Sony Xplode

Hadi2Fast2Furious

Known Member
Jun 9, 2005
KL
Hi there,
I just changed to Sony Xplode HU. Now that my rear speakers are starting to break up, I wonder what speakers is good for my HU? Thinking of a 3way. Is the Sony Xplode 3way good? It sells at around RM238. Any recomendations guys? :tee:

Evo48

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
PJ
Hadi2Fast2Furious said:
Hi there,
I just changed to Sony Xplode HU. Now that my rear speakers are starting to break up, I wonder what speakers is good for my HU? Thinking of a 3way. Is the Sony Xplode 3way good? It sells at around RM238. Any recomendations guys? :tee:
all is depend ur ICE system. do you have amp, subwoofer?

Hadi2Fast2Furious

Known Member
Jun 9, 2005
KL
Rm200++. Whaddya think? Issit enuf. I'm not asking for much. Just a reliable sound. But I like more bass power.

Last edited:

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
Hadi2Fast2Furious said:
Rm200++. Whaddya think? Issit enuf. I'm not asking for much. Just a reliable sound. But I like more bass power.
More bass for a 3way as your bass reproducer?... It ain't enuf trust me :wink:

However if you're on a tight budget feel the flow then. I think with to-date HU there is a function for your 6x9 be created as a small subbie. But that will still won't sound good as the sub.

If you feel that there are future for upgrades and such and forget about your plans now. However if you don't then try to look for a better bassy type. I think the Mohawks will perform better for this.

If you plan a soft budget, I would recommend to go for a 2channel amp with a subwoofer.

Power the SUB from the AMP.

Power the SPEAKERS from the HU.

The choice is yours :wink:

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
my fr

my fr go for all xplod brands it will sound great......look great i planed to get all my ICE system to be xplod but i jz need to buy it 1 by 1 ....note that dun jz too exicited later will lead to a disaster..u need to be patient if u havless budget unless if u hav alot of budget then whynot go for all the speakers forst then the amp n subs!....

be all xplod from HU to speakers. component speakers, tweeters, midbass, midrange and amps and most of all subs!....and ofcours the power cable and the speaker cable or the distribution units or caps hasz to be other brand la coz sony dunt developed the cables and caps!...

cya have a nice day!....

Im a newbie here too but jz wanna share opinion and suggestion to u hope u review it wiff smart !..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
XPLOD? gud for you.. but frankly speaking the bass punch is quite powerful if boost to max and not upgrading speakers.

get better speakers with big magnets. sony's xplod speakers are okay but the sound reproduction somehow like not good enuff. note they are using plastics as diaphragm. normally, its cloth isnt it? this is my own opinion anyway.

try reduce bass level if ur on max D-bass boost. or use medium D-bass boost and adjust bass level to ur preference.

my speakers all non branded one. so, i am using the method mentioned by DJthormented. it works ok. :D

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
It all lies in your hand. If you feel it's good then it's good.

Remember, power ain't everything but controlling it is the key!

Have fun :wink:

You can go SQ but does not you can't go LOUD :wink:

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
Holer

zan said:
XPLOD? gud for you.. but frankly speaking the bass punch is quite powerful if boost to max and not upgrading speakers.

get better speakers with big magnets. sony's xplod speakers are okay but the sound reproduction somehow like not good enuff. note they are using plastics as diaphragm. normally, its cloth isnt it? this is my own opinion anyway.

try reduce bass level if ur on max D-bass boost. or use medium D-bass boost and adjust bass level to ur preference.

my speakers all non branded one. so, i am using the method mentioned by DJthormented. it works ok. :D

Ohman chiiled......i was jz sugguesting even myself i dun have all XPLOD in my car!...later on afarid to get xplod! baru tau/.....hihi ...well as for me i agree iff ur opinion about the speaker !...but the XPLOD subs are afordable good quality value for money got guarantee and plus summreo the design look great most i can say is its afrodable for all people .....instead of if u wanna buy a very good quality of subs like lighning audio or MTX that is a very ass kicking subs wish i had that one day n wish i were rich ass....! hahaaa...so i can but those .....especially the MTX "THE TRUE 22" JACK HAMMER" check out the spec http://www.thetrue22.com/
this is only aford by the rich in america we cant have it here!...most of the celebrity wanted one of these!...

----Now thats wat i called ass kicking monster sub!...

check it out
-----get 1 or even 2 of these it gonna blow tha shit out of ya ass...
http://www.thetrue22.com/

Last edited:

Hadi2Fast2Furious

Known Member
Jun 9, 2005
KL
Thanks you all for your advice. Just need some more opinions, what are your comments on Sony Xplode sound quality. According to a friend of mine, Sony puts emphasise on acoustic rather than Bass punch. What do you think.

PS - I'm using a low end model of Sony Xplode HU (CDX2010T)

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
Holer

from my research in internet (even i dun have any XPLOD system in my car now) the bass can get more punch if might wanna consider to install more subs like letsay 4 subs in ur car or u setup alot of midbass or component speakers in there!....n yea i think (from my opinion) XPLOD more to acoustic sound but hey they are clear!.......or else u might wana look Zone monitor!.

p/s: i suggest u make a Custom Fiberglass SUB enclosure for 4 subs!...n it souund termendous!...ass kicking looking eyebrowsing sound!...ass whooping THUMBBBB!....btu of course the amp wont be cheap la sooo expensive!....u might wanna buy other brand of amps for da woofer la since if budget not allow!.....but i can esure the subs is affordable la!...have a try!.....

DVC sub 1400w (specialty model)

CraZieThug5057

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2005
helo

u can view movie onyl at the back of the car but not infront.....coz need to follow the rules and ergulations of the plice /jpj and if driving on the the monitor infront will auto off and if brake or hand brake is apply then the front monitor will on!

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
CraZieThug5057 said:
u can view movie onyl at the back of the car but not infront.....coz need to follow the rules and ergulations of the plice /jpj and if driving on the the monitor infront will auto off and if brake or hand brake is apply then the front monitor will on!
don't know bout it and have not heard it. Please ask your local PROFESSIONAL installer about this :wink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which one management is cun if i want to put on my engine (evo 1)
e manage or apexi afc neo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience