Retaining car number plate? Help needed.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
This is my plan:

Selling my car probably before this coming CNY,
Wish to keep the current number plate,
and transfer the number to the other car that I'm buying sooner after CNY.

But the problem here is I'm selling my current car BEFORE buying the 2nd hand car.
So what to do? How the new owner drive the car without the plate number? Can he go to JPJ or whatever and randomly picks a number?

Hopefully my statement ain't that confusing for u guys to understand.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i got wat u meant,
u wanna "interchange" your current number to yr new car but the exchange cant take place at same time due to new car not finalised yet and old car need to sell off. right?

ok, my advice is simple, you have 2 options

1) retain yr old car until the new car is ready to register coz interchange of number plate need to be done together with yr new car to swap over the no. plate supposingly for yr new car to be put to yr old one.

2) sell off yr car now if its got a good price, and buy the cheapest motorbike and keep the number there. u can interchange it anytime u want later and sell off the bike.

reason i suggested no.2 is becoz once u sell off yr car to new owner, once the car transferred to his name, the number will belong to him, u will have no right to claim it back. therefore you need to do it b4 the deal go thru completely. there is no other option to advice on this...kindly consider and hope my msg here could help...
cheerz

todajas

Dec 19, 2008
No2 is the best solution bro. Try buy cheapest honda cup or yamaha cup.:biggrin: