• Replies 163
  • Views 50K
  • See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jacthegreat

Known Member
Nov 10, 2004
howdy guys ..

if i'm not mistaken, stage 2 and stage 3 upgrade can or shall i say should be done by R3 team in order to get their certification.

i took a wild ride with faizal (one of the R3 crew) around kota damansara on one wet midnight (after rain). superb handling and braking .. a bit lack on the torque division though, but i'm sure that can be arrange.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Hahah was a bit confused over the ARB bit. Thanks for pointing it out.

Yalor. Shit man, really should've bought an Avanza instead. Will definately scare the crap outta other racers when I take it through the turns in SIC. Especially with my VVTI ENGINE!!!

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Wow, imagine this - if there was enough demand for a performance version Avanza, we could see a specially tuned TRD Avanza RS sometime soon. 1.8litre VVTi engine from the Celica, 1000kgs, 17" rims, GT wing (no idea where that goes), widebody kit with Kembara kangaroo bar, anti-roll bar, coilover suspension and twin-pot brake set-up.

Whoa. Definitely SIC material.

:lol:

nikkivec

Aug 18, 2004
Actually..Are they sElling the White Color R3. Issit 2 kind of color and rims to choose? Because the white Color satria advanti's rimS looks more cun. :P :P :P Jus wanna knoe.

tkkhoo

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Originally posted by nikkivec@Dec 31 2004, 19:43
Actually..Are they sElling the White Color R3. Issit 2 kind of color and rims to choose? Because the white Color satria advanti's rimS looks more cun. :P :P :P Jus wanna knoe.
only black color avaiable for sale

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
the white one is the actual SSO spec vehicle...price is most likely double that of the roadgoing r3...or more....
cheers

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by tvcat@Dec 30 2004, 12:29
Just my opinion.

I dun recommend for buying this car.
becos u will spend money on old design car and engine. I love sport like car, R3 give me the feel, but so what i will not spend my money on the old design car. I rather buy the Toyota Avanza.

For Proton, its enough for them to making this light modified car. Their Waja and Gen-2 is better than this, why dun they put more investment on design new car ?
c'mon lar bro. i know car design is important, but the R3 IMO is designed for car enthusiast who like sporty driving, and these kind of ppl are more attracted to the performance of a car than how it looks.

go to reuters car review and read what they say for protons car. they say the GTI is great, if the price is lower. if GTI is acceptable then what about the R3?

they say the waja is too expensive for its kind, no value, and so so performance and not so impresive handling.
the gen2? they say buy bicycle is better.

just my 2 cent. dun flame me.

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
i dont get it, r3 sounds like only a minor tuning job to me.
a bunch of bolt on parts, whats the big deal?
what is proton able to mod that speedworks or any of half a dozen shops in sunway is not able to do?

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
lol.. light modding???...

dude compare the r3 with the GTI...

engine wise maybe not much... but everything else i think a lot of difference...

dude the sr4 seats alone cost how much outside... not to mention the spot welding of the chassis... the tyres also together nearly 1.5k....that doesn't include the rims...

if you ask me its a good buy because of all the goodies inside...

its true that the satria maybe old design(maybe thats why they only made 150 units)..

imagine if they make a totally new model new chassis and everything... you know how much thier r&d is gonna cost them??? 150 units ain't going to cover the cost...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by chelnick@Jan 1 2005, 16:26
lol.. light modding???...

dude compare the r3 with the GTI...

engine wise maybe not much... but everything else i think a lot of difference...

dude the sr4 seats alone cost how much outside... not to mention the spot welding of the chassis... the tyres also together nearly 1.5k....that doesn't include the rims...

if you ask me its a good buy because of all the goodies inside...

its true that the satria maybe old design(maybe thats why they only made 150 units)..

imagine if they make a totally new model new chassis and everything... you know how much thier r&d is gonna cost them??? 150 units ain't going to cover the cost...
ditto.. totally agree..

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
ok, so its cheap compared to satria gti
no big deal, everyone can get a racer by buying a honda. faster, better & cheaper.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by sta@Jan 2 2005, 16:35
ok, so its cheap compared to satria gti
no big deal, everyone can get a racer by buying a honda. faster, better & cheaper.
not really agree on the "cheaper" part, if you are to buy a new model, blame the tax.

one more thing to remember is that maybe not you or me or some other ppl who read this tread, but there are proton fans out there or those who just plain support malaysian product. The R3 would be nice for them.

another factor that have to be considered is that there is only 150 R3 made. tho unimportant to somebody, but there are also people who like limited edition stuff, then they can go tell ppl "ha ha ha, i have you don't have" (trust me, there are ppl like that).

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
don't all cars have those spots around that area?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Cow@Jan 2 2005, 18:31
don't all cars have those spots around that area?

guys

if you actually bother to count or notice

it's more than STOCK and closer together to each other compared to stock

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Originally posted by llsaw@Dec 31 2004, 16:50
Crash,

Don't forget the neon blink lights man!!!! Can lap SIC up to a sec faster with those..
Muahahahahah! DOn't forget the decals ala Fast n Furious too!

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Whatever the sceptics say, the SR3 was made for a niche market - the brash, the f*ck all bunch who love driving. This car was made for people like me, ninja, adian, faisal, djan and the rest who bought the SR3.

It is an excellent base vehicle to start modding with because there is nothing better than to start on a good solid platform, like the double welded chassis and tuned suspension. Find another road car in the market which comes out of factory like this.

Looking in a general point of view, the SR3 isn't much more expensive than an SGTi, a mere RM5K separating the two. For me, there is no comparison. Value for money, performance out of the box is enough to convince me over a stock SGTi.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Yeah, If my SGTi was still stock I'll trade it in for a R3 anytime! The additional stuff alone cost in excess of RM15k and what better can you ask for since its all OEM fittings.

WOW! So many spotwelds.. good job!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There’s certainly not many by-products that leak out of your car can be safely consumed. But Ford’s engineer, Doug Martin beg to differ. He has developed a system that captures air-cond condensation liquid, then enables you to drink the water from a built-in tap. Innovative.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mxmjdx_Rg_c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

It is not uncommon to see dripping water as the cold air-conditioning pipes condense...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience