starter relay

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by cyclonite@Mar 2 2005, 19:54
The thick red wire to your starter is a direct connection to your battery la. That wire can take up to 200-300amps hehhehe. don't cut that. or else you're dead.

30A Relay should be ok la. As for your fuse, 15A might not be enough ler. it will burn one day. but if it does you can safely bypass it just to start your car.
Thick red wire direct from battery to starter? What you meant? Original Putras and Wiras has got no red wire direct from battery to starter. You mean the thick red wires that are used to power amps? I guess maybe someone already put in a relay for ur car so that's why you have the thick red wire there. But anyhow, car's battery is DC and even if cut, it won't even give u a tickle :P 30A fuse is too high, u might damage ur starter motor that way...

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
u did a good job man!!!!!
save RM40 and can take us to TT
no lah i got no contribution!
anyway i also plan to do it because i also need to turn few times to start my old junk!!!!

who know the location for the black wire connected to starter motor?????for my wira carburetor???
same as ur injection near that area???
the wire is from connceted horizontally or vertically to the location??

how tick the cable we need to used?????
very big like 4 gauge???
or normal like wire inside the normal cable in our house???
(that one got 3 wires in one cable - green, black and yellow)

and last question

where to put the relay???hang it on the air??? :huh:
tie it on firewall??? :huh:

thanks alot

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by badguy@Mar 4 2005, 16:27
u did a good job man!!!!!
save RM40 and can take us to TT
no lah i got no contribution!
anyway i also plan to do it because i also need to turn few times to start my old junk!!!!

who know the location for the black wire connected to starter motor?????for my wira carburetor???
same as ur injection near that area???
the wire is from connceted horizontally or vertically to the location??

how tick the cable we need to used?????
very big like 4 gauge???
or normal like wire inside the normal cable in our house???
(that one got 3 wires in one cable - green, black and yellow)

and last question

where to put the relay???hang it on the air??? :huh:
tie it on firewall??? :huh:

thanks alot
The starter motor for ur carburetor Wira should be located around the same place of my pic. The wire should be horizontally, from left to right looking at the pic.

I would recommend that you use thicker wires for the connection from the bat to the starter motor. You can buy them from electronics shops everywhere. You can opt for the thick red kind that is used to power amps for ICE, but it can be really hard to connect so thick a wire to the fuse and relay and starter motor. So i think just get a slightly thicker one but not as thick as the red wire for amp. Don't get those for the house kind (with 3 cores inside), you just need 1 core wires.

You can hang the relay just beside the battery (not advisable as it shows car thieves where the wire to the starter motor is located, so with that wire they can hot wire your car easily). Try your best to hide the wire around the firewall. You can hang the relay on the firewall itself, but it is a tight squeeze. I hung my relay near the air filter on the body of the car.

jigc

Known Member
Jan 30, 2005
damn!
i've been searching where is the starter relay of wira for my starter killer immobiliser.
there is none!

one question: the wire color from ignition key to starter is black/yellow, rite?

btw. thanx for the info!

jigc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ol0IaC5lf3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EA France has posted a trailer ahead of its American HQ friends and showed off one heck of a car chase. Need for Speed The Run, will be out in stores on November 2011. Can't wait to have a copy of the game, it look's like fun and I wonder if we could fall off into the cliff like that Pagani in the video. Check out the awesome video.

Source : EA France
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience