Straight-liners gear up for Drag Battle at Sepang this Saturday

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The country’s premier drag event, the Sepang Drag Battle, kicks off for its seventh edition this Saturday, 19 March, with five rounds on the cards for the year with five classes of competition that includes two catering for street legal machines.

Entry fees for each round is RM250 but competitors that sign up for the full five rounds will enjoy a 20 per cent discount and only be charged RM1,000. Alternatively, competitors may also join on a round by round basis. As in the previous rounds, cash prizes will be on offer not just for the top overall finishers but also for the winners in each round.

The event is sanctioned by the Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) and will be contested on a 405-meter marked stretch on the Sepang International Circuit’s front straight. Sepang Drag Battle is hugely popular with the local workshops as it offers a very grassroots platform for them to showcase their technical know-how.

Of the five classes open to competitors, Class A,B,C and D are under the management of SIC itself while the fifth class, that is open to street legal cars with VTEC and non-VTEC engines, is run by Avatech Motorsports, a private company.

Class D is also open to street legal cars but is limited to turbo-charged, front-wheel drive machines with a displacement not over 2,000cc.

Naturally aspirated cars with engine displacements not exceeding 2,000cc will compete in Class C while Class B is for two wheel drive cars with no limit on engine capacity but with limited forced induction.

Limited forced induction means that the cars can either be turbocharged, supercharged or running nitrous oxide. Therefore, only one of those options can be run on the cars competing in Class B.

Class A is the pinnacle of drag racing, an open class with no-holds barred, all-in drag racing with no limit on engine displacement, minimum weight and forced induction.

Ticket prices for the 2011 season are priced at RM10 for the main grandstand and RM50 for paddock and pitlane access. Parking fees for cars will be RM5 and motorcycles will be charged RM2.

Sepang Drag Battle race calendar:

Round1: 19 March

Round 2: 7 May

Round 3: 16 July

Round 4: 10 September

Round 5: 19 November

kabox87

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
fun2...
will be there...

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

fun2...
will be there...

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
Sorry for noob q.. But wat time does the event normally start?

Realkinki

Known Member
Jul 29, 2008
Wow.... will be there... tebaboo...
Round 1... hope that night not raining...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Unfortunately for me, I somehow corrupted some of my photos and need to retake the brake bleeding process so that'll be done in part #3 of the 'how to improve braking performance' series.

But for now I'd like to discuss this particular modification that I had done - Steel Braided Hoses.

The original OEM brake hose is made of a special rubber compound that's able to withstand the 1000psi (probably less...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience