Rossi challenges Alonso

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Rossi challenges Alonso​

By Theodore Liasi
LONDON (espnstar.com) - Valentino Rossi has told Fernando Alonso to put his money where his mouth is after the Formula One World Champion claimed he remained unimpressed by the MotoGP superstar's recent tests with Ferrari.

The Renault world champion poured scorn on Rossi's efforts claiming the Italian would find it very difficult to switch from two wheels to four.

"He might finish fifth or even get on the podium some time but I could do the same on the bikes if I was given enough time to practise," the Spanish driver told a news conference.

Alonso's comments did not go unchallenged as the fiery Italian responded by challenging Alonso to three-stage race.

"I read that if Alonso is able to make some practice then he can put a MotoGP bike on the podium with me," Rossi was quoted as saying in Motorcycle News on Wednesday.

"Well, I think we should drive a Formula One car, a World Rally car and a MotoGP bike, add the times together and then we will see who is the fastest."

Rossi has repeatedly tested for Ferrari including a session in February with other drivers where he managed to post a lap time quicker than a number of regular F1 drivers.

However, Alonso's voice is not a lone one within Formula One, Midland Racing's Christijan Albers – who admits to being a big fan of Rossi's – also had his doubts suggesting that Rossi's performance in Spain last month.

"Knowing Ferrari, they could have taken all the fuel out of his car to make him go quicker," he told espnstar.com exclusively. "I'm not saying that is what they did, but it wouldn't surprise me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think Alonso will chicken out cos alonso had never(never read it b4) drive a WRC Car and ride it MOtoGP. He might went over the ravine in WRC and crash on MotoGP. This is just my opinions.. :)

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
I came from a 2 - wheeled background ( watched Wayne Gardner wrestling his NSR 500 back in 1989, watched Rossi's 1st race in the 125cc category back at Batu 3 ) and have been owning all sorts of bikes for the past 8 years, and a regular Sepang 2 wheeler, I believe that Alonso cannot compete with Rossi. Rossi's been a regular top hitter with Michelin's Rally of Champions ( forgot the actual title ), have been testing with pretty good results ( for s 1st timer ) on F1 machines ( Rossi actually started with go karts bfr moving on to minibikes in his younger days ). Alonso shouldn't be doing such comments, it's not fit with his image, which, with his recent comments on Rossi, makes him look like a bad boy wanna - be. We should wait and see...and yes, I still find A1GP a bit more entertaining compared to F1 though.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Might Alonso be letting the title and the hype get to his head? Which would be surprising. He looks such a calm and collected fellow, always thinking. Odd that he would come out with comments like these.

Rossi is definitely multi-talented. How well he can do in F1 remains to be seen. Still, he's a feisty character and he has taken Alonso's comments as a gauntlet thrown down. It'll be interesting to see if Alonso takes him up on it.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
hai.. there u go. Who is better... big motor mouth like Alonso, and Ralf... or a quiet-but-labelled-as-Arrogant Raikonnen?

i'll take Kimi anytime...

sometimes.. those ppl oughta learn to shut up and show what they can do on the track instead. Lets see if Alonso is a one season wonder or a real champion this time around.

Frankly, i was never a fan of Alonso, darn difficult to accept the fact that he has sign for my favourite team.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
alonso is a fag. sometime he "cock-talk" without thinking.

opps may have offended pro alonso fans.

high respects for rossi. throw in different car category races; my money is on rossi to do better overall

granted its not easy to be a F1 champion but it is even harder to be a MotoGP champion let alone transitioning from 125cc - moto GP

landax_sonix

Jan 16, 2006
waaa ace79,we are same laa..but that time im eddie lawson big fan,also start follows rossi since he race at 125,he got world factor la like MAWI ehehhehe.if he switch to F1...i think Moto gp fans also will switch to F1 lerr..jst my 2 sen

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
landax_sonix said:
waaa ace79,we are same laa..but that time im eddie lawson big fan,also start follows rossi since he race at 125,he got world factor la like MAWI ehehhehe.if he switch to F1...i think Moto gp fans also will switch to F1 lerr..jst my 2 sen
yep, if Rossi moves to F1 ( or any sport in particular ) he will pull in his fans ( which, is in DROVES!!!! damn a'plenty i'd say! )! this, in turn, will at least, turn up the heat a little bit ( and bringing in more prospective spenders from Rossi's camp of fans ) and the sport of Rossi's choice will see a great boost from many angles, like sales of memorabilia, sales of tickets etc.

it's sad to see Alonso behaving like this, it's not his way lah!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Alonso chickened out.

Alonso says no to Rossi's challenge
Fri 17 Mar, 4:29 AM

World champion Fernando Alonso has politely rejected Valentino Rossi's proposal that the pair go head-to-head to settle the question of who is quicker.

Rankled by Alonso's claim that he could join the MotoGP ace on a podium, rider Rossi challenged the Spaniard to a battle waged on motorcycles, Formula One and rally machinery.

Asked if he had heard about Rossi's dare, Renault's 24-year-old Alonso said in Kuala Lumpur: “Yes, but I don't know if he really said it. If he did, I will have to say no - I am totally focussed on my job at the moment…”
Source: http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/17032006/13/alonso-says-rossi-s-challenge.html

Alonso, put your money where your mouth is.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
chicken...........

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
hahaha.. well its normal for f1 drivers to make such comments.. its not only alonso.. many of them been saying the samething.. which makes it more interesting to watch how it develop when rossi 'DO' get into f1..

another thing though.. alonso was right abt focusing on his job now.. F1 and Moto GP are both world class sporting event but no offence to Moto GP F1 operates in a bigger scale and drivers play a very heavy role (not jus driving in the race.. testing.. developing the cars and tons of commercial activity)

p/s: personally i believe the transition from cars to bike is tougher than bike to car.. alonso might over-exxagerated but frankly who knows he may hav the talent (even though i still think rossi would be better on 2 wheels.. haha)?

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
landax_sonix said:
ha..ha..i start imagining how could Rossi's fans break the fans and sneak into the track likewise they do in Moto gp if Rossi drives F1 car and win the race..Sure the marshals go crazy to c his fans break into track and hug him ...It always a laugh to see his fans greet him with all kinda funny characters...ha..ha..ha...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Alonso came out of this exchange of words with Rossi looking like a twat, indeed. Rossi 1 - 0 Alonso. I hope Alonso goes back to his old style of just shutting the fuck up and let his driving do the talking.

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
Lets see what Alonso says if he meets Rossi..

Alonso : Hey dude..I accidentally threw in my words..I was drunk last night..hi..hi..
Rossi : ( in italiano slang )It's yr problemo..I don care..u call fight with me...u don't
chicken shit or I'll kill uuu ( mafia effect )...F@@K u
Alonso : ..........gasping dunno what to say....WTF....:mouth_closed: :mouth_closed: :mouth_closed:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

[Need Advice] Lowering Car Height

Hi guys.
Currently im using GAB sport springs for my car.
Gap between tyre and fender is as follow; Front = 2 fingers, Rear = 3 fingers

I wanna ask, is there any way to lower the REAR gap to match the FRONT? becoz now the car now is slightly 'tonggek'. not really noticable though..

I dont want to cut my springs or 'bakar' and compress the springs, as i heard this will shorten the spring lifespan and its not safe..

If i change my standard...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience