tachometer/rpm meter faulty

tOe

Dec 15, 2003
My Iswara 1.3 tachometer not function most of the time, stay at 0, but when high rev it shoot up all the way and stay at 6,500 r/m, drop back to 0 when decelerate.

any iswara owner experience this before? what is the solution? how much a new tacho (original) cost and where? no external tacho please. :ph34r:

hydrogenx

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
you may wanna try whacking the console or the top part of the dashboard above the meter...sometimes it works...cuz u know...protons, loose connection..thats all..

tOe

Dec 15, 2003
i whacked, if i keep doin that i goin to have a faulty hand as well. :ph34r:

May 11, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i whacked, if i keep doin that i goin to have a faulty hand as well. :ph34r:

A bit old thread, but same problem here.

Yes, I whack the front panel every now and then too, until my index and middle
fingers hurt.

When your tachometer goes out, do the three small indicator lights at the
bottom for handbrakes, charge and oil go out as well too ?

I had thought this must be a loose socket problem, so did my usual car aircon man,
most likely the positive or negative voltage supply lines.

When I tried nudging the socket a little when it is connected, the three lights do go
on and off.

So he dismantled the panel, and locating the tachometer's socket, used a long-nosed plier
to bend the pins a little, those in the male side of the socket at the rear of the PCB,
in an attempt to improve their seating in the female side.

Seemed to help for a few days, then same problem again.

I'm wondering if it is the PCB itself - maybe the etched connections have developed
hairline cracks from all the heat over the years, particularly in the positive and negative
voltage lines.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
check any loose wire/socket at distributor

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, Im looking for a steering wheel (not the regular one, but something like the performance type, eg: nardi, sparco) for my wira and I prefer to get the original one and not the fake one. Where can I get one and which model would u guys suggest to get? Thank you. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience