Some comment on 6.5 component.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Hi, I just want to know, is it the best to put a 6.5' mid bass on door? Mine is Rockford Fosgate FNX2614. Now I put the speakers on behind my car, the shop guy say the best is to put on the door. Anyway I just want to confirm as I not that like to drill a hole on my door. Thanks.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Ideally, for a component set to work optimally, the tweteer and the midbass should be around 6" apart.
Putting the midbass on the door is not a bad choice. However, please take note on the speaker mounting depth so that the magnet will not block your windows when you wind it down.
For near perfect staging, a kick panel is the best choice.

Hope this helps.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
cacin said:
Ideally, for a component set to work optimally, the tweteer and the midbass should be around 6" apart.
Putting the midbass on the door is not a bad choice. However, please take note on the speaker mounting depth so that the magnet will not block your windows when you wind it down.
For near perfect staging, a kick panel is the best choice.

Hope this helps.
Ok, thanks for the advice, so how about you? Where you put your midbass?

mnkh0027

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Pj, Selangor
www.audio-creations.com
The reason why he's asking you to move it to the doors because you'll want to recreate a front-stage (as normally a singer, band or performance is at the front) rather than having your music come from the rear as if you're the security guard watching over the entrance. hahaha! It's like facing your back on a pretty gal singing just for you at the stage. ;)

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
kyheng said:
Ok, thanks for the advice, so how about you? Where you put your midbass?
My car is an iswara SE(the silver one). So, stock dont' have front speakers at all. I put my 6.5" mid on the door, and the tweeter on the dash. The metal frame only has little room, so I don't have much option regarding the placement height. However, I did noticed that near the seat adjustment panel, there is enough space for a 6X9 (in terms of width and length). :P

Since mine was just an early/beginner level ICE setup, so, nothing much will be done I guess.

Initially, I did plan to put the tweeter on the door as well, but, maybe later. :D

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I guess this has already been discussed in the forum ages ago.
Couldnt seem to find the thread, so I decided to start a new one.

Anyway, here is my question.

I am looking for a reliable bodykit shop which has the following qualities:-
a) Charge reasonable price
b) Excellent workmanship
c) Nice & Friendly staff/workers
d) Located around KL
e) Various material available (ABS, PU, fiber etc)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience