Regarding Ford Lynx

miqveh

Dec 12, 2003
I have a question regarding Ford Lynx. My friend would like to purchase a Ford Lynx 1.6, Auto, '98. But was just wondering if there are any "defects", major concern about that model. Any comments? Thanks....^_^

BaSTARDBuNNY

Nov 22, 2003
Parts are expensive...Kedai potong very hard to find parts...
My power window button broke(driver side) like 4 months ago...untill now cannot find the button piece and i cant replace it with astina parts... so have to find for the whole control panel...that also cannot find...i called ford and they quoted me 600++ just for the stupid power window panel...i drive a ford lynx 1.8 hatch 95

other than that...i wouldn't know about the 98 hatch...

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
the car is nice to drive...
not under power
but things are hard to find BastardBunny is right
my rear spoiler patah and bumper koyak
nearly 6-8 months to find
the rear spoiler cost few thousand leh
:(
bumper also...
but i found it cheaper though

M@X

Jan 1, 2004
:o :o wah!!!! so expensive!!! :blink:
but seriously, last time my side mirror also few hundred....than some more need to order from some where..... wait for one week maa.... <_<

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
My friend is drivin a Lynx 96 1.6 DOHC auto he gets full tang RM 50 only 3XXKm ? is this normal ? Previously was about 250km leh.

Any idea guys ???

Btw, parts r hard to get, but worst cum to worst, plunk in BP8 engine, 1.8 Turbo instantly. heehehehe.

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Telok Panglima Garang, Selangor
i'm driving a 1995 ford lynx 1.8i sedan Auto as my daily drive. got it 2 months back.everything is stock std except the previous owner changed the player.

engine feels quite heavy for a 1.8i dohc.most probably it's becoz of the auto trans. nice & comfortable.

the parts, i have no idea yet how does it cost. i also have a 1990 Ford Telstar with engine already converted to bpturbo, so far not a problem on finding used and new parts for the car. most of lynx parts shares the same with lantis sedan except for some cosmetics likes beams and tail lights,etc. but to find lantis parts is not easy as well, need to shop around to find one.
a friend of mine drives a lantis h/b even managed to find sunroof for his model. just need to shop around.

the fuel consumption, yes, it's very heavy. when i got mine, the consumption is like the std bp turbo consumption.very very high. by looking at the plug, i can see that the engine is running rich,it's the ecu's factory setting.
after done installing some gadgets, now i manage to get 80km for every rm10, for 1 liter i manage to get slightly above then 10km. feels a lot more power and engine revs feels lighter, revving up to 6500rpm with the auto trans is easy now. the current consumption that i get is based on my driving attitude of 100kmh to 120kmh at the highway going to work. no traffic jammed.

i've installed a single button Apexi AFC, adjustable fuel regulator,K&N drop-in element, direct cold air intake,2"exhaust piping with 2 middle box and one rear box. my tyre is also stock std 14" rims, not sports rims lah.

laserman

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
Lan,

wau, stock car also AFC ar... hehehe now ur Telstar just for play play only lah..

laserman

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
aiyah a fren of you loh... hey jut wonder if off ur boost controller what is ur boost level???

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by laserman@Mar 12 2004, 03:20 PM
aiyah a fren of you loh... hey jut wonder if off ur boost controller what is ur boost level???
hahaha.. who this laserman? i think he just did a upgrade for his car.. dun play play.. 1 more B8 Fast car... with a super turbo install...

laserman

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
tkk, my car slow lah compare to yours, where got super turbo, potato got lah..

hey lan dugoung, just want to know what is boost when off ur boost controller?

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Telok Panglima Garang, Selangor
laserman,
ok...ok....i know who u are already.
my boost if boost cont is off is around 0.6bar only. hardly to 0.7bar.
i think your current boost during off boost cont is ok to me.

laserman

Known Member
Dec 24, 2003
Now u know who am i...hehehehe.. before that my stock boost only 0.5 bar...now if i off boost cnt only 0.4 bar.. i really donno issit norm or not...

Ok assume my stock boost 0.5 bar before why u guys higher ? any explaination?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi. i was wondering, wat effect if lets say a 15inch rims on the old perdana sei convert to a 17inch rims? overall size is still the same as the 15 inch rim tyres are thicker while 17 inch rims tyre are thinner.

whats the effect from chaging from 15 inch to 17 inch? and whats the effect of the thicker and thin tyres? thx. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience