side exit exhaust

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
any big difference applying side exit exhaust?many fast cars r using this.

does shortening the route by channeling via side exit make improvement on turbo car?or it only good for high power race cars?

thank u.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
i dun have much to say about this, i know that most of the forummers will argue about this topic as it has been argue quite long ago and my TT session just now.

It's straight piping anyway...if i'm not wrong, and a few exhaust speciallist have told me that applying straight piping will provide better low end rev

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
if ur not in engine dynamics or F1 type engines...than any piping will do..side left,right,front,back, but no too big not too small....heheheheh

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
i run 3" side pipe for my car on the drag race. turbo spool earlier..
got improvement la..
exhaust pipe just around 1 meter from the turbo le..

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Exhaust flow of turbo engine also need certain degree of back pressure.

Having too big a downpipe or exhaust system will result in loss of power.

Something to do with ThermoDynamics or something like tat I heard from a local turbo engineer.

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
yerp thats rite...but as i said b4 if ur not too deep in be sure to make not too big not too small....man man lar org cakap...

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
ya... like what Apexi dis to their exzos system to take the shortest route possible.... from standard piping with bends to a nearly straight piping...

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
joeker..

i do read about the importance of right/matching exhaust system on turbo engines.but dont understand.

Te27levin...

if so,it good news.no wonder i saw many local drag cars applying side exit.the most extreme i saw in uk magazine...drag evo6 with greddy T88 turbo and the apexi muffler placed side exit at the front bumper.800 whp if not mistaken.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
you mean the same car "featured" in our local hypertune mag? RC developments right?

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
yup dolly.u r right.if not mistaken i read from japanese perfomance mags.
damn big turbo for 4g63t.

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
agree antonio.in the pic, the T88 seems out of place in evo6 engine bay..monster.i did not bought the mag,i cannott remember the facts exactly.i think use stroker kit.the important part, the RC development UK guys proved it fast.won some titles in uk's ten of the best(TOTB) drag events.the last TOTB end 2004, gtr34 got the king title.full with hks parts.team sumo racing..uk hks dealer.

in thai, evo3 use hks T51 kai.i think it's slightly bigger than T88.thais r crazy and advance.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
no need to buy the mag, its actually an online article, someone posted it here a while ago

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Visit site
forced induction engine doesnt need to concern more about the exhaust system compared to N/A engine.first of all,the sound of an N/A engine is very loud compared to the turbo charge one.backpressure sure need to set to ZERO on both engines due to certain reason like:
- if there a backpressure detected on a turbo engine exhaust system,be sure of one thing,u gonna need lots of cash to buy new turbine.the backpressure will cost u your turbine fins.
- on N/A ZERO backpressure needed to prevent exhaust gas flows back into the combustion chamber.when the exhaust gas returns to the chamber u'll will lost lots of power there ofcourse.this u can tell when u'r shifting gears n the car jerks.yeah ofcourse if u'r using straight piping the rev can go high instantly.but then,the effect of the backpressure comes when after u rev the engine.i mean when u'r breaking at corners or maybe there r some slow movers.u'll need lots of time to regain the previous speed.u'll need to step hard on the gas.no fuel effiency there my man.at this rate,even if u're driving a 1.5 engine,a kancil with .850cc can cucuk u anytime n with less effort.

how embarassing aite?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Originally posted by 0339975@Mar 9 2005, 14:57
forced induction engine doesnt need to concern more about the exhaust system compared to N/A engine.first of all,the sound of an N/A engine is very loud compared to the turbo charge one.backpressure sure need to set to ZERO on both engines due to certain reason like:
- if there a backpressure detected on a turbo engine exhaust system,be sure of one thing,u gonna need lots of cash to buy new turbine.the backpressure will cost u your turbine fins.
- on N/A ZERO backpressure needed to prevent exhaust gas flows back into the combustion chamber.when the exhaust gas returns to the chamber u'll will lost lots of power there ofcourse.this u can tell when u'r shifting gears n the car jerks.yeah ofcourse if u'r using straight piping the rev can go high instantly.but then,the effect of the backpressure comes when after u rev the engine.i mean when u'r breaking at corners or maybe there r some slow movers.u'll need lots of time to regain the previous speed.u'll need to step hard on the gas.no fuel effiency there my man.at this rate,even if u're driving a 1.5 engine,a kancil with .850cc can cucuk u anytime n with less effort.

how embarassing aite?
if there a backpressure detected on a turbo engine exhaust system,be sure of one thing,u gonna need lots of cash to buy new turbine.the backpressure will cost u your turbine fins.
How does backpressure destroy the turbine fins?

Stock turbo engines are equipped with a cat. con., muffler and resonater on the exhaust system.

Will the turbine fins desintegrate from the backpressure of such a bottlenecked exhaust flow?

on N/A ZERO backpressure needed to prevent exhaust gas flows back into the combustion chamber.when the exhaust gas returns to the chamber u'll will lost lots of power there ofcourse.this u can tell when u'r shifting gears n the car jerks.yeah ofcourse if u'r using straight piping the rev can go high instantly.but then,the effect of the backpressure comes when after u rev the engine.i mean when u'r breaking at corners or maybe there r some slow movers.u'll need lots of time to regain the previous speed.u'll need to step hard on the gas.no fuel effiency there my man.at this rate,even if u're driving a 1.5 engine,a kancil with .850cc can cucuk u anytime n with less effort.
So you mean, my kancil's stock exhuast system will have alot of back pressure and it will flow back into my combustion chamber and my kancil will lost power and jerk when shifting gear?

MMmmm.....So far my kancil very smooth and I don experience any jerking.

Could it be that Perodua factory accidently installed a straight flow exhaust system onto my Kancil, which explain the smooth transition during gear change?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How to select the right size fuel pump

What size fuel pump does a 4 cylinder turbocharged engine require to make 500 HP to the crank at 30 PSI?
This should only be seen as a basic guide to fuel pump selection. With a little knowledge and data, selecting...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience