Speeder's Nightmare: Brabus CLS Rocket police car

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur

Speeder's Nightmare: Brabus CLS Rocket police car

Posted Nov 16th 2006 3:02PM by Alex Nunez

Last year, the German Federal Traffic Ministry and the Association of German Automobile Tuners (VDAT) created the Tune It Safe! program, the goal of which is to encourage drivers to adopt safe and legal tuning practices (and presumably have them employ established German tuning firms to do so). To highlight the program, TechArt created a Porsche 911 Carrera S police car for the Essen Motor Show, where it would be displayed as the world's fastest police car.

With the Essen show coming up again next month, Tune It Safe! had to follow up the TechArt Porsche with something equally impressive, and turned to another well-known supertuner from Deutschland -- Brabus -- for the assist. The result, as you'd expect, is far from disappointing.

Sporting full police livery in the Tune It Safe! booth this year will be one of Brabus' jaw-droppingly powerful CLS V12 S Rocket sedans. With 730 twin-turbocharged horses :retarded: stampeding under its hood, the Rocket lives up to its moniker with a 225.19 mph top speed :shocked: .

God forbid you should ever see one of these things materialize in your rearview with its gumballs flashing, because outrunning it is not on your list of options.

(Additional photos after the jump)

[Source: Brabus via Autoblog.nl]

BRABUS "TUNE IT SAFE!" CLS V12 S ROCKET:

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
oh my god................. that one hell of a police car.... 730 bhp... that's awesome...

225.19mph is around 360km/h. my god.... i can go up kl in 1 hour.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
european police has fine taste lol , using such marques to promote safe tuning/driving.id belive the UK police did a murcielago cop car version , shown in this years gumball startoff point also , to promote safe driving.

probably wont make it to the autobahn anyways seeing this being a showcar only lol

drMpower

May 1, 2006
you see..in Germany they got it - a program where the tuning is legalised. that's what our JPJ and MOT should do here..

btw, this CLS will EAT those petrolheads bagging their WiraEvo or WajaEvo or perhaps some M5 or VTEC bigdicks!

i'm sorry mate

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
man..i have read a review of that in the EVO magazine..shit..it gave me goosebumps...it owns ferrari and lambos...and even the zonda..

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I prefer to have one of those minus those blue polizei stickers and the flashy light on the car roof. :)

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Mercedes are suitable for many purposes.
Normally ppl use it as a wedding car and not to mention, hearse.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
So the police is saying to illegal street racers, not only can we(the police) totally own your sorry ass car on the road..but we'll beat your ass down afterwards too.

Legend Speedy

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
Visit site
omg... tats crazy man.... 730hp....
i oso wana b cop man... havin such a nice ride to drive...
but y dun malaysia cops hav such cops ride???
juz usin those lousy waja n so on.... cheapp...

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Legend Speedy said:
omg... tats crazy man.... 730hp....
i oso wana b cop man... havin such a nice ride to drive...
but y dun malaysia cops hav such cops ride???
juz usin those lousy waja n so on.... cheapp...
its just to promote road satefy..they dont actually go out and bust people in it. But I''m sure most ppl wont mind being busted by that lol

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
:adore: long live german automobile engineering !!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Anyone has any idea how the insurance coverage is going to be if we do a auto->manual or manual->auto conversion to the transmission?

My auto box is giving me a headache so I was thinking of a replacement with a manual gearbox.
I know the re-sell value is going to be bad if I do that but my major concern is insurance.
The insurance policy stated chasis and engine number but I didn't find gearbox number on it. :hmmmm:
Anyone has this kind of experience before?
Please share...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience