Some Questions

p666p

Sep 1, 2008
First off let me just apologize right here if any of these questions have been asked and answered already. My search-fu is still not very strong :(

1. How do you guys "run-in" your new cars? I read an article that you were supposed to run it really hard then stop and keep repeating it for the first 20 miles. Also how long does this "run-in" period last?

2. This is directed at D. If you dont mind could you tell me where you got your antennae from?

3. Anyone here install a LCD screen on an 07 tib? Where did you put it?

4. Can I change my engine oil to Motul at the 1000km service mark?

Thats all for now and thanks in advance. Drive safe. :driver:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
p666p,

1. there is no specific run-in i can trust. I have 2 totally opposite run-in theory, at the end I pick the smooth, low rpm for my small car. Still, didn't the different :biggrin:

2. directed at D?

3. not 07 tib, but 03 tib, James is the name, with DVD player fuiyoooooo

4. any engine will do, you can call Motul up for that. Not sure if the phone receptionist with sweet sweet voice still answering call.

finally, are you riding 07 tib?

p666p

Sep 1, 2008
thanks for the replies BS. I saw an article about running in a new car and it recommended riding hard and stopping to get the piston rings to fit properly. So i did that but since that first night I have been babying my car and not going over 100km/h (kinda hard ... sitting in coupe just makes one feel the need to go faster).

The second q was directed at D but anyone with the know how can reply also no problem. I went and had a look at Charming and Brothers in Melaka. Charming tried to remove my antennae but ended up scratching some paint off it instead. Brothers said that it required some special key so didnt dare touch it (and both of them didnt even know what car it was lol).

The reason why I say '07 tib is because the 3.5 comes with the 3 dials right above the head unit (torque, l/100km and voltmeter). So only got 1 DIN. And after having a read thru the UK forums it would seem that the DIN on the hyundai coupe is smaller than your average car. I dont want to touch stereo until I can figure this lil problem out.

I want to use fully synthetic engine oil for my car and i want to do it asap. But I read somewhere that some cars cannot change immediately. I also heard that Motul is supposed to be one of the better ones. No harm looking after your car from the beginning :biggrin:

Yeah im driving the new facelifted GK. Lemme go get a card reader on the way to work today then Ill post some pics up here hehe. I love my car.

Drive safe.:driver:

PS: Why so many views but only 1 reply? Hyundai coupe owner shy ka? :P

ArchDyeu

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
teenexe.blogspot.com
Not shy, not much to say.....
Plus we cant really say much on GK if we dont own one....., haha.....

And also shy..........

p666p

Sep 1, 2008
lol dyeu. Guess you do have a point there. I thought the facelifted GK came out last year. Figured there'd be more on the road now. I know there are only 3 in Melaka and I havent seen the other 2.

I have a few more questions too now so dun by shy and answer them please if you know :P

1. What is a good Air filter/intake?
2. Can i change air filter/intake without changing exhaust? or will it cos issues? (all that extra air with no proper outlet might not be so good).

3. will changing air filter/intake void the warranty?

Thanks again in advance.

Drive safe. :driver:

DeliciousD

Known Member
Sep 29, 2007
sry for the slow reply,
i got that anthenna from SG. its second hand. tcsim biught it for me
but u can easily get it through online :) and its not very expansive

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
p666p,

1. there is no specific run-in i can trust. I have 2 totally opposite run-in theory, at the end I pick the smooth, low rpm for my small car. Still, didn't the different :biggrin:

2. directed at D?

3. not 07 tib, but 03 tib, James is the name, with DVD player fuiyoooooo

4. any engine will do, you can call Motul up for that. Not sure if the phone receptionist with sweet sweet voice still answering call.

finally, are you riding 07 tib?
She is cute too...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

URgent !!!! every member in ZTH please help , if u saw this white toyota alphard with WSQ 3334 please call 0111-6128628 (voltex)

SPEC
1.Aftermarket sportrim
2.without sun roof
3.interior brownish colour
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience