Simple Question: why choose TOYOTA instead of HONDA?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
dont give a care with this guy la, let him say lo whatever, as long as he's happy enough lo hahaha....
kita sendiri tau ok lo right?

Bump: dont give a care with this guy la, let him say lo whatever, as long as he's happy enough lo hahaha....

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
dont give a care with this guy la, let him say lo whatever, as long as he's happy enough lo hahaha....
yup...that's why i've said...
no need to talk out loud...let us be humble and low profile as before...
i'm happy with toyota...
they happy with honda...
so honda is better...soo what ? do you they win any noble price for it ? do they got any money from honda ? hahahahaha...

it's the never ending quarrel...even those hondarian also wanna fight with others car manufactures...
not like us...toyotarian...love to make friend not war...
sometime we also do like to make some loveeee...:love: :love::biggrin: on...eehhh...oppsss...

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
becoz he is...???:biggrin:... papa burke is toyota hati kering!!! salute2...

hmmmmm... yes honda got very up to date designs and all... but isn't that a sign they're trying hard to capture the market... playing catching-up ...???

hv fun guys... errr.... new city looks good.... :biggrin:
:sleep:...wei feizal...don;t ler.. tell ppl i am that ol!!!:hmmmm::biggrin:...

but looking the registration date???? and... type of car...??? own eeerrrrrrr... tuer ler..!!wakakakaakkaakkak till wanna :bawling:

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Aiyoooo! 2005 post also dig up. hahaha. I think most are hit and miss. Its not about performance and brand desirebility, its economics. In fact Toyota is best at pushing their economic type of selling and manufacturing to us. That is why they can sell a lot of cars. Firstly selling cars. No one in the world now can sell as much as Toyota. Not even GM. Its simply because the brand since its inception has embed in our minds of quality.

Since the 60s'-70s' their cars worked much more better than most other makes, including Honda and it was cheap. But people then isn't like what it is now. They can't change cars as easily. There is not much choice, not much money, and not many roads. There might be a single cylinder Toyopet still lying around in Malaysia somewhere. Move to the 80's sales of The Corolla starts to gain momentum. Up to the best selling SEG in the 90s'. Honda at that time was still expensive. Just 10,20,30 years the talk about quality among potential buyers of the corolla is going around fast. Its not that Honda wasn't good, but its expensive, so does the parts.

Somewhere in Honda's existence here, some party or another might have made Honda's parts expensive. Probably putting up the exclusivity of the brand. Probabaly the cause of their non-performing periods that time.

Second economics lesson, one engine many car models. Really no other manufacturer does this more better than Toyota. Do you know how many variants of Corolla, Trueno, Levin, Corona, Celica that uses the T series engine? Move forward the famed 4AGE with the A block. And move up the 2000cc range the S block which is used in many variants of Camry & Celica. In fact if you have the time to look Toyota doesn't have to make a lot of variant engines for many of their cars. So they save money here. Not like Honda, there is definitely too many engine block variants. So they can only make in small numbers and is expensive. Every car revision from Honda has big differences in the engine department. Explains a lot why the spares are expensive.

Economic lesson three. Cheap maintenance. Because of common engine parts, its easy to get them from half cut and spareparts shops. Even my 30 year old engine can still get at least more than 50% of the parts new. My mechanics Honda quintet doesn't have that luxury. So does a friend who owns a 80's civic. Even if they do come by such parts is pricing is very premium. So if you were a taxi driver or you operate a taxi company, why would you buy a car that is more expensive to maintain? Mind you that taxis are probably the most highest mileage cars on the road.

Nowdays Toyota is not cheap. Compare it to a level to level Altis and a Civic it seems like the Altis is loosing out. But people would still buy it because what was said earlier. Quality. But buyers now don't seem to care much and they would part money for styling and pricing. So you can see Protons, Hyundais, KIA and more.

Look again at Perodua Myvi. Salesman push the Myvi as a car that comes staright from the moulds of Daihatsu. And Daihatsu is linked to Toyota. Its simple reason on why Myvi sells by the truck loads.

Last time i might say Toyota is best blindly. But now, i tread more wisely. I now understand brands weakness better. And which cars work better for the enviroment that they are used for. No more blindly follow the crowds anymore. :burnout:

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
yup...that's why i've said...
no need to talk out loud...let us be humble and low profile as before...
i'm happy with toyota...
they happy with honda...
so honda is better...soo what ? do you they win any noble price for it ? do they got any money from honda ? hahahahaha...

it's the never ending quarrel...even those hondarian also wanna fight with others car manufactures...
not like us...toyotarian...love to make friend not war...
sometime we also do like to make some loveeee...:love: :love::biggrin: on...eehhh...oppsss...
yea definitely and totally agreed with you chin!!! it's a never ending quarrel...
i also got some friends with their honda, but they dint look down toyota, they do respect us too, that's what we call friend.

hmmm.... make some loveeeeeee huh? hehehe:biggrin:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
There is no point or reason to quarrel over car brands unless you are " THE BOSS"..then you can boast on how good is your car or brand..

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
yea definitely and totally agreed with you chin!!! it's a never ending quarrel...
i also got some friends with their honda, but they dint look down toyota, they do respect us too, that's what we call friend.

hmmm.... make some loveeeeeee huh? hehehe:biggrin:
ya...i also have friends who owns honda (EFs and SH4s)..yet eventhough i own toyota, its still ok..ala you love your ride and they love theirs...there is no point in quarelling...afterall, some of them do dig the SEG look..eventhough they are VTEC fans...

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
There is no point or reason to quarrel over car brands unless you are " THE BOSS"..then you can boast on how good is your car or brand..
well said! :proud:

Bump:
ya...i also have friends who owns honda (EFs and SH4s)..yet eventhough i own toyota, its still ok..ala you love your ride and they love theirs...there is no point in quarelling...afterall, some of them do dig the SEG look..eventhough they are VTEC fans...
yea those honda kaki's friends also asking about toyota, and sharing together our experience....

blutuik

Known Member
May 9, 2008
www.cardomain.com
aiyoohh..dont fight la..:damnmate:
just be kind & friendly with each other laa..
see...

Toyota & Honda together..
got Bimmer also meh... :tee:
not to forget..Proton..
hehehee..:biggrin:

Cheers

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Toyotarian...
when we invade McD...

this what happened...

The good old days...

Toyota Owner Gathering 2005 - Meet 1
- March 27th 2005
- all for one and one for all...a proud owner of TOYOTA
- turn out 103 Toyota gather together...4 Supra, 7 Celica, 1 Altezza, 3 MR-S, 2 MR2, 51 Corolla, 33 Vios and 1 Starlet.
- Gathering also being covered up by Hypertune magazines, Vol 43 2005. Get the issues.

:driver: :driver:

Peace, Love and Harmony...:D

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
In my place, we (Toyota fans) & Honda fans can get along with no problem. So no point arguing, I think.

Toyota & Honda is like Merc & BMW. It's actually kinda different in certain ways, so it's not really fair to say which is better. They're certain good things about them in their own ways. No such thing as a perfect or best car, same goes for us.

And I think, guys, we're off the topic with those answers. The question was,"Why choose Toyota instead of Honda ?". Not "which is better or faster". Understand the question before answering or else you're not going score high marks in your paper....didn't your teacher used to tell you that ? :rofl:

Peace...:biggrin:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Because Toyota sounds nicer than Honda..Hahaha..

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
hey even Mr. Honda and Mr. Toyota dun fight together la...
if got ah... havoc in Japan oredy....
FYI, all Japanese made cars have their own golds! majority different with one and another.
E.g. :
1) Toyota, makes affordable cars & parts
2) Honda, makes cars for most youngsters
3) Mazda, makes cars with different engine concepts
4) Nissan, makes good touring cars
5) Mitsu, makes rally cars
these are just examples (2cents)

Even IF all have same common gold, its good also, coz if only have one manufacturer.... it'll be boring for the Japanese and the whole world.... correct?

so...:listen::five::top::shakehands::beer::tee:
:party:

:ciao::ciao:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
hey even Mr. Honda and Mr. Toyota dun fight together la...
if got ah... havoc in Japan oredy....
FYI, all Japanese made cars have their own golds! majority different with one and another.
E.g. :
1) Toyota, makes affordable cars & parts
2) Honda, makes cars for most youngsters
3) Mazda, makes cars with different engine concepts
4) Nissan, makes good touring cars
5) Mitsu, makes rally cars
these are just examples (2cents)

Even IF all have same common gold, its good also, coz if only have one manufacturer.... it'll be boring for the Japanese and the whole world.... correct?

so...:listen::five::top::shakehands::beer::tee:

:ciao::ciao:
wei... what about subaru??? forget the sweeeeeeettttttttt....... boxer sound and the frameless doors already ar.. hahaha......
but one thing i notice, there are some link between car brand u know... most of the toyota lovers especially ae101,110,111 also have a soft spot for subaru.. in fact few of my frens who love toyota also love subaru...some upgraded to subaru, some get another subaru... me included... coz i kahwin subaru with toyota using wrx bumper.. hehehe...

what u all think?

Last edited:

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
Oops!

6) Subaru.. the all wheel drive master
7) Suzuki small and simple yet powerfull
8) Yamaha rempit style
macam2 more....
:biggrin:

tamok

Known Member
Aug 14, 2008
heyy guyss..le lek la
for those hv a lot money can buy anything you want..
ppl hv diff feel..now toyota take over subaru .. :driver:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can any one custom made BRAKE PUMP BRACKET for satria ?
I have seen brake pump bracket,it seems to be a very simple
bracket but cost more than hunderd bugs.
So i would like to ask any of u can teach me to custom made one ah.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience