radiator problem?

nishantdarshana

Known Member
Jan 24, 2011
Nilai
dear sifus and citizens of zth.

i was at the petrol station a while ago.fuel was running low,so i had to fill up lah.i normally turn my engine off before going to the counter to pay,so i did.(i know some people who keep the engine running,even while filling up!) i got in line,and paid for petrol.upon returning to my car,i noticed that the radiator fan was running.(im not exactly sure what was running,as im a noob when it comes to these things.but air was being sucked through the grille,so im assuming that it was the radiator fan.please correct me if im wrong,sifus.) what worries me is that it had been about 5 minutes since i turned the engine off.as far as i know,after turning the engine off,the radiator fan would continue running just a bit,maybe 2-3 seconds max.but 5 minutes? i tried starting the engine,and turning it off again,then the radiator fan stopped.this has never happened before,not in any of the cars i have driven.is this something i have to be worried about?
:smokin:

nishantdarshana

Known Member
Jan 24, 2011
Nilai
thats a relief.=D thanks for the feedback,sifu crazykatak!=)

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
That was the first thing I notice with my previous car. After joining car clubs, found out that most of them would have encountered it at least once.

nishantdarshana

Known Member
Jan 24, 2011
Nilai
francisfcy:i checked my coolant water level.found it to be okay,plus i top up a bit d.also checked radiator coolant,was full.but so far that has happened only once lah.hopefully it doesnt happen again though.=)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
it is normal for intelligent-ecu equipped car to behave especially on relaly hot day or stopping right after spirited/highspeed run or sprint....

because even after we stopped sometimes the engine temp. still increasing due to no water circulation (waterpump not moving) and yet still so much heat energy trapped in steel engine block....so when engine suddenly off without enough cooling,to avoid head warp, the fan run for a moment at default "fan on" temp. and stop when lower than the ideal temp.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
it is normal for intelligent-ecu equipped car to behave especially on relaly hot day or stopping right after spirited/highspeed run or sprint....

because even after we stopped sometimes the engine temp. still increasing due to no water circulation (waterpump not moving) and yet still so much heat energy trapped in steel engine block....so when engine suddenly off without enough cooling,to avoid head warp, the fan run for a moment at default "fan on" temp. and stop when lower than the ideal temp.
that's cool..

for older car like mine, mayb gotta let it run a few minutes b4 turn off.. or put a turbo timer

:biggrin:

nishantdarshana

Known Member
Jan 24, 2011
Nilai
pomen_gtr:that was at 3 in the morning.=/ but thanks for the feedback nonetheless!=)
d7zul:=D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone did this before?

The meter panel in my car is green in colour, i know how to change the bulb. Let's say if i put a blue bulb, what will the outcome be? Coz the panel itself is already green .... advise from sifu is needed ! Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience