The correct way of closing the bonet

simplythebest

I bet where most of you having the same problem where you don't know which is the proper way of closing the bonet.

Different mechanics with different opinions.

I was told to close the bonet by using both palm press it down slowly, but I was also told to lift the bonet up somewhere the height of a small ruler.

What say you? :tongue:

BlackSamurai

Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
STB, you shall lift the bonnet and leave it from a higher position. some cars with soft bonnet can't sustain palm size pressure.

fiber bonnet might have different story. Pin.

Lone Wolf 9039

Dec 1, 2005
Well the way depends on diffrent kind of cars. Like mine old Peugeot its better to close the bonnet slowly then press it down gentaly. But for some newer cars that have softer body shell like Kancil its better to drop it at a small gap like 5 finger distance. Just my 2 cents.

joshua963

Jan 17, 2006
absolutely... kancil bonet u press with ur palm.. can feel it goin in.. so it actually depends on the car i guess..

kyheng

May 20, 2005
seremban
My point of view this is subjective, as long as we don't close it hard then is not a problem. Like mine, as I have a minor accident on front of my car, so the bonet have to use hand to press in order to close it.

joshua963 said:
absolutely... kancil bonet u press with ur palm.. can feel it goin in.. so it actually depends on the car i guess..
same with myvi bonet..if you press with ur palm..forever also no need to close it.. cause its soft like tofu..

Cow

I prefer pressing it down as opposed to dropping it from a height..

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
yeah, me too, i prefer to press it down than drop it, been doing that for like ever since i can remember, cuz car older than me. but some of my mech drop them tho.. dun like the loud clank sound, cuz my bonet is heavy.

prozac

Jan 18, 2004
Quite a few times my mech tried to drop my CF bonnet. Damn funny they tried 5x also it just land on the latch and cannot close until I had to go and show them how.

BlackSamurai

Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Cow said:
I prefer pressing it down as opposed to dropping it from a height..
that's because yours is hard. :biggrin:

I did that (close the bonnet by pressing it) to Kancil when I help my lady friend to do a final inspection before, the salesman's reaction damn big, "Mr. Mr. Don't don't close the bonnet like that, you need to close like that (demo it by lifting the bonnet), if not bonnet kemet"

Hi guys! Wow i miss posting in ZTH.. Been lurking once awhile over the years, but have not posted in so long. Hope most veterans are still active around here. hehehe..

I have been a casual modder since i started modding , and only played with N/A so far.. Small mods only, exhausts, and even the highest mod for me is only a performance camshaft on my old car.. Never touched the engine or forced induction before.. I tried Googling about "what to know about turbo engines tranplants" , and...