"No private programmes on eve of Merdeka day"

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Source:No private programmes on eve of Merdeka day

PUTRAJAYA: There will be no private sector-initiated programmes and activities on the eve of the 50th Merdeka celebration as "all eyes, ears, spirit and soul" should be on a major event that will be organised by the Government.

Culture, Arts and Heritage Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim said since this year's celebration was important and significant, the public should attend events organised by the Government so they could feel "the spirit of Merdeka in every sense of the word".

"We have a special event in store and we want Malaysians from all walks of life to participate. We do not want any deviation of attention from the main celebration because apart from the traditional countdown, we will have a ceremony depicting the eve of Merdeka 50 years ago, including the lowering of the Union Jack.

"I am sure the public will be interested to see the whole `drama' unfolded, alongside Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and other leaders," he told reporters after presenting cheques worth RM100,000 to state secretaries.

The money is to help states run programmes for the Merdeka celebrations.
Rais said several world leaders have been invited to attend the Aug 31 celebration, adding the final list, which might include Britain's Prince Andrew and the Duke of York, would be ready in a few weeks time.

"We have even invited several rulers and heads of states to attend the event," he said, adding the two-hour parade would feature the different era Malaysia went through under the previous and present Prime Ministers.
Muahahaha, are we now practicing communism? Muahahaha

PS: Pity all shopping centre whom spent money for firecraker import, event management, count down concert, 1 single instruction all went down to drain.

Not a good news for local artist as well since they can't make money for count down concert.

Sit at home and watch tv since don't allow you to celebrate privately.
And I know there are lot of people don't feel like celebrating (coz there is nothing much worth celebrate)

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Source:No private programmes on eve of Merdeka day

Muahahaha, are we now practicing communism? Muahahaha

PS: Pity all shopping centre whom spent money for firecraker import, event management, count down concert, 1 single instruction all went down to drain.

Not a good news for local artist as well since they can't make money for count down concert.

And I know there are lot of people don't feel like celebrating (coz there is nothing much worth celebrate)
U didnt know ??? out country is practising communism since b4.... look who is in the parliment.. majority... seriously not democratic...

Why should i go to goverment event on eve ??

Better i go mosque n pray for good luck bcoz 50 years of indepedents.... and also some stuff for our country to be good not under commi...

I have been sayin this in other websites "I live in commi land,"

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
what to celebrate?
to celebrate ministers' fortune by ripping off Rakyat's money by increasing tol rate and petrol price izit?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I guess tv programmes on that day will be focusing on the event too.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
This dr rais yatim... is he anak yatim ar? ghetto bastard ar? hahaha
Go listen to Naughty By Nature's rap song, Ghetto Bastard and y'all will know the meaning behind it. hahaha

Come on y'all. We don't need the stations to show private movies. Just go to GSC, then can liao. 50th merdeka? More like 50 years of bullshit crash down of malaysia into what I term as the biggest pig shit vortex. Who want to go coffee bean and hang out on the even of merdeka? Maybe I bring laptop and we all can watch movie from the laptop at coffee bean. hahaha Better yet, let's all go singapore on the eve of merdeka. buahahaha

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
wahahahahha MAT REMPITS HAPPPY BAI!

their time to SHINE!

who the hell will go to Dataran Merdeka la???
20 years ago or something ok la, but now?? fuck man.. i'd think twice or more before going there.

I think you all know the reasons why.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
quickly wrap up for 50 years man..i doubt we could live until a hundred years..

we mite turn into SingMaPurSia or ThaiMas or ThaiSia

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
samurai: run around naked with yr samurai sword la during the countdown at merdeka square..!
not a bad idea. Let's do it together and we can perform belly dance too.

My body paint with the wording "Visit" at the back, and "2 0" at the back side,
and yours paint with "Malaysia", and "0 7" at your back side. what do you think? :biggrin:

it's kind of funny, government complained about Malaysian not being patriotic in general, encourage Malaysian shall start celebrate National day by hanging Malaysia flag for a month at home and start giving away free mini Malaysia flag away at toll booth started few years ago. And Now? for me, they don't even qualify as politician, they are just jokers to raise their funny idea/instruction in the newspaper to entertain us (since we feed their salary), and the funny idea/instruction withdrawn later.

narx

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
The gov should just stop forcing ppl to go with their own will..

Clubs , mamak and cafe will be damn packed for sure since now, there is no other parties to attend to.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have you any bad experience buying a used car and finding the mileage meter (odometer) manipulated to give a much lower reading? Please share your experience. Is this a common problem in Malaysia? It is a common problem in Western countries with advanced technology. Are Malaysian Used Car sellers tech-savy enough to roll back odometers?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience