Road Blocks & Closure: 2012-04-28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Road Block and Closure on KL roads: Bersih 3.0 (April 28 2012)

It is likely that there will be road blocks & closures in KL this Saturday (28th April) due to the coming Bersih 3.0 rally.

There are no confirmed roads yet, but it is certain that roads surrounding Dataran Merdeka (which has already been cordoned off) are likely to be affected. Based on speculation on the internet, we believe that the list of roads below will be encountering road blocks (effective Friday, 2012-04-27 @ 1800hrs):

1. After Jalan Duta Toll (KL bound – Opposite the new Palace);
2. Jalan Parlimen (Leading… to the Lake Gardens);
3. In front of the old Palace (Both directions);
4. After the Sg. Besi Toll leading to KL;
5. Jalan Tun Razak (3 locations)
6. Cheras junction leading into the city;
7. Opposite the American Embassy;
8. Jalan Ampang;
9. City centre – opposite bangunan Daya Bumi;
10. Jalan Ipoh – opposite the old Sentul IPD (District Police Headquarters)

If you get any information about road blocks or closures, please feel free to share it on this forum so that other road users can be up-to-date in avoiding motoring hell.

* picture taken from Blue Jackets Facebook page; picture by RED Photography

Attachments

Last edited:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is the best way to prevent getting stuck in traffic, but I (perhaps) represent a fraction who do not have a choice... a mate is getting hitched and the wedding must go on!

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hmm..why they wana make road blocks? Its bersih n anti lynas demonstrations only...not some terrorists trying to gather at dataran and bomb the hell out of it

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just to quickly update the latest that we've heard:

1. JALAN KEPONG (IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION)
2. SELAYANG (NEAR THE NEW WARTA SUPERMARKET)
3. NKVE - PLUS HIGHWAY (BETWEEN PUTRA HEIGHTS TO SUBANG INTERCHANGES)
4. SEREMBAN HIGHWAY NEAR DESA PETALING 9NEAR THE HUGE FURNITURE SHOP)
5. JALAN IPOH (NEAR TEMPLER'S PARK & 5TH MILE)
6. JALAN KUCHING (AFTER SEGAMBUT ROUNDABOUT)
7. JALAN AMPANG (NEAR GREAT EASTERN MALL)
8. FEDERAL HIGHWAY (NEAR VOLVO)
9. OLD KLANG ROAD (NEAR THE PETALING POLICE STATION)
10. INTERSECTION ROAD NEAR LAKE GARDEN
11. JALAN DAMANSARA (NEAR UN BUILDING)

To those who might be using those roads, please plan your journey ahead and be wary.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I dont blame not the organiser. It's the police that is the culprit for setting up all the roadblock and hassle caused.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
After all the hardship and chaos, blood and sweat, what did they (demonstrators) get? Bad publicity perhaps? :stupid:

sky_vspec

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
pukimak..how i want to go home. now in the office..&!*!& police, govt !!
A more 'Bersih' word is much appreciated.

hmm..why they wana make road blocks? Its bersih n anti lynas demonstrations only...not some terrorists trying to gather at dataran and bomb the hell out of it
Wait for bomb then only set up blocks? Even with the blocks, they are able to get the police car turned turtle. Imagine what will happen if they're let loose.

I dont blame not the organiser. It's the police that is the culprit for setting up all the roadblock and hassle caused.
I guess if there's no roadblocks, chaos takes place, then you will also blame the police for not setting up blocks to prevent the demo.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah

Wait for bomb then only set up blocks? Even with the blocks, they are able to get the police car turned turtle. Imagine what will happen if they're let loose.

I guess if there's no roadblocks, chaos takes place, then you will also blame the police for not setting up blocks to prevent the demo.
Well said, couldn't agree more. :top:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang

agree:wavey:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia

It is not as simple as you think. Demonstration or rally can be done by 1 person or 1 million people. You can predict 10 but it maybe end up with 50. No one can guaranty. It is not done on the internet but physically appear at the stated location. When so many people gather at a same place for a demonstration, emotion is easy to be stirred up (if you are not pissed off, no need to stand under the sun la) and it is very difficult to control. When the demonstrators flood the road and effect the traffic, if someone got heart attack or whatever in the middle of it, it is almost impossible to send him or her to the hospital in time, even emergency respond team also may not able to reach the patient in time after pass through thousands of people. Other than that, the abnormal traffic congestion will effect others non related person. Including those who wanna go shopping and need to pass through the road or an ambulance on its way to send someone to the hospital. At this point, I need to remind some people that, you have the freedom to do your rally but you cannot force others to accept it. People do have rights to object your action.

OK, for saving your time, I skid the rest and just say the last thing. You have done 1000 times demonstration and all success. But whom can guaranty the next time will be the same? If no preparation and somehow the demonstration/rally turned become a riot, I can answer you, yes, and perhaps it is way more destructive than a bomb. That's why the enforcers will have to make road block/close the road or make some plans for initial preventive action.

We have laws and we should respect it. The authorities don't approve then seek for another way (in this case, several stadiums had been offered). A demonstration can be peaceful but why not pick a strategic place that will bring minimum negative impact to the supporters and innocent public? If the organization ever make a emergency respond plant or organize groups to control the situation if things turned bad?

I don't agree with Bersih's way of demonstration But I respect the fact that saying 'people do have rights to do a demonstration'. Setting up road block or closing certain road or even deploy the water tank to standby are part of the ER plan from the authorities. They have to do it according to the standard protocol regardless whom or which party control the gov. Even if organizing a RIOT is legal, the police force still have the responsibility to protect those innocent people who is not involved, be it 1million or 1 person. So, regardless how, the police have to do something and every country do have their own protocol according to the own culture, political situation, economy scale, infrastructure, and etc.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm...but i have a few questions in mind..

1. If I were a terrorist and I would like to harm people, I dont think dat I am stupid enuf to do last minute preparation - the day b4 bersih.
2. Laws are formed by the government, so if we are to sit quietly for every bill passed, we'll be doomed and democratic will be nothing. For this question, I strongly recommend you to search for books or articles that describe how our ex prime minister did something to the law and made some reputable judge (judiciary) being kicked in the ass.
3. Yes, i agree with you that Bersih should've taken Merdeka Stadium. But why Dataran Cannot? If the demonstrators are to destroy dataran, they can do the same with Merdeka Stadium. Yes, at Dataran, it will be more difficult to control but i do not think it is a big concern if the police force and bersih organizers can work together. Just like in Hong Kong, Bersih demonstrators are monitored by the police, walking side by side with them.
4. Any of you encountered the road blocks during the day before bersih? Well, I had when it was Bersih 2.0. I was stuck at the toll exit for more than 3 hours. And when I passed by the road block, they just flashed the light to indicate that i can just drive and go!!! Wat if im "THE" terrorist @@"

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
For me....it was truly a 1 Malaysia gathering. It was emotional & an eye opening experience. Something I will share with my family & friends, & remember for long long time. Let me ask U some questions...

What's the purpose of BERSIH 3.0?
When was the last time U see people of different races & age group walk hand in hand, singing "Negaraku", having the burning spirit in their hearts, demanding a rightous cause ?
Are U a taxpaying Malaysian taxpayer? How would U feel if your hard earned tax money goes into pockets of corrupted leaders? I'm talking about billions or ringgit!! Money from your KWSP, income tax, import duty, etc...spent buying submarines, cargo planes, tanks that was marked up 5 to 10 time the actual cost.

We, the Rakyat could have save this money for our children, give them better education & future. But instead, we're left with no choice paying off high instalments till we retired.

It's time we wake up!! Get the facts right, be intelligent & do something about it! If U have internet access, use it, find & read the unbiased truth. Dun be fooled by goverment controlled media channel.

We are Malaysians & we are in this together. God bless Malaysia!

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
For me....it was truly a 1 Malaysia gathering. It was emotional & an eye opening experience. Something I will share with my family & friends, & remember for long long time. Let me ask U some questions...

What's the purpose of BERSIH 3.0?
When was the last time U see people of different races & age group walk hand in hand, singing "Negaraku", having the burning spirit in their hearts, demanding a rightous cause ?
Are U a taxpaying Malaysian taxpayer? How would U feel if your hard earned tax money goes into pockets of corrupted leaders? I'm talking about billions or ringgit!! Money from your KWSP, income tax, import duty, etc...spent buying submarines, cargo planes, tanks that was marked up 5 to 10 time the actual cost.

We, the Rakyat could have save this money for our children, give them better education & future. But instead, we're left with no choice paying off high instalments till we retired.

It's time we wake up!! Get the facts right, be intelligent & do something about it! If U have internet access, use it, find & read the unbiased truth. Dun be fooled by goverment controlled media channel.

We are Malaysians & we are in this together. God bless Malaysia!
You've got some valid points there. It is undeniable that there are some corrupted leaders in the govt. But is it really neccessary for the 'peaceful' demonstrators to attack policemen and journalists?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You've got some valid points there. It is undeniable that there are some corrupted leaders in the govt. But is it really neccessary for the 'peaceful' demonstrators to attack policemen and journalists?
If you see the media, you'll the claims of protestors went rowdy and ugly. But if you see the internet especially youtube, you'll see policemen bad manhandling the protestors and journalists. Oh ya, the media also claimed that they were hit by policemen the most (The Sun, The Stars, Al-Jazeera, etc). So both policemen and protestors were beaten. But who got more?

And I do believe in Agent Provocateurs as per claimed by many parties. Like the assault on varsities students at Dataran Merdeka last time, they can go to Bersih demonstrations and act violently. But whether they are hired by which parties, only they themselves know... well oppositions can also hire some people to act like they are from the govt too right?

Nobody should go against the law, if it is a "lawful" law. Bersih's objective is to call for a clean election. Some of proposed ideas are being used by other countries. So if the proposed ideas are effective, I personally do not see any major problem for the government to implement them.

As a Malaysian, I believe that the opposition would not be a lot better than the current government if they take over Putrajaya. But at least we move on to improve, even just a little bit at a time :driver: cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Earlier reports have indicated that the boys from Sant’Agata will be unveiling two new debuts at the upcoming Paris Motor Show. So as Lamborghini carry on with the teasing of their new model to be revealed at Paris, it brings about the question of which model are the tantalizing us with?

Speculation is leaning towards...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience