Steering rack bush??

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Guys,

any one of you replaced this part before? Apparently mine is giving way, hence now my steering got some freeplay and alignment won't stay no matter how many times I send it for alignment.

I called Mr.Lee up and he said he doesn't stock this part as it is a part which hardly needs replacing :(

he said the hyundai in Glenmarie would have, but before that I thought I'd check around here first..:wavey:

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Daniel,

no wor, i thought might as well buy new ones cause they don't cost much..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Gerald , if u go shah alam, can you help me to buy my boot lock for me?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Daniel,

no wor, i thought might as well buy new ones cause they don't cost much..
Gerald,
how much does a new one roughly cost?
Saw you in this year Super GT promo video.
When was this short interview took place?
Going for the race again this year?

Last edited:

ArchDyeu

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
teenexe.blogspot.com
Awesome, i've been meaning to post up on this for a while now. Thanks alot Cow for starting a thread.

Mine has given way as well, and i only knew about this after my mechanic told me about it before i left for my assignment. Can you believe the tyre shop guys in sunway told me its because of the Spacer, my on-wheel balancing may not be perfect, and the steering will still shake on high speed.

I actually wanted to ask Sim's help to ask about this to Mr. Lee, thanks for saving me the trouble Cow.

If you can source this part, i'd like to get one as well. I was meaning to discuss this, would it be better to get a whole set, from the steering shaft to the pinion to the rack, or jus replacing the bush would be sufficient?

Spit know about my front wheel's problem, everytime U-turn, sure got noise. I want to change the whole set of that too, from the left tyre to the right, so i'd be good to change all at the same time, a complete from the steering to the arms.

Can i ask for a favour Cow, can you help me ask Mr. Lee about the complete front wheel set of arms, and how much i'd cost. If more of us wants the steering bush (of the complete set), will he bring those in?

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Gerald,
how much does a new one roughly cost?
Saw you in this year Super GT promo video.
When was this short interview took place?
Going for the race again this year?
HAHAHA bro, you high on weed or something ah? what interview???:hmmmm:

Awesome, i've been meaning to post up on this for a while now. Thanks alot Cow for starting a thread.

Mine has given way as well, and i only knew about this after my mechanic told me about it before i left for my assignment. Can you believe the tyre shop guys in sunway told me its because of the Spacer, my on-wheel balancing may not be perfect, and the steering will still shake on high speed.

I actually wanted to ask Sim's help to ask about this to Mr. Lee, thanks for saving me the trouble Cow.

If you can source this part, i'd like to get one as well. I was meaning to discuss this, would it be better to get a whole set, from the steering shaft to the pinion to the rack, or jus replacing the bush would be sufficient?

Spit know about my front wheel's problem, everytime U-turn, sure got noise. I want to change the whole set of that too, from the left tyre to the right, so i'd be good to change all at the same time, a complete from the steering to the arms.

Can i ask for a favour Cow, can you help me ask Mr. Lee about the complete front wheel set of arms, and how much i'd cost. If more of us wants the steering bush (of the complete set), will he bring those in?
wah bro, you want the entire steering rack assembly ah? Got a feeling that is going to cost a bomb man. But can try asking lah... as for the bushings, according to Mr.Lee, it costs like RM30 or something like that for each. Need 2 I think?? not very sure.

Anyway, still looking :P been procrastinating alot lately.. :P

ArchDyeu

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
teenexe.blogspot.com
You think so? How big of a bomb do you think it'll be?

But anycase, i think its a good idea to change the whole rack for a 10year old car, unless one advises otherwise.......

No worries bro, let me know when you know, thats cool........

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Dyeu,
the drive shafts alone already cost a bomb.
I did ask Mr. Lee about the price for a new set of drive shaft recently.
He said it will cost more than RM1k for one side of the drive shaft alone.
Advice given by Mr. Lee is to repair or maintain your current drive shafts are more than sufficient to keep going.
Anyway, I'm going to change all the bushings for my car suspension later.
Haven't buy those bushings yet.
Anyone here would like to change their bushings too?
Maybe can get it cheaper from Mr. Lee if we make bulk purchase.

alangbudi

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
What is the price for all the bushing?

ArchDyeu

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
teenexe.blogspot.com
I already did my bushings when i changed my to Titan's, but i will be changing my backs as well once i get back though.

So Mr Lee advise that huh.... I was thinking of buying the parts from Mr Lee though, to get it cheaper than market price that my foreman gets it in. I guess if this is the case then i better come back, check what can be replaced and then go buy those.

But the steering bush is somethin i need to get as well, so if i'm gonna be changing parts, then count me in for parts that anyone plans to get.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Dyeu,
the drive shafts alone already cost a bomb.
I did ask Mr. Lee about the price for a new set of drive shaft recently.
He said it will cost more than RM1k for one side of the drive shaft alone.
Advice given by Mr. Lee is to repair or maintain your current drive shafts are more than sufficient to keep going.
Anyway, I'm going to change all the bushings for my car suspension later.
Haven't buy those bushings yet.
Anyone here would like to change their bushings too?
Maybe can get it cheaper from Mr. Lee if we make bulk purchase.
bro, you changing your suspension bushings to PU ones ah? or new stock rubber ones?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
alangbudi,
those bushings range from RM15 to RM50 depending on which bush you wanna change.
The lower arm has a big and small bush plus ball joint.
Then there are the tie rod end and also the "casket" bush.

Dyeu,
so when are you coming back for spare parts shopping spree?

Cow,
I'm going for the new stock rubber one.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i read some articles bout someone having it in the car

can I ask what does it actually mean ?
it will switch off the battery so that the car won't turn on if not on ?

if so , i think it is quite useful for preventing theft ?
coz it can make the car unstartable ?

anyone know how to DIY one ?
or just get one installed ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience