Sr20ve rebuilt, overhaul

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Exactly what i meant, you said the quoted factory spec is 204hp. Normally factory quoted spec is not whp but bhp (at the flywheel).
Yeah i know. So minus 20% lost i should get around 16+ whp. But then my car is not stock anymore...so should get more ponies i think. Have a piggyback, fuel pump upgradeds and trottle body.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I went to consult a mechanic to get some advice. He told me most probably my pistons rings are worn, but might not need to rebore and change the pistons. Anyway he asked for 2 days for him to search for all the parts availability such as pistons and rings before he can began overhauling me engine. Anyone got a sr20ve overhauling experience? If he can't find the parts, I might need to source it myself.

most of the time the case is stuck piston ring.... which overhaul+remove piston and just replace new ring....no rebore and no piston replacement...

as for cost and other part like valve seal also need to do... this need to ask your local preferred mech to price quotation...

Reactions: kayour

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

WTA, which combination of absorbers and sport springs would be best for street use? i know most of u would change to adjustables, but IMO i think that it wud be too hard for regular everyday use.
opinions?
:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience