Tender springs / helper spring

mao_3873

Known Member
May 4, 2008
Hi all.. as per topic.. anyone here know where can i get the tender spring? it is usually seen at tein hr.. a smaller springs to help damping the main spring for adjustable.. as shown in pic the black colour spring.. thank you~

Attachments

deng3882

Known Member
Jan 25, 2011
klang
owh.. how much u bought? its sold as a pair or as a sets of 4? tq~
i just bought two piece for the front..bought it at rm180..

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

is it universal? which mean.. any adjustable can be fit?
not sure whether is universal not..as i bought the helper spring which is from tein and im using tein adjustable oso..

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
if u looking for tender spring y not just change the whole spring to lower rate?after market adjustable spring cost rm180-200 per pair.

mao_3873

Known Member
May 4, 2008
looking for my friend.. his adjustable is 6k front & 4k rear.. he asked for lower rate springs from the shop he bought his adjustable.. but seems the shop advise & insist on saying 5k & 3K setup on the adjustable going to make the car like boat on the road.. so right now he is opting for tender spring to put abit more dampening on the main spring..

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
btw im using 5-3 setup on airtrek.stil in comfortzone but 20-30 firmer then normal.wont like boat,does the shop even know whats is he taking anot?if u nt taking ur ride to tracks,5-3 will b comfy.

mao_3873

Known Member
May 4, 2008
btw im using 5-3 setup on airtrek.stil in comfortzone but 20-30 firmer then normal.wont like boat,does the shop even know whats is he taking anot?if u nt taking ur ride to tracks,5-3 will b comfy.
i see.. coz from the way my friend told me the shop like scolded him or sumkind cause he asked them for odd match-up of spring rates with the shop stressing out 6k & 4k is already soft enough.. will try for tender/helper spring 1st.. if not to his satisfactory will go for lower spring rates.. btw.. thanks for the feedback~

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
i see.. coz from the way my friend told me the shop like scolded him or sumkind cause he asked them for odd match-up of spring rates with the shop stressing out 6k & 4k is already soft enough..
must be some dungu fella.. i bet he doesn't know what are the stock spring rates of the car.

anyway.. tender & helper springs are two different types, although they look similar. tender springs are softer than main springs & may help with low speed dampening. helper/assist springs are a lot softer and fully crushable when the tires are on the ground. helper springs will keep the main springs intact under full droop.

tender springs may help on height adjustable only. for body shift design, you don't one. like others have suggested, better use lower spring rates for more comfort. knowing the car and the stock spring rates also help to determine requires stiffness.