RB25DET NeO (R34GTS)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

SanTa_Clause

Known Member
1)whuts the difference of this engine n the normal RB25Det?
2)whut kind of turbine is this engine using?
3)Can we fit an rb20 gearbox to it?
4)is it true that this engine produces 280horses?
5)do we need a lot of work to install this engine to an A31Cefiro?
6)Anyone using this engine can tell their stories too

err nothing special
just
turbo
cam ?
perhap ?
sorry.. blur on RB25DET

Major differnece between a NEO and a non-NEO engine is the timing. The NEO uses a more aggressive timing setting and it retards it as engine revs rise. That is the main difference compared to the earlier RB25. This is the reason why you will notice some very different hardware on the NEO such as the different VTC solenoid and different CAS as well.

Turbine is a hitachi this time around - no longer garrett. not sure of the exact specs tho.

RB20 gearbox (FS5W71C) can be matched to it. There is no difference here, but be careful what you are matching it to. I think the increase in torque will probably break your gearbox. Think of a RB25 one if you are serious about this engine. Remember also that on a R32 or a A31 you will need a tailshaft mod to accommodate the 25 gearbox.

280PS or about 276 ponies...

As far as i know there should be no real hassle getting this puppy into an A31. Mounts up all the same and the harness to the ECU travels the same path. Should be no biggie. Not come across anyone with a conversion tho.

wow zephuros u sure r helpfull n resourcefull.....the situation is that someone offers me to sell a full set of engine and wiring,harness ecu gearbox but now im not sure coz im afraid that maybe about so,me incomplete wiring or the airflow sensor not sure whether is it the same as the normal rb25 or not coz afraid that maybe its hard to find....so maybe u can advise me or tell me what should i do,ur advise would be very usefuill to me,thanx

I don't think there should be too many problems with that then. As long as the harness is there and you have a wiring diagram you can pretty much fix the missing links. As for the airflow meter, i am not sure what the part number is, but since a lot of people tend to modify the AFM to a 300ZX item, all you need really is the correct socket, an AFC and you can sort that one out. No biggie. The gearbox? Is it the 5MT or the M-ATx or the E-AT? MAke sure it is an RB25 manual box and not a RB20 one.

PM me for more info. PS, ECU important... else VTC cannot jalan... or if you are a bit creative, then with an RSM you can make the VTC jalan! Oh, remember that the RB25 NEO use an electronic speed pickup - not cable.

Originally posted by zephuros@Jan 11 2005, 15:42
I don't think there should be too many problems with that then. As long as the harness is there and you have a wiring diagram you can pretty much fix the missing links. As for the airflow meter, i am not sure what the part number is, but since a lot of people tend to modify the AFM to a 300ZX item, all you need really is the correct socket, an AFC and you can sort that one out. No biggie. The gearbox? Is it the 5MT or the M-ATx or the E-AT? MAke sure it is an RB25 manual box and not a RB20 one.

PM me for more info. PS, ECU important... else VTC cannot jalan... or if you are a bit creative, then with an RSM you can make the VTC jalan! Oh, remember that the RB25 NEO use an electronic speed pickup - not cable.
Hi, Just wondering ; How do you trigger/control the VTC with a RSM?
Thanks

Err VTC is either on or off... so with the help of the 'RevOut' function of the RSM and a relay, you can switch the VTC on or off at whatever trigger rev you want.

Originally posted by zephuros@Jan 12 2005, 11:23
Err VTC is either on or off... so with the help of the 'RevOut' function of the RSM and a relay, you can switch the VTC on or off at whatever trigger rev you want.
err.. I think its more complicated then that..heeheheehe.... throttle and load are also included in the factor ..thanks anyway :)

Originally posted by Jebu@Jan 12 2005, 13:49
my vios got VTI
boleh pakai ka?

:lol: :lol:
Can. But you must change to 20V Silvertop first. :lol:

Skagee, according to my understanding the VTC is on or off... no in-between. I may be wrong tho....

I think zephuros is saying to bypass the ecu and to trigger the vtc via rsm by connecting the solenoid on the head direct to the rsm.

If it is triggered lower down the rev you have better low down torque but sacrificing the top end and vice versa. Better let the ECU do all the work.

Does the rb25 engine boost cut at the MAP sensor or the MAF sensor? Do you know? boosting with stock rb25 can never go beyond 0.82 bar.

Oh yeah! the NEO's has top feed injectors.

Originally posted by zephuros@Jan 12 2005, 15:14
Skagee, according to my understanding the VTC is on or off... no in-between. I may be wrong tho....
Hi, Zephrous

Yes you are correct..It either on or off, However what I was pointing out was actually 'when' does it turn on is important. As you have mentioned that rev could be the trigger , however at low load , half throttle it wouldn't be economical to have it on. Or having it activated on the wrong end of the boost could develope flat spots ( which some of you RB25 user are experiencing due to poor wiring) . So What I'm trying to say is maybe Rev, throttle, boost, load and other factors needs to be involved to make it more 3 D..

Then again I'm most probably wrong too ..heeheeheehehe

Devious17:I think the boost cut works off the MAF as tempering with the signal allows a higher boost.. Does it really only goes up to 0.82bar?Mine goes up to 1 bar...hmmm must be something wrong with mine.....wire #56 was it ?...:)

skagee: my one also got vtc .... can i use V-TEC controller to adjust it ... or maybe an V-AFC????

your one hopeless la.... tsk.. tsk.. tsk..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GAME_OVER@Jan 13 2005, 09:19
skagee: my one also got vtc .... can i use V-TEC controller to adjust it ... or maybe an V-AFC????
Hi, Gameover

Why lar? Does the name "Race Breed" and "JEBU" prompts you into thinking of installing one ?LOLOLOLOL

Anyway, I doubt it will work on your car as these units are meant for NA thus boost isn't taken into consideration ...

.h e l l o. .p e o p l e. , .i. .t h i n k. .i f. .y o u. .t e m p e r. .w i t h. .t h e. .m a f. .s i g n al. , .w o n ' t. .i t. .m a k e. .y o u r. .c a r. .r i c h. .o r. .l e a n. ? :P

SKAGEE,

ok, I agree that there are a number of factors that control the activation of the VTC but then again, it works at low revs, and is turned off at higher revs. It basically works to advance cam timing at low revs and then to go back to the default CAS setting at higher revs. So the thing about flat spots, boost etc ( at high revs) is a non-issue already... err.. if you ask me lar! hahah!

Then again now i could be so wrong now... hahah

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom