suspected!!

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
wat i heard from a fren of mine is those thieves can disable ur alarm system thru ur signal light...or even thru ur reverse sensor!!!OMG!!!
wat they did is they will use some device to short circiut/skru up ur all ur car fuse thru ur signal light. so ur alarm will be disable.

Is this true? :huh:
Last Valentines day i park my car at 1U. Later found out my car reverse sensor came off .....b4 that it was fitted in nicely...shit man...
i assume no one bang my car coz no scratches on my rear bumper paint.

I hope i just being too sensitive.. :(

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Prior to my cousin's GTi being stolen, he told me somebody tried to steal his front signal lights..but end up not leaving it hanging there...
Do u supposed that is a sign that they are testing your alarm system?

Shit man.. u better upgrade ur alarm system now!!

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
Originally posted by InitialD@Feb 17 2005, 16:39
Prior to my cousin's GTi being stolen, he told me somebody tried to steal his front signal lights..but end up not leaving it hanging there...

These idiots may not be aiming at your cousin's signal light bro.. Heard somewhere that they can unlock the bonnet or disable the alarm system by dismantling the signal light to get into some area

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
I also heard from my mechanic that Toyota Altis alarm system can be disabled by just removing the front signal light and just short circuit the wires.. :blink:

Need to change the stock alarm system to aftermarket ones I guess...

I

Indecided

nah. you just need to install fuses on all affected lights.

gogsard

Known Member
Nov 27, 2004
Originally posted by Indecided@Feb 18 2005, 00:11
nah. you just need to install fuses on all affected lights.
yeah good idea .. just install another fuse box at each light, reverse sensors or any electronics that is visible and reachable ....

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
just install the extra relay on ur light....cos they will break ur signal light and join the two wire together and when ur alarm will go ON..it short circuit ur car then the alarm die off....cos the fuse is burned.... try it before....

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by evo3@Feb 19 2005, 11:29
just install the extra relay on ur light....cos they will break ur signal light and join the two wire together and when ur alarm will go ON..it short circuit ur car then the alarm die off....cos the fuse is burned.... try it before....
Shit! Does this apply to all cars? What if I have state of the art immobilizer like Blackjack or Viper or Cheetah? If they managed to short ur circuit and burn the fuse, will it disable the immobilizer?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by hamsap+Feb 17 2005, 16:52 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hamsap @ Feb 17 2005, 16:52 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-InitialD@Feb 17 2005, 16:39

These idiots may not be aiming at your cousin's signal light bro.. Heard somewhere that they can unlock the bonnet or disable the alarm system by dismantling the signal light to get into some area [/b][/quote]
hamsap, that's what I thot too.. So I told him to beware..and to upgrade his alarm system or at least get a stoplock... sigh.. a few weeks later, his car got stolen for the 2nd time.

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
Originally posted by InitialD+Feb 20 2005, 00:32 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (InitialD @ Feb 20 2005, 00:32 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hamsap@Feb 17 2005, 16:52
<!--QuoteBegin-InitialD
@Feb 17 2005, 16:39

These idiots may not be aiming at your cousin's signal light bro.. Heard somewhere that they can unlock the bonnet or disable the alarm system by dismantling the signal light to get into some area
hamsap, that's what I thot too.. So I told him to beware..and to upgrade his alarm system or at least get a stoplock... sigh.. a few weeks later, his car got stolen for the 2nd time. [/b][/quote]
Initial D,

Feel so sorry for what happened to your cousin man..

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by InitialD+Feb 20 2005, 00:30 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (InitialD @ Feb 20 2005, 00:30 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-evo3@Feb 19 2005, 11:29
Shit! Does this apply to all cars? What if I have state of the art immobilizer like Blackjack or Viper or Cheetah? If they managed to short ur circuit and burn the fuse, will it disable the immobilizer? [/b][/quote]
yup...all car.... it is more dangerous if ur alarm light up the signal light .....

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
not ALL BRANDED alarms like clifford n viper r SURE SAFE......u have to make sure n know wat u r buying.....if u r buying just the basic model package, most probably the package does nto cover the so called STANDBY BACKUP fuse, so if u do not have any backup fuse, just 1 shock from the signal, n dats it......free for all :) unless u r having immobiliser then perhaps its difficult to drive your car off but surely they can be plucking all the goodies u have in your car.....as for the immobiliser, pls get the latest CODE button entering, such as blakjak from clifford, this is useful....heard cheetah cards has failed tremendously though :)

john kudin

Nov 22, 2003
www.kcarlife.com
Originally posted by speedking@Feb 17 2005, 16:12
wat i heard from a fren of mine is those thieves can disable ur alarm system thru ur signal light...or even thru ur reverse sensor!!!OMG!!!
wat they did is they will use some device to short circiut/skru up ur all ur car fuse thru ur signal light. so ur alarm will be disable.

Is this true?
Yup, its true, my dad's lexus kena twice, luckily he got this brake lock installed....

The first time he kena is at work... he stopped by for 10 mins to pick up some things at the office, it's in the afternoon.... when he come back to the car, the engine the door was not closed and the engine was running..... the the brake lock saved the car..... after that he went to the accessories shop to repair and replace the fuse..... the signal short already

the next day kena again..... the same method.... he cannot tahan already, and i went to my friend shop and ask him to help, im not sure what he did.. but then this time if they short the signal also no use.. it wont work

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
i heard there's a way we can put a suis to activate our fuel pump..
meaning.. we can switch on or off our fuel pump seperately and the suis can be hide anywhere in the car..
a thieft cannot start our car with the fuel pump switch off.. meaning no petrol pump in .. even our self lah... if we forgot to switch on..

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Originally posted by gibod_78@Feb 22 2005, 19:25
i heard there's a way we can put a suis to activate our fuel pump..
meaning.. we can switch on or off our fuel pump seperately and the suis can be hide anywhere in the car..
a thieft cannot start our car with the fuel pump switch off.. meaning no petrol pump in .. even our self lah... if we forgot to switch on..
yup. My friend did it and Im planning to do it too. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The tire war is officially over and Pirelli has been confirmed as Formula One's sole tire supplier in 2011. The FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) confirmed the deal today.

Bridgestone announced last year that it would leave F1 at the end of 2010, throwing open the prestigious position. Pirelli has been the favourite for some time but the decision needed to be ratified by the WMSC.

"Pirelli has been selected...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience