Sandakan Drag Race

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
hi alex. nice seeing u here. i love your crx. its awesome... coming over to tawau?

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
dont worry .. normally sabah pl like to register on the race day itself.... i registered few hours b4 i race...no choice. im working and i can only do that after work.

tawau drag race is on 16/8........sandakan track is good. i seen it b4... its just that its not wide enough. but if i can make it i might go and give a try. normally doing race in another place im not quite confident as im afraid my car might fail during the race and i had to take the hassle to bring the car back. if everything smooth i will drive there .....i had take leave since 28 - 2nd sept anyway.
I am sure the organiser would know if their track is wide enough or not for 2 cars. If not, it is only quite easy for them to turn it into 1 car race. Afterall, unlike Tawau and Miri, I am sure they dont need to use the same track for the car to return to their pit because they have another route and exit to channel the race cars off the track. That's the beauty about STC race track - saves time in between runs, and new tarmac.

If everone is thinking of car engine failure and no plan(budget allowance) to take his/her car home, there wouldn't be anyone from other towns/places going so far as Tawau and Miri to take part in the races. Actually, these guys who took part in the outstation races were a bunch of very positive-thinking people and I salute them for that.:adore:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
and nova dont you forgot that most of them had quite strong financial backup before they could have those mindset. lower income pl joining is for their sake of interest and support the local event .while some of the bigger boys going in there to make name which is related in their business to make more money... so the perception and objective is clearly different to some people, my friend.

one thing im noticed is alot of pl here are actually frm east malaysia and had been following the few drag race update... so if there is a chance why not we guys seat together and have a chat over a cup of coffee or tea.? it should be nice i guess to meet pl and know more friends of same interest.

alex5718

Known Member
Jun 9, 2008
looks like kk no car going tawau but maciam many to sandakan ler...
that track had been tested by 2 car 1 year ago betting of 20k
a sandakan toyota levin with a kk toyota old model silvia..i seen it myself there~
planting my mod. 2jz into an ugly old model isuzu pickup now..
hope it can get on time to go sandakan..hehe

*am1 wira not goin sdk cos only 300m drag for it class..track is abit short for braking..
heard from organiser*

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
looks like kk no car going tawau but maciam many to sandakan ler...
that track had been tested by 2 car 1 year ago betting of 20k
a sandakan toyota levin with a kk toyota old model silvia..i seen it myself there~
planting my mod. 2jz into an ugly old model isuzu pickup now..
hope it can get on time to go sandakan..hehe

*am1 wira not goin sdk cos only 300m drag for it class..track is abit short for braking..
heard from organiser*
kk toyota old model silvia? toyota never make silvia. issit the old s110 silvia u talking about which look a little bit like levin?

i heard that same too about many kk not coming to tawau but to the sandakan race instead. and today i even heard something much more interesting. which is tawau drag race had been called off and being delayed to december. good luck for your pickup bro..im confident to say that the jz series are easy to churn massive horsepower.

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
kk toyota old model silvia? toyota never make silvia. issit the old s110 silvia u talking about which look a little bit like levin?

i heard that same too about many kk not coming to tawau but to the sandakan race instead. and today i even heard something much more interesting. which is tawau drag race had been called off and being delayed to december. good luck for your pickup bro..im confident to say that the jz series are easy to churn massive horsepower.
A friend told me that with the posters about STC dragrace now put up at many places(including petrol kiosks) in Sandakan, it is 95% for sure STC drag race is going ahead at the end of this month. 5% is reserved for unforseeable circumstances. :biggrin: According to the poster, there is even entrance fee of RM5 to RM15 per person to go in to just watch the race.

Last edited:

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
and nova dont you forgot that most of them had quite strong financial backup before they could have those mindset. lower income pl joining is for their sake of interest and support the local event .while some of the bigger boys going in there to make name which is related in their business to make more money... so the perception and objective is clearly different to some people, my friend.

one thing im noticed is alot of pl here are actually frm east malaysia and had been following the few drag race update... so if there is a chance why not we guys seat together and have a chat over a cup of coffee or tea.? it should be nice i guess to meet pl and know more friends of same interest.
Yes, quite right about money affecting the mindset. But Sandakan is much nearer than Tawau and Miri if you are going from KK. If going from Tawau, Sandakan is nearer than Miri, unless Tawau has a race at about the same time(but heard it's been postponed?). Sandakan is still a nice place for Bruneians and Sarawakians to visit and to race 'cos it is not very far. The nice thing about Sandakan's STC racecourse is that it is a new bitumen road without the traction problems as experienced in Miri and Tawau.

As for the short 300m race distance for the Open Category, I think the racers could appeal to the organiser to reconsider for 400m if they found out that their cars can actually brake to a halt before the track runs out. With new bitumen track, the braking is much better than on loosen, old beaten tracks with small stones lying about.

For 4wd turbo cars like Evo, Subaru, etc, their traction is so good that the new bitumen track can actually slow them down. So, that can be a worry.:biggrin: But it can also break gearbox/drive shafts if over doing it. However, their speed should improve in the 1st gear if they dont bog down during launch. At the end of the finishing line, 4wd should stop faster than a 2wd cars because of better traction.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i heard the same ting too today about the postpone... however final confirmation will be given by tomorrow. so i shall update here as well... if tawau postpone then sdk track is way to go.. but if tawau is on ... the pl will just race if they are nearby. lahad datu is the best... they can go both way. haha

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
got permit or not..???
There is always that shadow of doubt for every new place holding an event like this for the very first time. But Sandakan has much less red tape than bigger city like Kota Kinabalu. I think the chance that it already has proper permits is very good and some more it has a proper place or venue. Unlike Sandakan, KK did not have a proper place like it should be away from the public and the organizer may be inexperienced then in getting all the approvals.

pet_mivec

Jun 7, 2006
i heard from someone the track for the open category only 300m and the drag will happen at bt.4,is that true?...how come the drager take a better time in 'jalan sempit'?

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
i heard from someone the track for the open category only 300m and the drag will happen at bt.4,is that true?...how come the drager take a better time in 'jalan sempit'?
Ya, 300m for the Open Class is true. But I have not heard they will hold it at another place. Maybe the organizer will change their mind if racers request for 400m before the event. Last time I went, the track looks wide enough for 2 cars, just like on public road. If not enough, organiser can also let 1 car per run.

maCx

May 27, 2008
better if they just let it all happen
at batu.4 road.. just close the road next to UTS. Finish it in a day
the people who want to go to indahjaya apt or the other taman
can ikut jalan from new sungsiew one..

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
its impossible to close the public road for a race....
regarding the track wide enough for both car i dont see any issue bout that as tawau already practice one car run if they felt its safer that way .... after all those 2wd car are mad when the boost kicks in at above 2 bar. they will just probably do the same. and a proper inspection should be done b4 the race to disqualify those who does not comply wid the minimal safety requirement to participate

jay4g64

Known Member
Jul 27, 2008
Tawau,Sabah
I would like to know what is the date for the drag race? is on 30th or 31st? is there any possibility the event will be organise in 2 days? and what is the category for the 1st day and 2nd day? we are interested to come to participate in the race.
What is the time we should come on the day of the event? and when the registeration for the race will open?

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
I would like to know what is the date for the drag race? is on 30th or 31st? is there any possibility the event will be organise in 2 days? and what is the category for the 1st day and 2nd day? we are interested to come to participate in the race.
What is the time we should come on the day of the event? and when the registeration for the race will open?
For sure it is going to be held on 30th and 31st August 2008. If it cannot finish on 31st August due to rain or something, it will carry on to the 1st September 2008.

Normally registration should be at least 1 day before the actual event. I guess the organiser should not mind even on the 1st day of the event if they don't have enough participants. But if they already have more than enough cars on their list, you could be too late for registration on the day itself. Anyway, I also heard many are going for this race event because people are interested in the new road and wanna try it out for the first time in the whole of Borneo. It is a whole new experience for them as they have already tried and got sick of the "gravel" roads in Miri and Tawau.:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any one here know how to integrate a protable mp3 palyer to the car..?

which it juz like plug in the connection to a computer..and as well it is removalable..

hehe...as i juz give a though to see it can be done or not... :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience