reset ecu

ler

Known Member
Nov 23, 2004
KL/SEL
Hello all
I have some question about this matter...it's only to plug out your batery cabel it call reset ecu??need some advise...

powercable

Known Member
Nov 27, 2004
read about this somewhere before..

to reset ECU, unplug the battery cable, then press the brake pedal for 20 secs or so to make sure all the electricty current residue is discharged from the ECU.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
unplug ur battery with 8 hrs time, after that, let ur car idling for 15min, u can get back the oem setting.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
take out only negative side of battery terminal....

leave it for at least 40minutes or one hour like tat....press ur brake for 3-5times n conect back ur batery

once u start ur engine...u can see all ur radio,clock setting all run oledi...mean ECU reset oledi....

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
??? which one is the right way la .. everyone giving one diffrent way .. confusing ..

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
RPM_freak said:
??? which one is the right way la .. everyone giving one diffrent way .. confusing ..
if u r confusing

u take out negative side batery terminal n leave it overnite until the next morning...

pres brake 3-5times (for assurance), then plug back the batery terminal

if ecu din reset...i cut off ar.....but make sure u done it in proper way

mirage2929

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
I just wander why do we need to reset ECU? After we change air filter to a KNN type,

do we need to reset ECU? Comment pls

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
mirage2929 said:
I just wander why do we need to reset ECU? After we change air filter to a KNN type,

do we need to reset ECU? Comment pls
after chaNGEd to open port filter...ur airflow reading will be different from stock..

if u r lazy...u can juz leave it..let's ur ecu re-learn itself....

if u wan to do it fast, then u reset it lo...within one hour..ur ECU reset....all data lost....ecu start in fresh mind

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
Would it harm the ECU is reseting is done to many times .. ? ..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
hawick said:
apologize for stupid question, what is the benefit to reset ecu? anybody can answer this for me?
i dunno about others car, but mine, after ECU reset. You can take the car for a ride, drive in the way you (fuel economic or powerful drive), the ECU will learn the new driving pattern, adjust the EFI to suite the driving style.

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
huakenny said:
ecu wil be in fresh mind....
BlackSamurai said:
i dunno about others car, but mine, after ECU reset. You can take the car for a ride, drive in the way you (fuel economic or powerful drive), the ECU will learn the new driving pattern, adjust the EFI to suite the driving style.

oh i see, then i should have a try on my car.
fresh mind, re-learn? it's good news for me, because my wira (A) FC is quite high.
U know, Auto gear = underpower = heavy right foot = high FC, hahaha
my FC is 13.xx litre/km, terrible!!!

Thanks.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bus accidents have become the highlight of the local news in our country lately. Every morning, we are greeted by page after page of endless tragedy. This news is a cause for concern to Chen Farn Keith, a Diploma in Automotive Technology student at The Otomotif College (TOC). Chen, whose father owns and operates a reputable bus company shared, "Some of these accidents can be avoided if the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience