recon to pure CF after spray painted can ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

YEN96

Known Member
anyone can advise me if a CF hood is already spray painted with colour, can i sand to remove the paint till CF then clear over for original CF look ??

remove paint on CF back to original CF look

anyone can advise me if a CF hood is already spray painted with colour, can i sand to remove the paint till CF then clear over for original CF look ??

Can... But be careful to sand down the paint only and not cut too much of the CF clear away... Then can compound and polish to make it look like new...

u all sound so confident hahaha....will it be expensive if send to spray shop to do ?? cost how much

sure will be expensive as its time consuming, u could DIY thought & post it in here hehe.

wahah...wonder how long it take...so jus buy sandpaper many grit size and clear lacquer spray ???

If want to do a whole bonnet, I think better use a sander... If not... That explains the charges... It takes time and some invest in machines for this...

anyway is it true carbon fibre is "cloth" and won't crack?...if the CF bonnet crack, is it fibre repair at the back, the carbon fibre cloth remains good ??

If want to do a whole bonnet, I think better use a sander... If not... That explains the charges... It takes time and some invest in machines for this...

sander means wat ??? if i manual sand with sand paper will take very long??? cos thinking to ""play around"" haha

anyway is it true carbon fibre is "cloth" and won't crack?...if the CF bonnet crack, is it fibre repair at the back, the carbon fibre cloth remains good ??

the subject made me pening...:confused: now i got it. can. sand it down and polish. better let the pro do it.

sander means wat ??? if i manual sand with sand paper will take very long??? cos thinking to ""play around"" haha

I dont get what you are trying to say.

another cf related question, i remember reading somewhere that cf is stronger but in the event of an accident, i'm sure it will still break. then no way of ketuking and all that? just have to change another one? am i right so say this?

The fibre remains good but how to repair the clear coat/laquer? I never heard of it. MMAybe it can be done. I don't know.

Okay la... If not a lot of spots, can try to DIY use sanding block. Do gently with a few strokes with discretion so that you do not remove too much of the laquer. If a few small spots okay.. No need sander. Sander is only for like a whole panel. If you do it by hand, your hand will ache for a week and take very very long time to complete!

another cf related question, i remember reading somewhere that cf is stronger but in the event of an accident, i'm sure it will still break. then no way of ketuking and all that? just have to change another one? am i right so say this?

I never heard CF can ketuk. Because the laquer is rigid. Not maleable like metal.

so confusing, so does it means a crack CF hood cannot restore back to original clear coat CF look ???

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom