Tawau Merdeka Drag Race

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
Tawau Have Drag Race on 16 and 17 August.Someone Know that?i hear the Brunai Subaru 9 sec DragCar wan to challenge Tawau Mazda RX7 Savana DragCar....is that true?.....

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
Today,Tawau drag race,the Savana Rx 7 up the head about 1 feet,i think this is first time in malaysia.the 400m finish time is 10.14s.

pet_mivec

Jun 7, 2006
yeah sure...ringo make a new record with new tyre..i think the time is better if aspalt like sepang...here lot of batu² kecik:driver:

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
tawau most probably will organise a drag race in the end of this year. for those who are interested. pls be prepare and get ready for this upcoming event!:biggrin:

and for those who hv any suggestion or comment on previous tawau drag race, you can post ur suggestion n comment here! so we can hv small discussion at here!:listen:

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
Tawau And Sandakan using time counter System and christmas tree light system for Dragrace is good standard....i think just Sepang ,Pasir Gudang,Tawau and Sandakan have timing System like that from Malaysia.i don know la...maybe another dragrace have.can tell me? anybody know.
somebody say they time couter System is like stop watch.....:stupid:i don know why?maybe the guy never c the system.....:hmmmm:

alex5718

Known Member
Jun 9, 2008
sandakan bought whole counter,timer and software from sepang la~ now sepang using new 1 oredi..10.14s not an official time from ringo chung and 9.2s satria in sepang liao! thai's tube supra running 7.658s on last year souped up thailand record 2007...at least 5 cars doin 7s+ now..malaysian still long way to go zZZzzZ

Last edited:

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
bro alex...i don know who r u?r u mean all Malaysian still long way to go zzzz,axcept u...isn't it?:rolleyes:

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
sandakan bought whole counter,timer and software from sepang la~ now sepang using new 1 oredi..10.14s not an official time from ringo chung and 9.2s satria in sepang liao! thai's tube supra running 7.658s on last year souped up thailand record 2007...at least 5 cars doin 7s+ now..malaysian still long way to go zZZzzZ
but u guys just dunno those timing system bought from sepang just encounted some problem in that race days.....
:hmmmm:

Last edited:

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
of course we hope we can do it better to folllow those thai's car.....
but just the government for sabah just had not concern about this event...
so we have to run this program by ourself....and our budget is very limited....
so what to do...and dun have to compare to the Thai....
their race track is fully support by their goverment......
cheers ..just my 2 cents....:biggrin:

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
Bro Daihatsu Mira, u r right.:biggrin: somebody just know to critize other ppls event. they donno how hard is organising a dragrace event. its not a easy work. Like TMCS (Tawau Motorsport Club Sabah), they don hv any budget from goverment to support the event. Their members find all the sponsors themselves to help in the dragrace event.

y the sabah goverment didnt concern about this kind of events? because some of the ppls likes to race their car ilegally on the road... and until now, there are still hv many ppls donno about the benefit of this kind of motorsport.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
jay-- ehem... daihatsu mira is a SIS ... not bro...

actually ..... i feel... i mean i feel only lah... that the tawau drag strip is much longer in distance.. meaning to say its not an accurate 400m...

i wouldnt say sandakan strip is short..... because from the majority of the car that participate..... even at sepang.... the time is more aless around the area.... although some are fast and slow... but in the group the range of the timing is more aless the same.....

HOWever.... in TAWAU..... we ran all the shits out only to get into 12sec region.....any small mistake ,racers fall to the 13"sec easily.... to say the strip isnt grip, i dont tink so .... as i ran quite a number of races there and the strip is not that bad after all....and i dont have any complaint about the strip. MIRA will double confirm again after those commitee had perform a double check on the actual distance in tawau....

i noticed this after the borneo group went to sandakan drag recently and easily knocked off a sec from their tawau record.... everyone felt the strip is shorter.... and some felt its not even 400m..... but my rough guess, Tawau distance is further.

Dont need to compare those thai cars.... even we are given a 10sec car.... b4 the drag everyone need to practice and test run their car..... who got the balls to try those on the road...? i gerenty the balls will shrunk on the 3rd gear dude... and at the end of the day, we still clock crappy time even with a given meanest machine....

what we can do is just to do the best we can.... even those 12sec car.... to test run on the road is already damm blardy fast and clock 200km/h like peanut...so on my side.... i didnt complain much but felt bless instead that we got a strip to run LEGALLY

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
bro Rexun,actually i just knew that mira daihatsu is a woman.

thanks for your opinion on twu dragway.:biggrin: i hv no idea y many ppls thinks twu dragway is more than 400m? actually i m one of the commitee that participate in measuring the dragway. it is accurately 400m. because i had measure it at least 3 times.

bro, u r right. actually we also felt the same, sandakan dragway seems shorter than twu dragway. perhaps it is just only our false impression, may be it is the influence of the surroundings. is sandakan dragway acurately 400m too? :confused:this is only known by sandakan dragrace commitee.

many ppls like s to compare malaysia's drag race to other countries. actually it is not fair. because the dragway condition in malaysia is different with other countries. i hope goverment will built a REAL DRAGWAY for drag racing to give the chances to Malaysian and other foreigners to perform their records.

thank you for appreciating what the commitee did for the dragrace. we welcome u to come for the next upcoming events. :wavey:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
bro Rexun,actually i just knew that mira daihatsu is a woman.

thanks for your opinion on twu dragway.:biggrin: i hv no idea y many ppls thinks twu dragway is more than 400m? actually i m one of the commitee that participate in measuring the dragway. it is accurately 400m. because i had measure it at least 3 times.

bro, u r right. actually we also felt the same, sandakan dragway seems shorter than twu dragway. perhaps it is just only our false impression, may be it is the influence of the surroundings. is sandakan dragway acurately 400m too? :confused:this is only known by sandakan dragrace commitee.

many ppls like s to compare malaysia's drag race to other countries. actually it is not fair. because the dragway condition in malaysia is different with other countries. i hope goverment will built a REAL DRAGWAY for drag racing to give the chances to Malaysian and other foreigners to perform their records.

thank you for appreciating what the commitee did for the dragrace. we welcome u to come for the next upcoming events. :wavey:
of course you have to welcome me la.....:biggrin: i reported my self on every event since i came back to tawau on 2007.... i guess we knew each other or at least should have known if we are frm the same town with the same interest and lepak on the same ground during race..... only thing now is behind the nick its hard to even guess who is who.... :stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::biggrin:

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
actually it is good wen we can talk freely in here without knowing each other.. :aetsch:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The second part of Japfest '11, to be frank, this event is so huge, it's really hard for one person to cover everything. You have to be here yourself to know what I actually mean. But i figured, i'd just to snap whatever that i found interesting and experienced muscle strain the next day due to the physical stress just walking around the circuit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience