Sigh... S'greans are WORST Pple on Earth....

manshen

Oct 31, 2013
Super cars got plenty. Even with COE no problem for these people. It is the poorer ones buying normal car that suffers. Imagine paying SGD70k and another same amount for a normal car and a tycoon paying SGD70k and additional SGD500k for super car. SGD70k to these people is nothing....
Fully agreed. Pple like me suffering. All I want is just a normal Proton Satria Neo. I am happy already. But I am struggling just to maintain the car (I earn around SGD2.7K). Whats worst is my COE going to expire in 3yrs..... After that I don't see how I can afford a new COE which is going to be over 70K.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Really buay tahan...... Looking over the causeway, life is so much better..... Much more greenery as well.....
LOL

With many people 'the grass is always greener on the other side'

Trust me, once you come over you'll start complaining how absolutely shit it is and how you miss being in Kiasu Land and how you regret having left in the first place.

Bottom line, there will always be something not right wherever you are.

My personal opinion (in other words subject to my bias and prejudices), I wouldn't swap places with you.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Fully agreed. Pple like me suffering. All I want is just a normal Proton Satria Neo. I am happy already. But I am struggling just to maintain the car (I earn around SGD2.7K). Whats worst is my COE going to expire in 3yrs..... After that I don't see how I can afford a new COE which is going to be over 70K.
I'm curious with the VQS system, COEs and those things of Singapore. Let's say your Neo have reached its 10yr limit, ur option is only to scrap the car or have it exported to another country.

When you scrap the car, lets say the Neo : do you make any money from scrapping it?
Export the car : you sell the car to some used-car exporter, or what? and the common % rate they pay you if vs. market rate?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I'm curious with the VQS system, COEs and those things of Singapore. Let's say your Neo have reached its 10yr limit, ur option is only to scrap the car or have it exported to another country.

When you scrap the car, lets say the Neo : do you make any money from scrapping it?
Export the car : you sell the car to some used-car exporter, or what? and the common % rate they pay you if vs. market rate?
If the limit of COE has reached, you can either scrap or retain the car and bid for another COE on that particular month. Like one of my friend, he bought a civic del sol 2 door 2 seater open top for SGD2500 with 1 yr COE left.. The car is full with goodies.. such as B20B, racing seats, big brake kit, mufflers and so on.. so when the 1 yr ends, he went to bid for another new COE for SGD 60k just to keep the car on the road.. for him, he thinks it's a good buy because if you were to get another new car.. is like SGD100k++ at least(car + COE)..

If you scrap the car before the COE ends, you can take back the COE return value + car value, if you scrap on the COE expires.. you only take back SGD500 for the scrap metal price of your car with no COE return value (so for those who successfully bid the COE at SGD1 for one particular year when government gave allowance, they aren't selling their car but drive till scrap).. but the scrap yard might then export your car out of the country for a higher price...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am keen to see where the discussions on such topics would lead to
So the conversation has diverted to COE and car ownership in SGP.

Speaking of which, I saw a documentary somewhere saying there's only one R34 in SGP now and the very last 86 too. It's a shame the way car ownership is structured there.

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
I am keen to see where the discussions on such topics would lead to
at most, probably... ummm... feeling thankful living in Malaysia, as a petrolhead who wants to keep his 1990s car forever and ever?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Thankfully, Malaysian could safely mod their cars, without being kacau by authorities too (except the duit kopi matter). Singapore authorities are damn strict....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu..... did any one know how to connect the hose if want fix FICD on 4G15 (DCNF40) engine....? I got the digram for FICD on EFI engine but not Carbie.... any sifu here can help to explain....? thanks

FICD on EFI digram....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience