Skyline downsides

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
haha real la bro..dunno la whether dia jeles i pakai skyline or what..but dah terang2 kat bonet i tulis "SKYLINE" still pura2 tak tau hmm...

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
Another small downside is the door, unlike it's conti counterpart, it just won't hold when half open. It makes it a bit difficult when parked parallel to other cars. It is already difficult climbing out of the car, yet I need to hold the door, preventing the door slamming back towards me and climbing out at the same time...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Another thing about Skyline ownership is when people in front hogging the right lane assume your car isn't fast. Although this happened in STI, the perangai the same one. Past midnight, coming from Subang to Damansara on KKVE. Past midnight for sure so empty except for one Perdana hogging right lane. I confirm cannot sabar so high beam, bugger till buat bodoh. So I horn and held down the horn for long time. The car finally pull into middle lane and as I was passing - realizd was Proton Perana Executive. Atas number plae, tulis 'Menteri' hahahah mampos lah apa nak buat..

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
so ur the cause for so many road blocks...hehehehehe..:biggrin:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063552229 said:
Another thing about Skyline ownership is when people in front hogging the right lane assume your car isn't fast. Although this happened in STI, the perangai the same one. Past midnight, coming from Subang to Damansara on KKVE. Past midnight for sure so empty except for one Perdana hogging right lane. I confirm cannot sabar so high beam, bugger till buat bodoh. So I horn and held down the horn for long time. The car finally pull into middle lane and as I was passing - realizd was Proton Perana Executive. Atas number plae, tulis 'Menteri' hahahah mampos lah apa nak buat..
True!

The last time we went up GTJ, a BMW E60 hogged the fast lane otw back.

I know lah he was driving Munich's finest compared to my old Nissan but he kept hogging the road even as I flashed the headlights, signal lights and honking. As he sped to around 170km/h he still refused to move aside. Only after a while he relented and let me pass.

Owh, lane-hogging is not the most annoying part. The driver then moved into the fast lane again wanting to cucuk me! I did not intend to race whatsoever, but talk about sore losers. All I wanted was to get back home quickly and this moron felt his ego was bruised by some old Japanese car. :stupid:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
[PIMPIN];1063549050 said:
Yes, we're finally on the same page. However, the GTR doesn't require you to dump the clutch and keeping the revs up is simply a matter of keeping it in the powerband, something you'd do in any car. But you're right about the driver being a factor in getting the most out of the GTR. You obviously couldn't handle a GTR if its your first car but a GTI as a first car is still manageable.

Most GTR owners probably do not push their cars to the absolute limit. Especially if the GTR has double or triple the stock power. The only person I know can squeeze the maximum potential out of his GTR is MrNismo for sure. For the rest of us, the stock setup or basic mods with maybe 30-50% more HP is more than we can handle - confirm won't go 100% all out.

As for racing people on the streets, I generally don't. I just happen to drive slightly faster than the traffic around me. But sometimes people are too lansi, I cannot take it. Cause I'mho generally approachable lah even if you meet me at McD or whatever but if suddenly out of the blue ajak test like to me that's not in the spirit of the hobby.

BTW, in KL jam MyVi more practical than your GTI, can buy 3-4 somemore for same price. How? :biggrin:

Ok lah, you managed to explain it better :adore:[/QU

i goreng only la bro...talk cock sing song, at least this forum is alive

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063552229 said:
Off Topic: RR, do you use a ''Z'' as your daily car? Spotted a chubby muscular dude the other day. And look really like you :biggrin:

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Z as in Fairlady or are u referring to Z-Tune bodykit on a Skyline?

RR, u bought urself another Fairlady Z kah? :biggrin:
From your answer, I guess it wasn't him then :biggrin:

Btw, regarding your statement about being cucuk by the BMW after he gave you way to overtake him. Maybe he did not know that you had no intention to race. Sometimes I do have wrong perspection about people wanting to race my stock ride when I'm in the mood too. Failed :sleep:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
From your answer, I guess it wasn't him then :biggrin:

Btw, regarding your statement about being cucuk by the BMW after he gave you way to overtake him. Maybe he did not know that you had no intention to race. Sometimes I do have wrong perspection about people wanting to race my stock ride when I'm in the mood too. Failed :sleep:
I don't think he wanted to race either.. just that his ego was bruised as some old Nissan tried to pass his BMW..

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think he wanted to race either.. just that his ego was bruised as some old Nissan tried to pass his BMW..
Alright. Haha! I thought there's a TT in Sunway tonight? Didn't attend?

I'm still waiting for the opportunity for me to ride shot gun in one of the Skylines here during GTJ session. Wonder if it'll ever come true :hmmmm:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Alright. Haha! I thought there's a TT in Sunway tonight? Didn't attend?

I'm still waiting for the opportunity for me to ride shot gun in one of the Skylines here during GTJ session. Wonder if it'll ever come true :hmmmm:

Nope. I'm supposed to be sleeping.. well actually I'm sleeping and typing this in my sleep.. :rofl:

Gonna wake up at 2 for the CL final..

Glory Glory! :top:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hahah no lah, I don't drive a Z but lately I've been driving the GTR a lot more often since there are more activities nowadays. But I like the stocky, muscular reference though! Wonderful for my ego hahah..

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
when i got my first skyline i decided to go atmospheric bov just for the rice boy factor of it(it was 11-12 years ago, i was a teenage boy okay). I still remember i adore that pish pish pish sound for the first couple months, then it eventually went from sweet symphony to downright annoying fwhen i drive. First gear to secodn gear, PISHHHHH, 2nd gear to 3rd gear, PISSSSSH,3rd gaer to 4th, yes you're right, PSSSHHHH...not just that, the stock turbo+atmo bov was spooling on normal low rpm driving.

i got so sick of it, change to big snail.no more spooling sound on low rpm. love it. yah that was 11-12 years ago, now the more quiet a skyline is the more i like it(weekend different story)

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

which old skyline oh?1,2,3, all so cheap

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

i agree with number 4! my car never been to shopping mall parking lot!
its an uncle version of a skyline = not a skyline but similar. can't afford the real one so settle with this cheaper alternative.....but some say its an S13 with 4 doors.....its an.....??? i think u can guess already....:driver:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
its an uncle version of a skyline = not a skyline but similar. can't afford the real one so settle with this cheaper alternative.....but some say its an S13 with 4 doors.....its an.....??? i think u can guess already....:driver:
Cefiro? I had one..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello brother,
Hope your are fine.

My car's Crown Wheel and Pinion is damage:(( crying its setting inside of ACD Transfer Case / Box

i added 2 sample picture.

Here is my Cars Details :

Name : Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
Model : 2003
Engine : 4g63 hp3437 (Turbo)
Chassis : ct9a 0202466
Transmission : 6 Speed manual gear (6Front+1Rear)
(All time 4 Wheel)
please help me where i can get the crown wheel and pinion or if u have please contact with me .

Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience