SV4 H22a

CD94

Apr 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
During running my car with H22a engine auto gearbox, and than brake to stop my car at traffic light, suddenly engine shutdown and dififcult to start back engine. What is the problem? Can anybody give advise? Need advice.TQ:confused::hmmmm:

CD94

Apr 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you bro for the reply..but anyway distributor already replaced new before suspect because of the distributor.... by the way vtec is function well. I noticed my engine will suddenly shutdown if running for time period about 1 hour without stop.. i'm thinking it is look like temperature sensor..but dun know which sensor. The funny is that,the shutdown did not give engine check lamp..this make confuse more..:confused:

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you bro for the reply..but anyway distributor already replaced new before suspect because of the distributor.... by the way vtec is function well. I noticed my engine will suddenly shutdown if running for time period about 1 hour without stop.. i'm thinking it is look like temperature sensor..but dun know which sensor. The funny is that,the shutdown did not give engine check lamp..this make confuse more..:confused:
mybe ur fuel pump,heat prob..sometime ok sometime not,since no any cel out right?

CD94

Apr 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you for reply..ok for this problem i need to open the tank which is below the back hood.. so it is many job to do this..is there any other possibility cause engine shutdown? TQ.. :rolleyes:

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
before the engine shut down, push from D to N and listen, is there any sound?

CD94

Apr 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
the engine will suddenly shutdown during braking time after engine running about 2-3hours without stop..the rpm will drop and shutdown..i alredy clean throttle valve inlet at intake emm looks better than before that after running about 1 hour than shutdown..i'm thinking need to replace fuel pump later..is it ok..?anyway may be there are other problems related?:smokin:tqs
Po

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
the engine will suddenly shutdown during braking time after engine running about 2-3hours without stop..the rpm will drop and shutdown..i alredy clean throttle valve inlet at intake emm looks better than before that after running about 1 hour than shutdown..i'm thinking need to replace fuel pump later..is it ok..?anyway may be there are other problems related?:smokin:tqs
Po
the culprit of the reason for my car is....

the " D shape" thing inside it, I got it replaced and the problem gone. Located at the gearbox.

Last edited:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
would the MAP sensor be a contender as well? my H22a punya MAP sensor a bit faulty. idle not smooth, and sometimes mati at traffic light. Both my H22a have experienced this

woodykids

Known Member
Jun 7, 2005
cheras
Looks like lots of money needed to fix all this. At least u guys situation wasn't as bad as mine like spun h22 engine bearing and dmg crankshaft.

CD94

Apr 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
For time being after clean throtle valve..inlet and outlet hole within the throtle valve.. looks ok no more shutdown..anyway still under monitoring.. solenoid also been checked.. solenoid is clean.. but looking foward to replace the gearoil later..sorry long time not in the forum.. :wavey:

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

just need advise..what gearoil suitable for H22A auto gear box ? is the gearbox have LSD ? Need advise..thanks..

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
the culprit of the reason for my car is....

the " D shape" thing inside it, I got it replaced and the problem gone. Located at the gearbox.
I had the same problem too, replaced the whole kuih shaped gadget above the gearbox & problem rectified!

Cannot climb Genting if like this kind of problem...

If you encounter it, open the bonnet cover, let the engine cool down for 20-30 minutes, then start can jalan again...

Some people dont know...

They call the tow truck,

Waste $$$:listen:

CD94

Apr 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Is this solenoid is at bottom of the auto gearbox?.. i just inspected the top portion solenoid at the auto h22A gearbox..look not same.. is it same for all aouto gearbox solenoid for H22A..?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bro's, few questions here.....

one) other than rev cut, wat else does an rsm can overide??

two) can air/fuel ratio be set in it??? if yes, whats the use of afc then??

three) can the a/f ratio set by ourself or must do at shop?? if yes, how much will it cost....

i thank you guys before hand, even if u just go through my post.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience