Starter problem...need help

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
hi..
it happened this morning. try about few times to start the car, heard the 'click' sound and the last twist succeed but took about 3 seconds before the starter kick in. after that, the starter wont turn off even i turn off the engine and pull out the key.

the starter keep running even without key inserted. less than 1 minute, my battery gone.

call a friend, pick me up..go to work.

just now, came back from work. removed the starter relay (thought the relay was the culprit) and jumped with my friend's car. the moment we connected the jumper, the starter run. the jumper cable became hot..(saw some smoke) :itsme:
-key was not inserted
-relay checked with multimeter..seems ok.

conclusion1-starter relay is not the culprit.

now im clueless...

something wrong on the wiring? other relay?switch?

please help.. thank you

(im in pasir gudang, johor)

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
guys,

problem settled.
called the insurance company (etiqa) to ask for towing my car to workshop. but they send the technician to check first.

technician came and install new battery. then the starter straight away running.(still problem). then he checked on the ignition key harness. touch2 sikit..then try again, everything work fine.. :hmmmm: magic hand maybe?

conclusion: maybe poor contacts on ignition key switch. -i sprayed some contact cleaner.
loses: RM150 for new battery.(wet type)

lucky i called insurance company. so no need to pay for towing fees to workshop which later might cut my neck even more.

cheers.

Altezza33

Known Member
Nov 8, 2009
johor
guys,

problem settled.
called the insurance company (etiqa) to ask for towing my car to workshop. but they send the technician to check first.

technician came and install new battery. then the starter straight away running.(still problem). then he checked on the ignition key harness. touch2 sikit..then try again, everything work fine.. :hmmmm: magic hand maybe?

conclusion: maybe poor contacts on ignition key switch. -i sprayed some contact cleaner.
loses: RM150 for new battery.(wet type)

lucky i called insurance company. so no need to pay for towing fees to workshop which later might cut my neck even more.

cheers.
good to hear that your problem solved.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanna post this..

Just in case some of u didn't know about this..

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Maaf Zahir Batin

Drive safely :wink:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience