re clocking the mileage

cykosis

Nov 18, 2003
Guys, I am wondering if the above can be done. I am looking at a 2008 UK Is 250. Only done 7456 miles. Am a little bit sceptical. Tyres and body looks like it not really been used. The dealer assures me that they never re clock but can it be done? rgds

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
of course.. anything can be reclock.

check the engine bay. rusty?
drive it around. does the suspension feels floaty?
look underneath the undercarraige....rusty/dirty suspension links?

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i don't think it can be done.

I was assured by the guy i bought it from that lexus IS, GS and LS cannot re-clock the mileage. it's close to impossible unless u change the meter cluster. but he did say don't trust the harriers - these can be changed....

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i don't think it can be done.

I was assured by the guy i bought it from that lexus IS, GS and LS cannot re-clock the mileage. it's close to impossible unless u change the meter cluster. but he did say don't trust the harriers - these can be changed....
bro, maybe he said that because u want to buy a lexus. perhaps if u want to buy a harrier, maybe he will said otherwise. :)
just maybe, just maybe :)

xfuture

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
PJ
ed78, it can be done,
it's even easier right now all computerized.

oldtime ones belt clocking they use a screw driver to turn it back.
now computer, they just need to hack into the system, and reset it.

usually millage from recond cars, the one display on it x3 will roughly the actual millage.

but don't really counting on the millage la. check the condition is more important, drive it around, test test water. check engine bay. under..

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
can be done. my fren working in bmw dealership, recon frozen grey m3. drive around and trash it then reset mileage when there is a buyer..

easy

Perry Yip

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Klang
Any recond car cant be reset cause ap need record of the car mileage, but no idea b4 they bought into kastam :d luck

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I own an old Proton Iswara manual 1.5. At times, I have problem starting the engine. It gives a tick sound but it doesn't work. I need to turn the key a few times to get it running. My car has already installed with a starter relay long time ago. In fact, I have just replaced a new relay. But the problem still persists.

I read somewhere that by giving a knock on the starter could probably fix the problem; that if the starter has no problem. Could someone tell me where exactly where is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience