Rental Properties Questions

May 23, 2014
Aus
Hi im looking to move to KL and have been doing some research online but im hoping i can get a few answers or opinions from people already renting or living in a condo style apartment..

The prices asked is always per month? + fees?
do you need to pay a security bond or 6 months upfront when securing a rental property?
in a condo style property, what exactly is a "covered parking bay"?
can you provide your own isp if signing a year lease?

theres a few more to come but ill see what kind of response i get with these first

any help would be apreciated!!
Thanks

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi im looking to move to KL and have been doing some research online but im hoping i can get a few answers or opinions from people already renting or living in a condo style apartment..

The prices asked is always per month? + fees?
do you need to pay a security bond or 6 months upfront when securing a rental property?
in a condo style property, what exactly is a "covered parking bay"?
can you provide your own isp if signing a year lease?

theres a few more to come but ill see what kind of response i get with these first

any help would be apreciated!!
Thanks
Depends on the landlord what their terms are, but usually it is 2 months deposit and one month advance in rental, payment by every 7th. Utilities deposit is another half month rental. Since it is a condo, check with landlord who pays monthly maintenance.
Shorter lease probably may be higher rental.
As for covered parking in Condo, it is multi storey parking....:driver:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
just want to add...

a proper landlord will have a printed tenancy agreement ready...and my advice as a tenant you should also insist on one too...

TarmacFAZ

May 23, 2014
Aus
ok so its formal and contractual even thru a private landlord ?
is it best to use agent or private for a condo?
Im going for a recon trip in July so hope to have all the info and tips, so far its pretty similar to Perth.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Im going for a recon trip in July so hope to have all the info and tips, so far its pretty similar to Perth.
Contract that is stamped is formal.
Whether thru' agent or direct is up to you. Agent gets his commission from the landlord.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
well its not absolutely mandatory but it is good to know that you'll have something in black and white just in case there is a legal dispute...

if both parties agree not to have any agreement also can...but since you are renting a condo/apartment...there are bound to have the management involved (sinking funds, management fees etc) as pointed out by vr2turbo...so in this case its better to have a black and white agreement...

some house owners leaves this to the management to do it...some will prepare it themselves...

last time when i'm still renting (at that time its a low cost flat) the landlord/house owner prepare all the necessary agreement document...most of the agreement content is trivial stuff...the deposit i paid, how many tenant are staying in the house, the duration of notice if i were to move out of there...that are among the things i can recall...

hope this will help you a bit...and happy house hunting...

TarmacFAZ

May 23, 2014
Aus
can i ask about the utilities in malaysia?
is power, gas, water billed quarterly or monthly? and do you have private companys to choose from or is it one service provider for each utility?
also is there a preferred ISP you guys would recommend?

thanks again for the input, i really appreciate it.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can i ask about the utilities in malaysia?
is power, gas, water billed quarterly or monthly? and do you have private companys to choose from or is it one service provider for each utility?
also is there a preferred ISP you guys would recommend?

thanks again for the input, i really appreciate it.
Power and water are usually billed monthly, by two separate companies. Since it is Condo not too sure if water is billed monthly or quarterly. Some condo/apartment water is billed by the Management.
If Condo have piped in Gas then billed by the Management also.
ISP, better check where your Condo is first, then see which company services is better there. Nowadays many fiber optic lines, but if not available then got to go wireless....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To commemorate the immense history of the Viper on and off the track, Dodge created a selection of editions, with each possessing unique characteristics and appearance, while paying tribute to the different eras and achievements of the Viper.

And all 215 units were sold out within a week...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience