recon to pure CF after spray painted can ?

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
anyone can advise me if a CF hood is already spray painted with colour, can i sand to remove the paint till CF then clear over for original CF look ??

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
remove paint on CF back to original CF look

anyone can advise me if a CF hood is already spray painted with colour, can i sand to remove the paint till CF then clear over for original CF look ??

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Im not too sure if thinner would ruin the CF, but im sure it will clear the paint :biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Can... But be careful to sand down the paint only and not cut too much of the CF clear away... Then can compound and polish to make it look like new...

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
u all sound so confident hahaha....will it be expensive if send to spray shop to do ?? cost how much

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Long live DIY!!!

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
wahah...wonder how long it take...so jus buy sandpaper many grit size and clear lacquer spray ???

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
If want to do a whole bonnet, I think better use a sander... If not... That explains the charges... It takes time and some invest in machines for this...

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
anyway is it true carbon fibre is "cloth" and won't crack?...if the CF bonnet crack, is it fibre repair at the back, the carbon fibre cloth remains good ??

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
If want to do a whole bonnet, I think better use a sander... If not... That explains the charges... It takes time and some invest in machines for this...
sander means wat ??? if i manual sand with sand paper will take very long??? cos thinking to ""play around"" haha

anyway is it true carbon fibre is "cloth" and won't crack?...if the CF bonnet crack, is it fibre repair at the back, the carbon fibre cloth remains good ??

swift2510

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
the subject made me pening...:confused: now i got it. can. sand it down and polish. better let the pro do it.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sander means wat ??? if i manual sand with sand paper will take very long??? cos thinking to ""play around"" haha

I dont get what you are trying to say.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
another cf related question, i remember reading somewhere that cf is stronger but in the event of an accident, i'm sure it will still break. then no way of ketuking and all that? just have to change another one? am i right so say this?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
The fibre remains good but how to repair the clear coat/laquer? I never heard of it. MMAybe it can be done. I don't know.

Okay la... If not a lot of spots, can try to DIY use sanding block. Do gently with a few strokes with discretion so that you do not remove too much of the laquer. If a few small spots okay.. No need sander. Sander is only for like a whole panel. If you do it by hand, your hand will ache for a week and take very very long time to complete!

another cf related question, i remember reading somewhere that cf is stronger but in the event of an accident, i'm sure it will still break. then no way of ketuking and all that? just have to change another one? am i right so say this?
I never heard CF can ketuk. Because the laquer is rigid. Not maleable like metal.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A simple analysis by Lily Ma for Automology shows that Singapore, despite always complaining of rampant car jacking and car theft in Malaysia, actually has a higher car theft per capita and higher car theft per number of cars than Malaysia!

Read here -> Alarming Car Theft Statistics! | AUTOMOLOGY: automotive + logy (the study of)

1) the number of cars stolen and divide this by the country's population = car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience