Subaru WRX questions

GiNgEr^fIsH

Known Member
Feb 16, 2004
Visit site
are they many 2 door WRXs around?? the GC8 ver5 models..
how much is it compared to the 4 doors WRXs..?

can anyone tell me the fuel consumption for those turbo models??
can those NA one be installed wif turbo kits??

anyone tried drifting in one b4?? beside ivan... n his red WRX... :D

lastly.. y is everyone selling their WRXs all of the sudden???

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
Well 2 doors WRX are mostly kinda "limited"... very hard to find around here. But easily can get from japan or aussie ((scooby freak))...

** Most of GC8 model in malaysia are version 2 or 3 and converted to version 5 or 6...

** Price different not so much between 2 and 4 doors i think...

** Fuel consumption depends on the ecu, tuning and what ever you running under your hood...
As for mine 60 liter last only to 235km and $10 = 35km

** From NA Scooby to turbo kits... not so sure... dont think so anybody done that before... usually people just get the whole engine and transplant it...

** Knowing from subaru research in US and Japan... they said the version 2 till version 5... the handeling of the car more like a rear wheel drive car... i got the artical at home... try to post it up sometime soon...

** about everybody selling their REX i'm not so sure....

Cheers...

GiNgEr^fIsH

Known Member
Feb 16, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by pebbells@Mar 1 2005, 00:26
Well 2 doors WRX are mostly kinda "limited"... very hard to find around here. But easily can get from japan or aussie ((scooby freak))...

** Most of GC8 model in malaysia are version 2 or 3 and converted to version 5 or 6...

** Price different not so much between 2 and 4 doors i think...

** Fuel consumption depends on the ecu, tuning and what ever you running under your hood...
As for mine 60 liter last only to 235km and $10 = 35km

** From NA Scooby to turbo kits... not so sure... dont think so anybody done that before... usually people just get the whole engine and transplant it...

** Knowing from subaru research in US and Japan... they said the version 2 till version 5... the handeling of the car more like a rear wheel drive car... i got the artical at home... try to post it up sometime soon...

** about everybody selling their REX i'm not so sure....

Cheers...
wow thanz.. nvr tot sumone would reply so soon...
i'll love to read the artical u haf on the WRXs..
Hope u can post it up soon..
btws.. ur not in msia now rite?? judgin by ur words.. seems like ur overseas..

anyways.. thanz again.. cheers.. :)

lotusgrey

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
na can be turbocharged, but will be like gti turbokit lor. the 1.6/2.0/2.5 NA is for the US market. then they will turbokit it. probably run ard 0.4-0.6bar boost lor. :)

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
Hehehe... me here la bro... local but stayed in aussie for 5 years back 2 years ago....

Andy Ng

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Puchong
so far my GC8C48D WRX (MY94) dun feel like RWD...not like FWD either...quite neutral, mild understeer actually...easy to drive and handle...predictable...friendly...

2-door GC8...only 2 in Malaysia i think...and one is my friend's...expect to pay like 20K more than the 4 door model...because rare and better handling...stiffer chassis...

i can get 320km out of RM58 of petrol...but i'm light footed...

why people selling...car is old after all...most of the ones for sale are the 1992 to 1996 models...9 to 13 years old...

many upgraded to the GDA/GDB, so people like me can have opportunity to own these old GC8...now only car i canthink off upgrading in the future is...another subaru...

maintenance...except for the nitty gritty usual stuff of old turbo cars, the car is very hardy...engine tahan lasak, chassis does not rust easily, parts are not super expensive (can get cheaper from Singapore)(cheaper than Evo parts)

the car also has a unique exhaust note, and has some kind of cult following...it is more than a car...it is like a way of life...

i'm happy to have the car...

GiNgEr^fIsH

Known Member
Feb 16, 2004
Visit site
thanz guys.. wat is the market price for those 2nd hand NA ones in msia now?
thinking of getting one.. but i need to learn more about it 1st.. hope u guys can help me out..

another question.. those NA ones.. are they 2.0 or 1.6 here in msia??
i juz love the sound of the scooby engine.. lolz

GiNgEr^fIsH

Known Member
Feb 16, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by pebbells@Mar 2 2005, 16:47
Hehehe... me here la bro... local but stayed in aussie for 5 years back 2 years ago....
wow.. dude. y didnt u get a PR n work there?? anyways.. wats ur ride now?? another scooby??

are they any scooby clubs in msia??

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
Me driving mixed up GC8 scooby bro.... naaa my parents force me to come back to malaysia after they know that PERTH v8 supercars team accept me for race car driver training..... hehehe....

They scared la something might happened la, this la, that la.... so better come home lo...

Yah there is scooby clubs in malaysia... check out our forum at mysubaruclub.com

GiNgEr^fIsH

Known Member
Feb 16, 2004
Visit site
mixed up?? why is it so?? monster engine inside?? cool..

wow.. v8 supercar team.. u must be good..
anyways.. mind posting a pic of ur car here?? thanz..

Andy Ng

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Puchong
Originally posted by GiNgEr^fIsH@Mar 2 2005, 19:34
thanz guys.. wat is the market price for those 2nd hand NA ones in msia now?
thinking of getting one.. but i need to learn more about it 1st.. hope u guys can help me out..

another question.. those NA ones.. are they 2.0 or 1.6 here in msia??
i juz love the sound of the scooby engine.. lolz
the NA ones in Malaysia so far i see only 1.6...

why you want 1.6? unless u wanna do a conversion...plonk in everything from STI half cut...make sure you get a AWD 1.6...

i suppose the 1.6 are very cheap...check out motor trader now and then lah...

GiNgEr^fIsH

Known Member
Feb 16, 2004
Visit site
wat is the price range?? those in motortrader are like turbo 1s rite??
yea.. im planning a AWD 1.6 NA...
scoobys come in FWD n AWD only rite??

lotusgrey

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
wah, another monster in the making!! i think will be difficult to get the 1.6na la. sumore awd. the fwd does not hv the tunnel for the driveshaft to the back rite?

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
hehehe not so monster la...

;) just a simple rex with mix up version of scooby parts in it thats all.... hehehe

Mostly all N/A scooby are 1.6liter for what i know.... Price range around 50k++...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
I'm not sure where to post this but I think most DIY members should know better.
I'm looking for this clip which hold Wira's rear number plate frame.
Anyone knows where to get them? I've tried spare part shops and they don't have it.
Where else could I get hold of this? Thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience