Sandakan Drag Race

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

CHB

Known Member
i heard rumors says that there will be drag race in Sandakan. can any one from Sabah clarify about this? confirmed?

there has been some desas desus here and there... but nothing concrete yet. Will find out more this weekend.

;)

Originally posted by CHB@Jan 14 2005, 13:27
i heard rumors says that there will be drag race in Sandakan. can any one from Sabah clarify about this? confirmed?
CHB,
If confirmed u want dispatch your rx3 to there to join the race kah?? :o :o :o

mr nos,don't ask him lah,u should be ready and fill up ur nos bottle...hehe.anyway,if this news is true,hope sabahan zth members can update us on this.

Originally posted by NOS_7AGTE+Jan 14 2005, 17:27 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NOS_7AGTE @ Jan 14 2005, 17:27 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CHB@Jan 14 2005, 13:27
CHB,
If confirmed u want dispatch your rx3 to there to join the race kah?? :o :o :o [/b][/quote]
hell no Si Fu, u first... hehehe

Met the owner of the 'said' project and he replied he's considering the idea now.He has requested quotes to do the infrastructures but was dissapointed due to the ridiculous skyhigh quotes.
He will still go ahead with it but the plans might take longer as he'll be sourcing the jobs out himself.Better late than never i guess.
Kudos to him as this is a PRIVATELY funded project that will take looong time for the owner to recoup his cost.

Fact no.1 - The owner is related to STC but that DOES NOT MEAN STC is sponsoring this.

Fact no.2 - its developed on a piece of private land so the question of approvals from AAM never arise.

The owner is a motorhead, many people would love to get their hands on the cars he owns at the present moment and that includes a few very rare cars.

Wow...Really got drag race In SANDAKAN?!!I know some Members of STC..
sO i will go ask them 1st before it's true!!
Everybody dont worry about this..tell you the Answer soon

Like i said earlier STC has nothing to do with this.I dont think anyone should refer this as 'STC' event as it might create confusion and trouble later on.

But my dad said STC is going build the drag race..now they rancang 1st..
The drag could we 800 meter long
Budget about 1million o...

Charles said:
Fact no.1 - The owner is related to STC but that DOES NOT MEAN STC is sponsoring this.

Fact no.2 - its developed on a piece of private land so the question of approvals from AAM never arise.

The owner is a motorhead, many people would love to get their hands on the cars he owns at the present moment and that includes a few very rare cars.

Sounds like Charles knows the Sandakan proposed drag strip owner quite intimately. :D Maybe Charles knows whether this drag strip will be materialised by now.

the drag track project is on the table now! infact i just finnish racing go-cart with

him ! the project start next month and hopefully will complete within this year

4g13p said:
the drag track project is on the table now! infact i just finnish racing go-cart with

him ! the project start next month and hopefully will complete within this year

Since he said the project is on the table, it could mean that he has not yet submitted the development plan to the local council for development approval and building approval which may take as long as 12 months or so. In addition, he may also have to deal with land conversion application with the Land Office which can also take up to one year or so if his land is not zoned for commercial/sport use. Perhaps you can only see the drag strip in full operation next year or so.

However, I suppose he has obtained a temporary permit from the local council to hold an event with only a tarred drag strip done but without all the permanent buildings and amenities provided but only substituted by canvas sheds, portable toilets, etc. The only thing that may bog him down is $$$ ;)

Last edited:
ehhh ! i think the proposal and the drawing thing have been approve by the authority last year ( that's what i heard lar but will confirm on that ) and the track will be build within the STC compound so i think it is meant for sports ( he already build a go-kart circuit there hehehe) so i think there isn't any problem for him ! i'll totally support him on these project! ( mentally hehehe) He will bring up the motorsport in sabah!

Has he got a target schedule as to when he can actually hold an event this year and if so, when? :)

Sandakan drag is still a long way to go...but have u guy heard that Tawau will conduct a drag race on August 6 this year probably in old airport??

It is now less than two months away and if there is going to be an event as this, the organiser in tawau should give enough time for the racers to prepare by confirming the event now and to start sending out entry forms. Without anything but a hearsay, noone is going to pay serious attention to it and simply just laugh it off.

Top Bottom