SATRIA 1.6 - Seeking advices for TUNING & UPGRADES

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Too tight, no low end. Too loose, no top end. Have you done with proper break in? If so, can go back to workshop do oil change and adjust back the valve clearance..
Too tight won't close properly, too loose don't open fully.....lol

#OGPIM

Known Member
Jul 9, 2016
KUALA LUMPUR
Gong Xi Fatt Chai to all sifu

Car prob again.

- I notice the tempat masuk air for the radiator has lot of rust.
- There's bau hangus whenever i drive my car. It comes from the front bonet. Can smell it from the side of the left front wheel as well.

Ape sudah jadi :( ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Car prob again.

- There's bau hangus whenever i drive my car. It comes from the front bonet. Can smell it from the side of the left front wheel as well.

Any increase in engine temperature?

#OGPIM

Known Member
Jul 9, 2016
KUALA LUMPUR
Any increase in engine temperature?
Hi Sifu

i reckon the is rise of temperature. Feel really hot at the bonnet.
( My meter not functioning well ) Exceeded the service period by 20km.

Aug 2016, when my engine overheated. Overhauled already & have a new set of radiator.
I notice the bloody mechanic didnt drain all the rust away.

Crap shit.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hi Sifu

i reckon the is rise of temperature. Feel really hot at the bonnet.
( My meter not functioning well ) Exceeded the service period by 20km.

Aug 2016, when my engine overheated. Overhauled already & have a new set of radiator.
I notice the bloody mechanic didnt drain all the rust away.

Crap shit.
I'm not a sifu. Still learning from everyone over here including you. :biggrin:

If it is the rise of temperature and dirty radiator, it could be due to a few reasons assuming that you don't have any leak on your cooling system. I'm writing this based on what I have experienced before regarding dirty radiator water.

1. Your radiator could be jammed or clogged with dirt, rust or some substances.
2. Thermostat could be faulty and it refuses to open up fully. This happened to me before and a lot of dirty brown coloured substances appeared inside my radiator water. These substances came from the broken thermostat.

Hope this can help you.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Car prob again.

1. Can take photo of the rust in the radiator?
2. 'hangus' smell from the side of the left front wheel can be your caliper stuck. is the rim very hot on that side after short drive? if it is and the right side rims is colder than the left, that means your caliper need servicing.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
All replying through own experiences......:adore:
That is the good thing about internet forum. Real info. :biggrin:

Need to stay with mechanic when send car for repais like Bro. Renesis, can learn even more......lol
Learn visually only. And it is only limited to what is being repaired at that time. If new problem arises, need come to zth and search about it. If can't find a good answer, need post new thread and ask for help. Luckily everyone over here is very helpful. :adore:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I'm not a sifu. Still learning from everyone over here including you. :biggrin:

If it is the rise of temperature and dirty radiator, it could be due to a few reasons assuming that you don't have any leak on your cooling system. I'm writing this based on what I have experienced before regarding dirty radiator water.

1. Your radiator could be jammed or clogged with dirt, rust or some substances.
2. Thermostat could be faulty and it refuses to open up fully. This happened to me before and a lot of dirty brown coloured substances appeared inside my radiator water. These substances came from the broken thermostat.

Hope this can help you.
i would agree to what RENESIS suggested. had the same issue with rusty/dirty water in my satria's radiator so i got it serviced last year April, also replaced new hoses, coolant and thermostat as advised by the mechanic.

i do my routine check around the engine bay every 2 weeks, the radiator's water still looks new and no visible rust. probably would help :listen:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
wah.. where do you stay bro? my mech in bukit kemuning there not bad if you wanna try. or RPG at shah alam also good.
hey bro sanekit, seems like there are few good sifus around kemuning. a friend suggested that i send my satria to RPG, another friend recommended Momentom, where do you go to if i may ask? any feedback?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

a little bit confius..a lot of steam flow out from the exhaust,when i start my engine in the morning..my engine just top overhoul and port n polish about last week..the steam only happen in the morning..is it bad or good habbit for my engine??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience