Rm35 for camber nut and rm15 to adjust???

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
For a satria neo, u need to adjust camber settings when the outer shoulder of your tyres are wearing out faster than the middle and inside..especially if u like to layan corner.
now......
camber adjustment alone is not sufficient to reduce tyre wear.

Maxx Ha

From Facebook
Oct 6, 2011
www.facebook.com
I just change my tyre at Top Speed batu gajah. They said my chamber need to change to adjustable one. So change one at RM20. Adjustment cost rm40 for both side. Then I got con liao lor... Every tyre shop I went also not honest.. shit. Anyone can recommend a honest tyre shop at ipoh?
Price for goodyear NCT5 = RM210/pcs. Bridgestone turanza e-30 also same price. Continential cc5 = RM220/pcs
Which one is better among 3 above? Any sifu .. pls advise.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Macpherson struts do have camber nuts but it depends on the model of vehicle. Some manufacturers locate them elsewhere like at the lower arms instead. As for changing the camber bolts to new ones, it depends on whether the camber still can be adjusted within the manufacturer's spec or has it exceeded the limit. If so, there can be two reason; either the eccentric shim on the camber bolt has worn out or the control arms themselves have stretched or bent. Usually the cheaper way is to try and correct the camber by replacing them with new ones to see if they can adjust your vehicle's camber back to spec. If not, the affected arms have to be changed as well.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
sorry TS for hijacking your thread,

what is neo's factory camber & toe spec?

recently during my tire & absorber change, i took a peek during alignment process, the machine show neo factory spec is =0.30°~-0.30° for camber & 0.02°~-0.02° for toe,

mine was set to -0.1° for camber & -0.02° for toe,

absorber is OEM bought from proton & tires is S1 evo, 45 series,

right now the steering feel, esspecially during turn in is less responsive, need more steering lock, i thot after switching from 50 series tires to 45 series, the steering will be more responsive, the tires has been fully run in tho

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
For front camber, no need to toe it, just maintain at 0 degree
For rear camber, better for u to set at 1-2 degree max.... more then that the wearing of inside shoulder would be insane for daily drive....
But if for track, i would recommend 3-4 degree....
Please use the original screw, dont buy adjustable camber screw or u will suffer from need to set your camber every time u go for allignment

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
I've been through a similar situation before... just to share with you from my previous post: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...usy-tyre-shop-con-to-survive.html#post4432131

"Just a little bit to share about my story... I bought a new car sometime march this year. Somewhere in May due to my own mistake I hit a drain gutter when parking, it came loose and hit the lower chassis of my car. Miraculously my alignment went off pretty bad, so the next day I brought it to one of the famous tyre shop's in Sunway PJS11 to get my alignment fixed. So, this chief mechanic had a fantastic pr entertained me and told me it'll just take a while to get it fixed. So I waited in the air-conditioned room. Then he came in told me to come check out the alignment monitor, my driver side was out by 0.18 degree and my passenger side was out by 0.46 degree... ohh well, I told him get it aligned then... well, he's reply to me was, "boss, ini tak boleh align, kalau you nak buat balik stock kena tukar camber nut, satu side RM65, dua side RM130 boleh?" I was pretty surprised how a gutter mishap can cause my alignment to go off this badly and this costly. So I told him, don’t do anything at all, I’ll take it back to the brand service centre and ask them if I can claim warranty or any sort. But as soon as my car got off the alignment machine, they straight away issued me a receipt of RM25! I didn’t want put up a fit because I knew I have a problem in my car and probably he tried his best to fix it, on top of that it’s just a small sum to fight for...

Well, then I journeyed to the brand service centre and called for the service manager and told him about my problem and the remedy an independent alignment shop gave me. Because it’s clearly stated alignment is none claimable in the warranty document. Then the service manager said, "Dear Sir, in all our years of servicing cars in Malaysia we never heard that camber nuts need to be replaced for this model. It only requires replacing if it breaks in two pieces, if not it can always be adjusted... It only requires a spanner to spin to the right direction to adjust it. *BANG* I was speechless... then he continued "since you've already paid for the alignment outside, I’ll do it for you for free this time" soon after the service technician took my car and insisted I followed him together to their private alignment machine located in a different branch nearby... so this technician went thru step by step, showed and illustrated to me how easy it is to tune alignment and how shops outside always con people that camber nuts for this particular model needs to be changed every other time they do alignment... and from him I understood that camber nuts are only RM5-RM8 in the spare part shops and alignment shops charge them RM65 a piece..? Well right after the alignment my car was perfectly back to normal… so as consumers who are we suppose to trust?

Well, there's my story... thank you for reading... and apology if I made a mistake in the technical info. Cheers!"

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've been through a similar situation before... just to share with you from my previous post: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...usy-tyre-shop-con-to-survive.html#post4432131

"Just a little bit to share about my story... I bought a new car sometime march this year. Somewhere in May due to my own mistake I hit a drain gutter when parking, it came loose and hit the lower chassis of my car. Miraculously my alignment went off pretty bad, so the next day I brought it to one of the famous tyre shop's in Sunway PJS11 to get my alignment fixed. So, this chief mechanic had a fantastic pr entertained me and told me it'll just take a while to get it fixed. So I waited in the air-conditioned room. Then he came in told me to come check out the alignment monitor, my driver side was out by 0.18 degree and my passenger side was out by 0.46 degree... ohh well, I told him get it aligned then... well, he's reply to me was, "boss, ini tak boleh align, kalau you nak buat balik stock kena tukar camber nut, satu side RM65, dua side RM130 boleh?" I was pretty surprised how a gutter mishap can cause my alignment to go off this badly and this costly. So I told him, don’t do anything at all, I’ll take it back to the brand service centre and ask them if I can claim warranty or any sort. But as soon as my car got off the alignment machine, they straight away issued me a receipt of RM25! I didn’t want put up a fit because I knew I have a problem in my car and probably he tried his best to fix it, on top of that it’s just a small sum to fight for...

Well, then I journeyed to the brand service centre and called for the service manager and told him about my problem and the remedy an independent alignment shop gave me. Because it’s clearly stated alignment is none claimable in the warranty document. Then the service manager said, "Dear Sir, in all our years of servicing cars in Malaysia we never heard that camber nuts need to be replaced for this model. It only requires replacing if it breaks in two pieces, if not it can always be adjusted... It only requires a spanner to spin to the right direction to adjust it. *BANG* I was speechless... then he continued "since you've already paid for the alignment outside, I’ll do it for you for free this time" soon after the service technician took my car and insisted I followed him together to their private alignment machine located in a different branch nearby... so this technician went thru step by step, showed and illustrated to me how easy it is to tune alignment and how shops outside always con people that camber nuts for this particular model needs to be changed every other time they do alignment... and from him I understood that camber nuts are only RM5-RM8 in the spare part shops and alignment shops charge them RM65 a piece..? Well right after the alignment my car was perfectly back to normal… so as consumers who are we suppose to trust?

Well, there's my story... thank you for reading... and apology if I made a mistake in the technical info. Cheers!"
Have to thank you, it was your story that prevented me from being conned. I remember reading it about a year ago. :biggrin:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Yes! Just go to spare part shop and but the nut. Less than rm10 each. But the chamber adjustment fee same as my area. Rm15 for 1 side.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Came across this article from Elektor Electronics Magazine - November 2004 on the project for building a car battery desulfator.

http://notes.ump.edu.my/fkee/e-Magazine/Elektor%202004/Articles/E/e04b020.pdf

Extract from the article :-
Sulphation
The capacity of a lead-acid battery gradually decreases during its service life due to normal wear and tear, for a variety of reasons. However, the aging process is considerably accelerated if an uncharged battery is stored for longer than a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience