Single Turbo or Twin Turbo

Takumi Fujiwara

Jun 16, 2007
If you guys watched Initial D before, I'm sure you know that Keisuke Takahashi has a twin turbo FD3S. I would like to know the benefits and disadvantages using a twin turbo compared to a single turbo or vice versa. Thanks!

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
twin turbo = response or monster horsepower (basically, 2 mid to larger sized turbos running simultaneously). Please note the word OR.

single = reliability, monster but not as monster horsepower as above.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
twin turbo... but i believe he was running stock twins in the begining, but not sure using what kind of turbo after the major upgrade.

if it's twin turbo monster... mean it'll be like what ELSM80 mention.. twin larger sized turbo.. not the stock twins...stock impossible become a monster..

while single turbo... alot of people can give their experiences here.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
rich people can have twins whilst the poorer remove one and go single.

AsimoV2

Apr 7, 2007
Perth
Single turbo reduces heat in the engine bay, and it also reduces all the excess piping needed for a twin setup.. that is quite beneficial for the rotary, as it runs really hot... but single turbo conversions does increase the turbo lag unless its set up properly

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
I suppose twins provide a more linear power and torque curve which would result in a much more balanced and rapid car (on track/everyday driving)

Case study would be Re-amemiya Touge Champ.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
it's like testicles... got 2.. bagus.. got 1 big big chuntoi lagi bagus, u'd be very brave... see lions or tigers oso u straight charge at them and pull their ekor without fear!

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
big big chun toi like HKS T51R... si beh no fear one... just charge and pull whatever lion or tiger u'll see on the road. :)

ahahah these are our crazy rotary owners... basically the discussion about twin turbo or single turbo is on the sticky....

we'll talk alot of craps.. .some will talk seriously... but if your question aren't answered in the sticky... come here. we'll give you hell lot of crap... and you need to filter through :)

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
it's like testicles... got 2.. bagus.. got 1 big big chuntoi lagi bagus, u'd be very brave... see lions or tigers oso u straight charge at them and pull their ekor without fear!
Oh God this is classic... ROFL

Cheers

serigala

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
Twin sequential hitachi turbo?no lag and super power...great for touge...

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
larger twin turbo even better..... stock one in term of power... a little bit not enough.... but you have all the controls and balance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys need some help ...... i need to polish my sisters vios there car is 6 months old n the paint condition is quiet bad as my sister didnt take care of the car... there are alot of bird shit stain on the car which im trying to remove it with a cloth n polish ...but there are some part of the car which is affected my the aircond water and its causing the paint to change color :( and the front driver side door there is a key scratch ask u know kl there are alor of lifeless people who...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience