ADSL2+ technology
2013 - ADSL3+ has been abolished and replaced with an even faster standard. Now called ADSLX for Assynmetrical Digital Subscriber Line Extreme. Supports speeds of up to 108mbps
2014 - Whole of Malaysia receives ADSL2 / No news yet on ADSL2+
2017 - TMNet finally announces the rollout of ADSL2+ technology for home users in Malaysia. Klang Valley to receive test participants
2020 - Vision achieved. Rollout of ADSL2+ technology for home users in Malaysia. Prime Minister applauds TMNet for helping achieve Vision 2020.

Last edited:

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
loafer said:
Hi guys,

There's a significant difference when it's KB and Kb. I myself am confused by it and not too sure but if you get 800KBps, you're essentially on a 10mbps line. (IT gods please correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, there's a new standard out for ADSL which is storming those countries with very developed broadband infrastructure. It's called ADSL2 / ADSL2+. Essentially it pushes the limits of the current copper technology to churn out a throughput of 12mbps (ADSL2) and 25mbps (ADSL2+). Australia and Singapore already has home user plans for both this standards (AUD160 odd for 24mbps).

So, let's just do a rough estimate of how long it'll take before we eventually get ADSL2 standards.

Year Event
2008 - IT personnels in TMNet discovers the existance of ADSL2 / ADSL2+ while surfing on the internet
2009 - New standard for ADSL !! HURRAH !! ADSL3 / ADSL3+ with speeds of up to 54mbps
2010 - TMNet announces intention to upgrade to ADSL2 / No news on ADSL2+ standards
2012 - Klang Valley is first to receive ADSL2 / No News yet on ADSL2+ technology
2013 - ADSL3+ has been abolished and replaced with an even faster standard. Now called ADSLX for Assynmetrical Digital Subscriber Line Extreme. Supports speeds of up to 108mbps
2017 - TMNet finally announces the rollout of ADSL2+ technology for home users in Malaysia. Klang Valley to receive test participants
2020 - Vision achieved. Rollout of ADSL2+ technology for home users in Malaysia. Prime Minister applauds TMNet for helping achieve Vision 2020.

WAH LAN YEH 10MegaBITs and 10 Megabtyes is a huge different man .... reminder bytes is bigger than bits ok ... like ... 1 byte ... 7 bits ... or 8 bits .. forgotten liao ... yr one com science shit ...

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
SataniC said:
this is the fastest ever downloading speed recorded by me last year.....right after i formatted my pc....ekekekkekekekekek
Hahahha this main tipu one. Using download accelerator with "resume support" when you pause and resume again you will get for the next 1-5 sec at high speed then after that will dropped back to normal speed....

Also your software is unregister version babe hahahah....can see the "advertistment" header hehehehe

loafer

Jun 24, 2004
zealless said:
WAH LAN YEH 10MegaBITs and 10 Megabtyes is a huge different man .... reminder bytes is bigger than bits ok ... like ... 1 byte ... 7 bits ... or 8 bits .. forgotten liao ... yr one com science shit ...
haha yeah i've forgotten mine too..that's why I'm unsure which is which...but yeah at least the idea is there...

anyway...ADSL2 would be the thing to look forward to...but first...we've gotto HOPE that tmnet cleans up their act...like real soon

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
I've been using the cheapest Streamyx package for 2 years already and all this while I hack my line to get 2.7Mbps, I can download 8 files at once. Each at 40Kbps or sometimes 60Kbps. If I download 1 file alone like windows media player installation file I get 300+Kbps :)

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
loafer said:
Hi guys,

Year Event
Have you heard of VDSL before? Very high bandwidth Digital Subscriber Line it reaches 54Mbps on copper cable and it's been around for years. The only limitation is distance. I think ADSL2 can go further distance that's why it's taking on.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
End of the day... it is our international links that is small and congested.

Jul 9, 2005
Malaysia
cyclonite said:
I've been using the cheapest Streamyx package for 2 years already and all this while I hack my line to get 2.7Mbps, I can download 8 files at once. Each at 40Kbps or sometimes 60Kbps. If I download 1 file alone like windows media player installation file I get 300+Kbps :)
if you using 1mbps package, you got 2.7mbps that's mean over 170%.... how you hack it?

loafer

Jun 24, 2004
cyclonite said:
Have you heard of VDSL before? Very high bandwidth Digital Subscriber Line it reaches 54Mbps on copper cable and it's been around for years. The only limitation is distance. I think ADSL2 can go further distance that's why it's taking on.
Yes, unfortunately VDSL works from a distance of 300m - 1500m only. Any further than that it'll stop dropping like mad. But it's still amazing...at max distance you'll still probably get something like 13Mbps or so. Still beats the hell outta 1Mbps.

cyclonite:
As for line hacking, not so sure how that works? Can it even be done? Care to share with us?
I personally think you're one of the lucky few who have gotten uncapped line thanks to some TMNet technician who forgot to do the proper setup at the DSLAM?

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
55784 said:
if you using 1mbps package, you got 2.7mbps that's mean over 170%.... how you hack it?
yea...care to share?ive subscribed to 1MBps but average is around 60Kbps...sigh.... ive called TM so damn many times..they ask me to try this n that, ask me to call this number n that number....still no use!!

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com

WAT THE FUK U SAYING ABOVE ...

OVERSEAS PEOPLES USING DISH! .... DAMN SUPER FAST .. TELEKOM WANT ACTION USING SUPER SNAIL STREAMYX .. DAMN! ... MY SISTER USING DISH AT HER HOME IN CALIFORNIA ... MALAYSIAN ARE PROUD OF NOTHING

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
sakuraguy said:

WAT THE FUK U SAYING ABOVE ...

OVERSEAS PEOPLES USING DISH! .... DAMN SUPER FAST .. TELEKOM WANT ACTION USING SUPER SNAIL STREAMYX .. DAMN! ... MY SISTER USING DISH AT HER HOME IN CALIFORNIA ... MALAYSIAN ARE PROUD OF NOTHING

common la, m'sia also got dish, if u can afford it ... juz that the cost of running it is too high ... dun compare a developing country with a developed country like america, i live in aust now, ADSL2 is rare and not stable ... dun say m'sia like nothing, in fact a lot of things in m'sia is better than OZ ...
japan's mobile phone also running 2Mb la ... so dun compare la .. ... japan can easily run 50Mb ...

ppl overseas already see m'sia as shit, as m'sian should be more united ... fucking oz keep commenting about asia ... fuc them ... stupid white cunt oz .. fucking racist ... what fucking pre emptive strike in asia ... bomb kao their parliment la ... stupid tikus looking john howard ....

gooooooOOOooo malaysia :rock:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience