Type : VG30DETT- V 6, Twincam, twin turbo twin intercooled
Displacement : 2960
Compression Ratio : 8.5:1
Power : 220 KW @ 6400 RPM
Torque : 384 NM @ 4,800 RPM
Bore x Stroke : 87mm X 83mm
Redline : 7,000 RPM
weight : ??

so what do you guys think? is this swap worth doing?

Last edited:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Can you be more detailled when starting a thread as first of all... why consider swapping a VG30DETT into a Z32 which one would assume IS already in there???

Secondly, the displacement for the VG30DETT has 3,000cc worth of displacement...

Lah Z32

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i opened this thread to discuss the pros and cons of doing the swap from vg30dett to rb25det neo. because this swap has been done and is quite popular overseas.... just wondering if anyone here have done the same.......

as for the displacement... youre right, its a 3litre engine..

Last edited:

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
how much does the swap cost? including labour and everything? might wanna take that into consideration? and are you swapping for more power or reliability?

Lah Z32

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
trashability... if there is such word.. hehe.. the vg30dett is a powerfull and quite reliable engine in my opinion... but somehow it just doesnt feel that i can trash it around, to hold it steady at 5k rpm in 2nd gear just for fun.... it just doesnt feel like it can survive that. and the turbo lag does take away some of the fun.

i know the halfcut would cost somewhere in the region of 5k... as for the labour and fabrication of parts if any, i have no idea.... please shed some light on the subject....

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
I think Hardee's mechanic can do that as he once did a 1JZ supra engine in to a z32... that was quite a monster too... maybe you can look at doing that?

I think if you want raw power, the RB would be a better do. Is it a straight fit or lots of mods to be made?

Another option, what I would like to do, is to look for a VQ45DE or VH45 v8 engine, that's another one that has been done before and I have the basic instructions on what do to.

Also, Z-monster recommend looking for VH30DET which he says is a straight fit in to the engine. Single turbo maybe better for playing with power.

We should meet up for TT.... there will be one tomorrow (friday), come join us!

300zxtt

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Yes, join us for tt tonite, Lah Z32 !

It would be nice to see another z32 in the group !

Cheers!

Lah Z32

Dec 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
alaa... really sorry i cant join you guys n last tt, i really want to join but wasnt around town at that time. when the next tt coming?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello friends! :wavey:

Kavin, my buddy, wanted to have a glimpse of a show-car finish on his modified Toyota EE100. He’s addicted to cars, road trips and started to like detailing too. He wanted to experience the joy of a DIY paint correction. He called me and we planned to do it during the school holidays as I would be free but every time the same got postponed. We finally tackled the bonnet on his very nice ride before school resumption. It was invaded by orange peel and common defects...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience