REclub - FRASER'S HILL SUNDAY DRIVE 10th JULY

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hi alantan,

thanks matey. will get as many pictures as possible. Also look out for the "one eye jack" ;)

3R1C

'(00) Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2003
Kelate/Penang
3R1C-MY.Blogspot.com
Hope you guys have fun and safe trip.
Btw somebody pls help me to say Hi to Ee Wang (Black FC).
Tell him this is his buddy back in Nilai College.
Thanks.

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Latest Update 04-07-2005...

This event will be covered by DRIVEN MAGAZINE (lifestyle mag featuring various car clubs in Malaysia) so make sure your ride is looking the part!

The meeting place for Fraser's Hill Sunday Drive & time has changed!

Here are the new details / itinery:

Meeting place: Sungei Buloh rest area (Restoran Jejantas) which is the first rest area after Sg Buloh exit and also after the Duta Toll on the North-South Expressway. We will proceed to Tanjong Malim, down to Kuala Kubu Bahru and thereon to Fraser's Hill. Smart Tags are considered an advantage!!

This route is most direct and has the best wider roads, versus the Karak Highway / Bentong route planned earlier (I know coz I drove both of them yesterday)

Meet at 9am (we will leave 9.30am sharp to drive up) we will not wait for latecomers as we need to coincide with the GAP timing for the last stretch to Frasers.

12pm Lunch at Fraser's Hill (Ye old Smokehouse) (RM40 per head which includes 3 course lunch)

After lunch we will drive back down to a BBQ dinner which will be hosted by A+ Auto Accessories located on Jalan Universiti directly opposite the Hospital, cost = FOC

At this BBQ there will be a carwash available (nominal charge) in case your ride needs a clean from the earlier activities. Whilst your car is being washed we can eat, drink & chat about our adventures and useless car stuff that we love (well also some useful tech tips & places info on where to get your car fixed right).

When we meet on Sunday 10th July, 9AM SHARP I will hand out an itinery complete with map of how to get to FH in case anyone is left behind.

PLEASE REMEMBER to ensure your car is in good running condition, including clean/efficient cooling system, good brakes, tyres & suspension BEFORE the trip to minimise any unforseen problems that COULD have been avoided.

Last edited:

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
YES This event will be covered exclusively by DRIVEN magazine so all those in attendance make sure your ride looks good!

phat7 said:
Sounds good mate. A pleasant morning convoy will definitely attract lots of attention. Have we confirmed with the magazine?

maather1

May 11, 2005
K L
Up Hill Lunch Down Hill BBQ

About the Car wash... might have a slight problem there. Sunday car
wash boy on leave. But... Maybe Phat7 will be so kind to wash the rest
of the cars too ???
Wat time expected to reach for BBQ?
The place is

A+ Jalan University,
No 14, Jalan University
right after the bridge and the first traffic light on the left. Green and Blue
coloured Bangalow.

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
sorry for crash this topic...
can i go fraser hill have a look RE club gathering ??
coz i come from raub pahang...and very interested to go there..
thanks

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Target Design,

Your're most welcome to meet us there.:)

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Fraser's Hill Route Map

For all those that have confirmed their attendance for Sundays drive please find attached the route map. The same map will be handed out at the JeJantas restoran meet area. See you all there!

13btt

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
Target Design,

Your're most welcome to meet us there.:)
but i drive wira aeroback 1.3 only wor....can or not???:D

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
if wira driver are welcome...then i will meet all of you at Fraser's Hill gate.....thanks:D

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I really do not see a problem with you guys joining us. Its always nice to meet fellow enthusiast. :)

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Photos & more photos

Here are the photos of yesterday's event. The event was great fun and was a good mix of people and cars...including a stunning s2000 which managed to keep pace well.

The first leg of the drive up to Tanjong Malim was fun and it was plain to see the blue RX-7 was the fastest and meanest looking ride of the day! There was huge flames (fire) coming out of his tailpipe which scared the hell out of a motorist or two! I was told the black FC and silver FD also had some fire or two to match.

All managed to test their skills through the varied turns from KKB up to the Gap but were limited by the silver rx who decided to take it slow & steady...8-) Ok I was limited by my 16" rims 8-( Danny need your help here where are those 17" rims?????

Once reaching Fraser's Hill we made quite an impression, with stares and mouths open as the convoy passed by. Dave was very unfortunate to have his keys locked in his car (ok I better put here he didn't do it himself!) but luckily Danny was on hand to save the day by showing his skills and all was resolved...that is to say Dave didn't spend the night and could relax during lunch.

After a hearty lunch the silver rx decided to take it even slower through the curves to ensure the wife wouldn't be sick on a full stomach, whilst others including the copper rx decided to race ahead and set the pace for others to follow...too bad that he took a wrong turn and instead of heading back to the highway took a detour to Batang Kali and down through Rawang town!

Once again we all met up in A+ Auto Accessories, Jalan Universiti to have a few drinks, talk of the day's events and discover the latest car accessories available for our cars. Very impressive stuff especially the Vibramat sound dampening...really good to quieten our HUGE & loud exhausts..Phoon take note here 8-)

I'm sure all look forward to the next event and we welcome any suggestions and volunteers to help organise.

Cheers all,

Glen

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
More photos

Here are the rest of the photos taken...sorry about the image quality 20kb is very restrictive.

Check out those cool lights on the copper FD!!

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site

Looks like I've missed out on the fun.. Was tied down by the Dreamcar motorshow anyway..

Glenn: Sound deadening mat adds weight to my car :D

I really think we should organise a track event where I'll feel more in place with those gut wrecking suspension.. How about this coming Sunday 17th??? Was there the previous weekend but have to be honest its a war zone down there..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Plucky would be the best description of the Dacia team that’s aiming to tackle Pikes Peak this year but that is hardly the best description for their weapon of choice. The team will be fielding a fully-reworked Dacia Duster that probably only shares the emblem on the front hood with the production model.

Ice-racing star driver, Jean-Phillipe Dayraut, an Andros Trophy champ, will be piloting the Duster up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience