SONY Xplod Product Good? Not GOOD?...

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
hi there all im so curious around hearing people saying that the sony XPLOD HU and other speaker products are not as good as other brand? was it true?

i havent got a plan to buy a HU yet but my Aim was to buy a SONY XPLOD HU (MEX-R1) is this model good>? i heard alot of people saying that got problem after a while using it? was it true?

people say sony product is not that good.....
time alignment not accurate.... sound not clear....alot of Burn CDs cannot b read.....some Mp3 song cant b played......alot more..

but i see this products is a quality and afordable products especially the speakers& sub but not the HU and the amp and in term of the technology inside (for this model MEX-R1)......it has its 24-DAC burr Brown chips technology n yea other brand n model has this 24 bits chips as well but i still prefer sony porducts

i had bought some speaker n subs n amps of sony xplod for my BIG setup but i haven buy the HU yet because im confused n heard alot of complain from people saying SONY XPLOD not good

anyway hav idea was it true?
any recomendations and precautions
preventive ?
any alternative?

Last edited:

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
that is all old stories. sony used to have skipping disc and unreadable cd-r/cd-rw. now is ok. i have been using sony hu/amp for 5 years. no problem.

if you are into SQ, then i would agree that sony stuff is not recommended. but prepare to spend >$10k for good setup. if you are using normal car and want to hear music, sony is good enough.

malcolm922

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006
yar... after bought all the amp & speaker no need to ask how good is the product adi that u should ask b4 wanna buy, think more on how to fine tuning ur current setup lor...sony HU as some IT fren told me b4 their lens very sensitive lar...better look for other brand. this is my opinion lar if u don't agree dun angry ar....

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
Nope la...
U say lenz sensitif....JVC HU lagi teruk...
My friend Sony HU more than 3 years still work fine...without any problem...
But if you buy Sony top HU..better save your $ to buy Alpine HU la

FisH1986

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
sure alpine good la who dont know ur mom is a female???
but alpine normal 1 also need around 1k lah!!
but if crazythug have the buget i also recomend to go for alpine if didnt have so high buget can also try clarion. clarion also ok but not as well as alpine la of course clarion is cheaper!

FOR ME ILL never go for sony coz my bro lastime bought 1 sony player i think that sony survive for only 1 year + abit then started to sick already now i gave it away already!!

malcolm922

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006
if wan those CD player can read pireted cd's go for Pioneer lar... damn keng chou!!
guys dun just focus on the player ppl got ask about amp also, anyone here used xplod amp b4??pls share a bit....

ryukeong

Known Member
May 20, 2005
KL
For me, i will not go for Sony products.......

In my opinion, Sony Amp is quite good.....ok to buy also, but others components not too much agreed.

You can try Pioneer HU, reliable, affordable and produce nice sound quality too...as myself also using Pioneer HU. But how also pls dont buy 'kenwood' Hu...

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Some good HU

a) Denon
i) DCT-1
ii) DCT-A1
iii) DCT-Z1

b) Mcintosh
i) MX406
ii) MX406S
iii) MX4000
iv) MX5000

c) Clarion
i) DRX9255
ii) DRX9255EXL
iii) HX-D1
iv) HX-D2

d) Eclipse
i) 8061

e) Pioneer
i) P9R
ii) P90R
iii) RS-D7R

f) Alpine
i) 7909
ii) 7949
iii) 7990
iv) 9990

g) Sound Monitor
i) CDT-350X
ii) CDT-450X

h) Rockford Fosgate
i) RFX 8250/Platinum 2000

j) Nakamichi
i) CD 700II

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
if want buy sony product only good at home.... like TV

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
ryukeong said:
For me, i will not go for Sony products.......

In my opinion, Sony Amp is quite good.....ok to buy also, but others components not too much agreed.

You can try Pioneer HU, reliable, affordable and produce nice sound quality too...as myself also using Pioneer HU. But how also pls dont buy 'kenwood' Hu...
Pioneer HU for below 7 series sound normal only... I don't think nice sound quality
Better looking for Eclipse HU ... 4 V preout

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Sony x-plod products

HU - Quite good, lots of features, nice display (in fact it has the best display for HU). Downside is the price it not competitive.

Amp - Does not give its rated power, its not cheap either, RM/Watt is not value for money.

Speakers/sub - does not get loud, not, not even sound decent for the price.. again the price you pay for the output quality is not worth even thinking about it.

I would say its that horrible, but for the money you pay for it, I dont

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
OMG im so confused..now

nywya thinkin of selling back my comp speaker s and 3 way speakers and 2 subs all are xplod models

nyway i havent got theamp yet im planning now

but since someone say good some one say not

but wat u think about the high end SONY HU liek the MEX-R1 or the XAV-01?

wat u thnk bout the piooner HU with the monitor?...ow much u think the price compare both? was the tech good?
which one cheaper?

i thinkin of keeping my sony xplod speakers but i chnage my HU to Piooner and the amps i still used xplod

wat xplod model of amps is the best?

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
my first choice was MTX sound system n my HU wil be XPLOD n my wiring and interconnect willbe from Lightning audio and street wires or monster cable

but all this i cant afford they are almost a kancil price jz for the sound system

my dream setup was a 4 subs with custom made carbon fiber enclosure in the trunk (i DIY on this) 4 mono amps

8 component speakres 2 each door (tweeters not yet plan)

2 amps to power up these speakers

HU (a build in monitor either i buy MEX-R1 with addition Monitor at the sec DIN or i buy piooner togther with the Monitor)

capacitor/if not i used 2 battery more better change my Alternator and fuses

this is my dream setup

not yet ro mention the LCD monitros and the processors

cant afford this unless im a tycoon

but im thinkin of slowly buying it and setup it all one time

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just curious...this is my 2cent idea....
if u notice that in the market...small strobe light...usually people connect it to the brake light...then it goes blink2...
wut im trying to do is, connect it to the small light infront....then put a switch....open it la...not with the blue casing la.......
so, put it facing the light chrome....then it will reflect better....
any cfu's can give me comment about my 2cent ideas?
then we no need to buy the expensive one...but surely the expensive...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience