SSO 3dot5 Batu Kawan

dzal_a

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
ninja_iga said:
aiyooooo

my trip to Ipoh so famous aR?
LOL

it's not too bad :) got to revisit some areas i was growing up in some 11-12 years ago!
so much has changed, yet some of the old landmarks are still there..
haa....lost in ipoh ka kawan...???....ayyoo...why u dont tell me....??

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Vern,
You should be a motorsports editor, hahaha. So, those were stage 2 cams you were running. I thought your car sounded different, actually a little like the white SSO Satria that Khaidi was driving, minus the straight cut gears.

Ninja,
So, when u getting ur R3? :tongue:

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
dzal_a

hahaha it's wasn't THAT bad! LOL
but still we needed directions to go eat.. hunger makes you very bluR wan. hehe

KillerB
not anytime soon, haha
me no money le. LOL
restoring the SLK to Kancil is a financial burden LOLOLOL

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
KillerB said:
Vern,
You should be a motorsports editor, hahaha. So, those were stage 2 cams you were running. I thought your car sounded different, actually a little like the white SSO Satria that Khaidi was driving, minus the straight cut gears.

Ninja,
So, when u getting ur R3? :tongue:
Motorsports editor eh? Heheh. No la. Not technical enough.

Yeah they were Stage 2 cams, but Stage 1 driver, so got Stage 1 times! I should come practice with you, bro. Some practice, any practice is good! IF not how to compete with mighty KillerB! Anyways congrats!

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Vern,

I noticed you mentioned in your write up that you have LSD.

May I know if it is 2 way type or 1 way type?

How much does it cost?

Does it fit my standard 1.6 gearbox?

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
julianpang said:
Vern,

I noticed you mentioned in your write up that you have LSD.

May I know if it is 2 way type or 1 way type?

How much does it cost?

Does it fit my standard 1.6 gearbox?
Hey jul,

It's not a real LSD per se. It's the Powerzone LSD kit. Spring-loaded device that locks the gearbox basically. But because of how it was designed (PZ improved the original Phantom Grip device that it is based on), it acts like a 1.5 way. It costs something like RM600++ including installation. Helps with launch and everyday driving.

But Stan and I found it too 'soft' for autocross. Hunting for a MIVEC LSD gearbox in the meantime.

My advice is go for the real deal. Since you do a lot of competitive autocrossing. You get what you pay for I guess. :)

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Crash said:
Hey jul,

It's not a real LSD per se. It's the Powerzone LSD kit. Spring-loaded device that locks the gearbox basically. But because of how it was designed (PZ improved the original Phantom Grip device that it is based on), it acts like a 1.5 way. It costs something like RM600++ including installation. Helps with launch and everyday driving.

But Stan and I found it too 'soft' for autocross. Hunting for a MIVEC LSD gearbox in the meantime.

My advice is go for the real deal. Since you do a lot of competitive autocrossing. You get what you pay for I guess. :)
Even though "too soft", did it help you on your timing?

When you turn your streering full lock, did it give you the "klak klak klak" sound?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Julian

yes, it did help with timing and definately helped some on the twisty bits + handbrake turns +drift etc.

wasn't as agressive as i'd want it to be tho.. but heck, it's cheap and cheerful! way better than nothing. (PS: of course we got special price la, my sponsors ma)

verdict: very good for road use. feels natural
autocross? not enough! (suprisingly my SLK felt GREAT with it)

nope, no klak klak. quiet only :)

dzal_a

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
ninja_iga said:
dzal_a

hahaha it's wasn't THAT bad! LOL
but still we needed directions to go eat.. hunger makes you very bluR wan. hehe
nextime when u come down to ipoh...call me la.....we can go yam cha together...hehehe :tee: :wink:

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
during race day,

i actually MC² (mong cha cha) forgot to put on my contact lens(so i can wear my full face helmet)
and TOTALLY forgot to bring with me, my helmet bag, that contains my racing suit, shoes and helmet.
*&#$@%$#%#$%# !!!!

and there i was, dressed in shorts, and sandals!

luckily for me, prozac saved my ass by rushing back to the hotel and got my bag in time for my 2nd run.. (first run was timed, i missed practise!)

for my 1st run (timed) i had to beg Khaidi to lend me his racing suit! (thank god he's very nice) and luckily i had spare shoes and helmet... LOL

what a rush! (literally!)