Soon No More Protons in SG........

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
All thanks to our PAP regime here.... They just cut cat A COE by over 30%.......

I guess not only Protons but even some Jap/Korean brands will likely disappear from SG soon....

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Interesting. please elaborate....
Latest news is that there will be over 30% cut in COE for cars that are below 1600CC. One piece of stupid paper to own a car for 10yrs already cost almost $60K..... This cut is definitely going to push the price further north. $80K for a piece of paper anyone? This means even a Proton SAGA will easily cost well over $100K in Singapore..... Thats over RM240K......... Madness. Exora is going to be even more expensive.

Thanks to high COE prices, sales of all non European brands have plummet massively. Some brands even sell less than 5 cars in a month..... Top selling cars in SG are now Mercedes C180 and BMW 116i......This is ridiculous.

This is why Proton and many other brands may just disappear from SG altogether....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think he means that the COE "validity time" was cut :hmmmm:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
i think he means that the COE "validity time" was cut :hmmmm:
No lar, it means the the number of COE available was cut by 30%..... This reduction will mean that price will shoot up. Jap brands are already struggling due to cut in COE, let alone Proton. Unless Proton seriously don't mind losing $$$ every month in SG, it makes no sense to sell Proton cars in SG anymore.

Even if they don't mind, getting buyers is another question. A 1.3L Proton SAGA cost SGD100K already.....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
their intention is to reduce car n pollution in the island...soon all will be cycling....more enviromental friendly and healthy

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
the PAP says because got too many cars on the road already so must cut.

but it is also due to rich families having so many cars in one family! They can afford to bid for high COE also.:smokin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
$73K for a piece of paper to own a car for 10yrs...... PAP screws pple to the MAX.....I want to move to JB to live.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
$73K for a piece of paper to own a car for 10yrs...... PAP screws pple to the MAX.....I want to move to JB to live.
I guess Malaysians are much luckier not having to deal with all these nonsense. But yet they still complain car price here is too expensive... :rolleyes:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I guess Malaysians are much luckier not having to deal with all these nonsense. But yet they still complain car price here is too expensive... :rolleyes:
Comparatively with other nations, cars in Malaysia is quite expensive!

Even without COE, they are expensive because of too many gedebak gedebook taxes...:banghead:

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
come to JB, try to jog in the morning....you might end up in hospital. Driving in highway, AES will rob you, driving in small road, you might end up someone bang your car and rob your car. Then without car you wish to take public transport, end up walking few KM just to reach your home due to poor coverage.......welcome

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
But on the plus side, its good news for us Malaysian drivers then....less Singaporeans driving into Malaysia & hogging the highways & beaming everybody to move over for them....:rofl:...in Singapore you drive very courteous, come in to Malaysia highway....you think its a top speed test track...

Also less Singaporeans siphoning our subsidized fuel...:biggrin:

But to be fair... not all Singaporeans are like that.....just most of them...haha

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,

I really need some advice on what to do here. I'm currently driving a 1.5 Wira 2001, currently has done 86,000km. Problem is that the engine seems to be consuming engine oil. My last service is only like 3,500km and the level from the dip stick has shown a drop of half level i.e. Original=3/4 of dip stick; Now = 1/4 of Dip Stick. My exhaust doesn't show any smoke to indicate oil consumption even if the engine was revved at stationary (funny though).

My mechanic told me to do a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience